ADVERTISEMENT

Big East Big 12 Done

Any guesses who our Big 12 home game will be against this season? Houston would be amazing could be #1 in america

It feels like the mega conferences + roster turnover will change what we’ve know as “non conference resume”.

Reactions: shupat08
I kinda thought this would happen with the west coast additions. Same thing happened in he Big 10 ..the west coast teams voted against it and also the number of teams they have compared to us have changed a lot.
This hurts the BE and I’m hoping that Fox will come up with some ideas like paying $ for home and home series between the BE and other conferences ..otherwise it will be hard with everyones OOC schedule. And tournaments don’t’ help either as we would lose home games .

I don't understand why this has to end? FSU is trying to get out of the ACC and once they do my bet is more will follow. B1G and SEC are mega conferences. That leaves a nice matchup for 2 traditional conferences to matchup vs each other. I don't see this as a good thing.

Reactions: Piratz
I mean we watched how the Big 12 scheduled and utilized the NET formulas why would they schedule the Big East anymore

Reactions: LBP43
I mean we watched how the Big 12 scheduled and utilized the NET formulas why would they schedule the Big East anymore
But even that was so easily seen through. Anyone looking at an actual resume instead of just NET saw it. And btw you do have to hammer those cupcakes, can squeak by like we did with Monmouth.

The goal should be at least 1 pristine non-con win or 2, then avoid any bad losses. Can go cupcake city for the rest.

Eventually the BE will be the gold standard in the non power FB tier. Then the NCAAT will feature everyone rooting for the non-power-FB tier programs to upset. Tournament gets expanded so the power FB conf commissioners are appeased.

Reactions: JoePeppitone2012
The big 12 just expanded to what 20 members? This is the future. Power conferences are going to be reluctant to schedule non-power conference opponents.

Not good, we now have lost the Gavitt Games and this in the span of a year or two.

The 18 team conferences may have to go to 22+ game conference schedules. Just less and less room for big inter- conference games. It’s not a conspiracy, just logistics.

Reactions: statenman and CL82
Any guesses who our Big 12 home game will be against this season? Houston would be amazing could be #1 in america
Could be a rematch of an infamous game at the Meadowlands w/ SH upsetting the heavy favorites who had a few future NBA stars on that team.

Possibly since Big East only got 3 bids and they think these matchups might negatively influence the all important metrics. ;) seriously, too bad. I enjoy these type games.

Reactions: NYC Pirate
We are a power conference in basketball! comeon.
Preaching to the choir my friend, sort of. The whole "power conference" designation was a football thing. With the big 12 at 20 teams, they've only got a limited amount they can play outside their schedule. I strongly suspect there is going to be a tendency to schedule other football schools.

The 18 team conferences may have to go to 22+ game conference schedules. Just less and less room for big inter- conference games. It’s not a conspiracy, just logistics.
I'm a little surprised as I thought the leagues had agreed to a second four-year deal. If so, there would be two years remaining.

Regardless, it's tough to have these series when nearly half of one conference has to sit out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT