ADVERTISEMENT

Any students on this site

This was my four years at Seton Hall: 9-19 (2-14), 10-18 (1-15), 14-18 (3-13) and 15-14 (4-12).

That totals 48-69 overall and 10-54 in Big East play. I know many who saw worse.

The teams of recent years look like the Warriors of the last decade comparatively.

Yet, I'm still there like clockwork as a 36-year season ticket holder. Still waiting on my damn basketball from Pirate Blue too. Lol.
This is how backwards we are about alumni. I was honored as a season ticket holder in 2021. It was the Creighton game. We were up 63-48. We went on to lose and began the spiral. I never received a basketball. It should have had Sandro’s signature on it. I have nothing to show for it.

Reactions: Halldan1
The attendance last night was poor but this problem goes beyond last night. Every school has night classes, every school has games on inconvenient days, but when it’s part of the culture of the school to attend games the student section is always packed.

Kids don’t magically show up at PC, UConn, Nova, Xavier, etc. they show up because going to basketball games is part of the fabric of being a student at their school. That’s not the case at seton hall. Our administration needs to do a better job at changing the culture.

The attendance last night was poor but this problem goes beyond last night. Every school has night classes, every school has games on inconvenient days, but when it’s part of the culture of the school to attend games the student section is always packed.

Kids don’t magically show up at PC, UConn, Nova, Xavier, etc. they show up because going to basketball games is part of the fabric of being a student at their school. That’s not the case at seton hall. Our administration needs to do a better job at changing the culture.

This. Very simple, it's the culture (or lack of it in this case).

There’s a few reasons:

No Professor will let students out of class for a game, regardless of if they have season tickets or not. I’m gonna guess the snow had something to do it with it too, None of my classes had more than 16 kids in them today (usually have around 22-25 each). I’m guessing nobody wanted to wait on those brick cold busses either. That, combined with an almost nonexistent on-campus promotion leads to nobody showing up. I was still at the game, but it’s understandable that others weren’t.
I've spoken with multiple students about this issue, and you are echoing what I've been hearing. Additionally, I'm told that most once a week classes (2+ hour classes) are on Wednesdays, miss 3 classes and you automatically fail. It appears that the Wednesday games could be a deterrent. When I was in college in the early 80's I wanted once a week classes which allowed me to have Monday's and Friday's off.

what if our students just stink?

s-l1600.jpg

I've spoken with multiple students about this issue, and you are echoing what I've been hearing. Additionally, I'm told that most once a week classes (3 hour classes) are on Wednesdays, miss 3 classes and you automatically fail. It appears that the Wednesday games could be a deterrent. When I was in college in the early 80's I wanted once a week classes which allowed me to have Monday's and Friday's off.
I didnt learn this til my Sr yr. I took two graduate classes at night that met once a week. The profs seemed to have respect for the working men and woman coming to school at night for their masters, and they never kept us the full 2.5 hours.

Dr Zsacho (sic) - RIP - Charles Ives forever!!!

I guess academics have changed. I was a good student, but I cut classes and never got any shit about it.

Reactions: walshtrips
I didnt learn this til my Sr yr. I took two graduate classes at night that met once a week. The profs seemed to have respect for the working men and woman coming to school at night for their masters, and they never kept us the full 2.5 hours.

Dr Zsacho (sic) - RIP - Charles Ives forever!!!

I guess academics have changed. I was a good student, but I cut classes and never got any shit about it.
Dr. Zsako! What a great guy he was, and a great class. He had some serious connections in the classical music world, he was able to bring some titans on campus.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT