ADVERTISEMENT

Bediako...

Waiting to see the official box with the +/- numbers. He was doing a really good job in the first half getting out past the foul line and disrupting them up top, and then getting back to defend underneath. EHE had a tougher time tonight doing that, and his time on the floor was when Butler started to turn the ball over less and hit 3s. Obviously not all on him, but it changed things somewhat.

Reactions: Piratz
Waiting to see the official box with the +/- numbers. He was doing a really good job in the first half getting out past the foul line and disrupting them up top, and then getting back to defend underneath. EHE had a tougher time tonight doing that, and his time on the floor was when Butker started to turn the ball over less and hit 3s. Obviously not all on him, but it changed things somewhat.

Perhaps our best transfer ever, love watching him play. He had 3 blocks coming from behind after defending on the perimeter. He was all over the floor. Pure hustle plain and simple. I like our chances with him against anybody because I know he’s going to leave it all out on the floor. Him and Wusu played great defense.

Perhaps our best transfer ever, love watching him play. He had 3 blocks coming from behind after defending on the perimeter. He was all over the floor. Pure hustle plain and simple. I like our chances with him against anybody because I know he’s going to leave it all out on the floor. Him and Wusu played great defense.
3 great transfers that immediately come to mind that display grit, toughness and all out effort.....Derrick Gordon, Q, and Bediako. They were just great pieces to each team. Unfortunately, we only got to see Q more than 1 season.

He has been one of the biggest surprises I remember.

On the trove over spring/summer he was obviously not our first choice and had sounded like a classic disappointment..like a guy who would struggle to give any minutes

He has turned out to be a solid, very good player for us, way way more skilled than expected and plays very tough and avoids foul trouble (mostly)

although guys like @SHUSA still take shots at him..last game thread saying our big men aren’t BE quality

He has been a stud for us..great for the program to find a player like this and get him playing at this level

He has been one of the biggest surprises I remember.

On the trove over spring/summer he was obviously not our first choice and had sounded like a classic disappointment..like a guy who would struggle to give any minutes

He has turned out to be a solid, very good player for us, way way more skilled than expected and plays very tough and avoids foul trouble (mostly)

although guys like @SHUSA still take shots at him..last game thread saying our big men aren’t BE quality

He has been a stud for us..great for the program to find a player like this and get him playing at this level
My contacts in the summer were trumpeting EHE over Bediako. But once I saw him in the preseason practice I attended there was no doubt in my mind that he was a quality Big East player.

In fact my only worries were the bench. I noted that our starting five could play with any starting five in the league.

I know i was not alone in the ooc thinking that that high hedge made no sense and was ineffective. And now it is awesomely effective. The way jaden pmays it is perfect. And he seems to have added a higher gear too. Love his game on both sides.

My other early complaint was to get him mire touches. Still think we shoukd do that.

Reactions: Turiddu and PROF Ed
Great addition. Do you mean grad transfer? Tell me why Kadary and Davis are not in this conversation, esp if an above poster considers McKnight?
Yes - that is great point, but those guys were much more heralded than the other 3. Both those guys have been great. I was telling my friend Richmond is so good, it barely looks like he is trying. And Davis just gets it done. I would love to have both those guys back next year, but don't see it happening.

Reactions: Turiddu
Better than Kadary?? Come on. He's been good but think.

Yes - that is great point, but those guys were much more heralded than the other 3. Both those guys have been great. I was telling my friend Richmond is so good, it barely looks like he is trying. And Davis just gets it done. I would love to have both those guys back next year, but don't see it happening.
Based on Bediako stats he is having a career year! Praise to Sha!! And his motor is unique IMHO

Not Carl Marshall? 😆

Better than Kadary?? Come on. He's been good but think.
Should have said first year transfer which is what I was thinking. Kadary was barely just Ok year one. Quincy, got better year 2. Not many transfers are this good first year and in this case only year. Gordon made an impact year one.

Reactions: Turiddu
JB has experience, basketball smarts, motor, coachability and only cares about the team's success. He knows himself as a player and what he does well and plays within himself.

His value defensively cannot be overstated. He's probably our most valuable player on the defensive end. Not great one on one in the post but he holds his own. What he means to team defense is everything. Does an incredible job on the pick and roll with the hedging and is a strong help defender. Leads the BE in Block Rate.

When our 5 starters are on the floor together our KenPom Defensive Rating is 93.4 (an excellent number). When EHE is on the floor with the other 4 starters our Defensive Rating is 121.8 (horrendous).

In addition, who do you think is our most valuable player to team success when on or off the court? Richmond would seem to be the answer and our team Rating is +18.4 with him on the court. This ranks in the 94th percentile in D1. But JB leads the team with a +22.1 Rating which is 97th percentile in all D1.

Wow, can't believe we're discussing transfers and no one mentioned....Romaro Gill. Averaged over 3 blocks his senior season, defensive player of the year, most improved player of the year and 3rd in the NCAA in blocks per game. You wanna talk about an under the radar pick up and a guy who was properly developed? Well then we're talking Romaro!

Wow, can't believe we're discussing transfers and no one mentioned....Romaro Gill. Averaged over 3 blocks his senior season, defensive player of the year, most improved player of the year and 3rd in the NCAA in blocks per game. You wanna talk about an under the radar pick up and a guy who was properly developed? Well then we're talking Romaro!
Ro was great. I see transfers and jucos as 2 different buckets.

I posted a thread months ago probably just titled Bediako reveling over how great he has been given the biggest concern going into the season was losing Samuel and having a front court of two unheralded big men that didn't do much against lower competition. And since then he has only continued to fill that huge need with the production and consistency you'd hope to get from a top 100 after a couple of years in the program.

Really couldn't be more impressed with what he's done vs what was anticipated. It goes to show that's why they play the games (as does our current third place standing)

Carino had article several weeks ago. SHU reached out to Bediako right away when he was looking to transfer, one of his advisors/former coaches had relationship with Coach Davis. We were one of 2 or 3 high majors interested.
The very same coach Davis that many wanted to jettison this summer? Cheers to Coach Davis

I believe you can have up to 5 assistant coaches now. How many can actually recruit?

We’ve had some really impactful ones.

No particular order and far from complete. Just the ones who pop into my head
Kadary
Sweet
Q
Bediako
Dre
Gordon
Too bad Oli Taylor often gets overlooked. Was an amazing addition to our team.

Reactions: PF58 and HallX2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT