ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari

It's going to be a dark day in Lexington. Not neccesarily the day if and when this happens, but when UK fans realize that they are probably not getting Dan Hurley or someone else "top tier."

Reactions: LBP43 and CL82
Kentucky is not used to losing a coach, forget about to an SEC rival. I think Arkansas might be the second best job in the SEC after Kentucky, but not sure why Cal would do this unless he just is sick of dealing with the Kentucky expectations.

If Cal ever left Kentucky, it would be fascinating to see where they go for the HC hire. If they have a short term view, my first call would be Pitino. But given his age, my next two calls would probably be the two guys who just coached against each other in the Final Four. I don't see one leaving for many, many reasons, but Nate Oats at KY is pretty damn attractive.

Reactions: SOpirate
Kentucky is not used to losing a coach, forget about to an SEC rival. I think Arkansas might be the second best job in the SEC after Kentucky, but not sure why Cal would do this unless he just is sick of dealing with the Kentucky expectations.

If Cal ever left Kentucky, it would be fascinating to see where they go for the HC hire. If they have a short term view, my first call would be Pitino. But given his age, my next two calls would probably be the two guys who just coached against each other in the Final Four. I don't see one leaving for many, many reasons, but Nate Oats at KY is pretty damn attractive.
Some suggesting underwood.

So his 34 M buyout goes away? I doubt Arkansas going to swallow that. Why would Calipari leave Kentucky for Arkansas? IDK seems like a weird fit to me

So his 34 M buyout goes away? I doubt Arkansas going to swallow that. Why would Calipari leave Kentucky for Arkansas? IDK seems like a weird fit to me
Tyson family are billionaires.

I think the buyout mentioned is for how much Cal would be paid if UK fires him. But I am guessing either he wants out of Kentucky or he is using this to increase his contract or length of contract at UK.

Imagine it’s Pitino to replace Cal. That would almost make me feel bad for our friends up in Queens.

Some suggesting underwood.
Interesting. I suppose Beard would be a big time candidate as well. He passed on Arkansas if things are to be believed.

Another outside the box candidate - Billy Donovan if he wants back in the college game.

They saying Chris Beard maybe, or Billy Donovan. Cali is now a done deal, announcement coming in the next day. According to Pete Thamel

They saying Chris Beard maybe, or Billy Donovan. Cali is now a done deal, announcement coming in the next day. According to Pete Thamel
LOL I just posted Donovan without reading your post or anything else. His name has popped up occasionally for openings where he has some logical tie.

Reactions: newshu1
Buyout was one way. He’s clear to leave apparently. Cal felt uneasy about long term stability of current situation at UK

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT