ADVERTISEMENT

BET: We Play Marquette

Piratz

All Universe
Gold Member
Mar 25, 2004
Wednesday at 7PM.

Winner gets Villanova Thursday at Noon.

Well that's good, they're probably the worst team in the league, there's no way we could ever lose to...uh, nevermind.

Goo first round game for us. Certainly believe we can beat them. WOJO has a nice recruiting class and I think the year after next his third year they will be a real good team again.

Thank God. Only one more embarrassing loss before this season is in the books.

Willard is dogshit and theres no way this team goes anywhere under him. Im betting the spread on marquette.

I'd like to see us play well at MSG and pump some positives back into the team. Getting away from the Willard talk for a second, let's remember that of our 12 scholarship players in the program, 7 of them are in their first season playing or with the program (Delgado, Carrington, Whitehead, Rodriguez, Sanogo, Anthony, Nzei).

So I think it's important they have a good experience there. Right now they are our future, regardless of Willard's status.

It would be good for them to have some good vibes heading into the offseason. It's been miserable around the program. We're a missed Creighton shot from losing 9 consecutive games. Damn.

Seton Hall should beat Marquette on Wednesday but I can't see them beating Villanova on Thursday.

So we either go out with another loss to the worst team in the league or get blown out by Villanova. Looking forward to it.

Man, I just think back to how I felt walking out of the Rock after the Nova win. To have a season collapse like this, 13-3 (3-1) to 16-14 (6-12) under a coach who is in his 5th year with a career record of 127-129, not to mention the Big East record...

I just don't see how you go forward with this coach. This was supposed to be a "lay the foundation" season. In my wildest dreams after the Nova game I couldn't have imagined we would be playing the 8-9 game and looking at Nova next.

Originally posted by SPK145:
Seton Hall should beat Marquette on Wednesday but I can't see them beating Villanova on Thursday.
Iagree. Our season once so promising ends Wed or Thurs. Who would have thunk it after the Nova victory?

Originally posted by Jerry1992:
No NIT if we win Wednesday?
Carino doesn't think so.

Bracket aside, I'm glad SHU doesn't have to try to beat Creighton a third time. One win at the BET > none.

If we win 17 games in the 2nd best conference in basketball, then we will get an NIT bid. They are mentioning that some 19 win teams have a chance to make the NCAA .

The short answer is it depends.

A lot will be riding on conference tournaments this week. The NIT would love to have a Big East team and Seton Hall is the only option. With regular season conference champs getting auto-bids to the NIT if they don't win the conference tournament, a 17-15 Seton Hall team would be first on the chopping block for the likes of Murray State or NC Central or Texas Southern or any team in a one-bid conference that might (or already did) lose.

Agree. It will be close. Hope they make it. Would be some good experience for the young team.

Barring 2-3 wins at MSG, the only thing going for us and our NIT resume is our conference affiliation.

Interesting a 5 seed. We are a lock I guess. We should get a bid with a win Wednesday. Not the tournament we wanted but will take it at this point.

Jerry, I don't think so. Maybe if we play Nova tight. But that's going to be awfully hard. We won't sneak up on them this year.

Nova will be real tough but hope to see it. Not even making the NIT would be rough considering our early success. Hope we sneak in.

We'll be fortunate to beat Marquette with the disjointed way we've played. When we're moving the ball well we're turning it over. When we're stagnant and not turning it over, we're talking bad shots. And our defense is AWOL most of the time. Sigh.

There's a reason we've lost 8 of 9.

I'd love to see us play Villanova with house money. Why not?

My guess is the season ends Thursday afternoon.

This post was edited on 3/9 9:18 PM by Piratz

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT