ADVERTISEMENT

Chaunce to Seton Hall

Looking good on paper but no idea what to expect from these guys until I see them all together play?

Chaunce kind of reminds me of Souley Boum from Xavier a few years ago. Gaurd with a similar build who put up a lot of points in a mid major conference - hope he transitions to the Big East as well as Boum did.
Team looks like it will have a different look. Instead of offense being reliant on three guys (Richmond, Dre, Al), a bunch of 6’4” and 6’5” guards/wings that can get into the lane and get their shot off. Looks like they are built to run out more too.

seems like a good get. I only watched highlight videos, it seems he’s athletic, slashes well to the basket and active defensively. It was only highlights but every highlight he was going to his right. Hope he can drive left too.

I don't think, we can get any player that remotely can compare to K.R.'s numbers.
Happy to get Chaunce...welcome to your new Seton Hall family....you made a good choice.
Thank you for choosing the Hall.

Reactions: Section112
We can't replace Kadary, Dawes and Davis with 3 players, we will have to replace them with a bunch of guys. Coleman should improve which will help. Middleton should help. Chaunce will help. Wusu returning is huge. We have a ways to go to be a competitive team for the NCAAT, but Sha is putting the right pieces together so far. Keep adding.

Decent player but not even remotely KR numbers.
Better than decent but I agree he doesn't play like Kadari who was a facilitator that can score when needed. Jenkins is a score first PG who's a superior athlete and shooter to Kadari but lacks the overall game Kadari had. Both can play defense which I like tho

Welcome aboard, Chaunce!

I'm happy you chose to finish your collegiate career as a Seton Hall Pirate. Bring that chip on your shoulder to the Hall because I am sure you and the Pirates will once again be overlooked by the coaches and media next season.

I certainly look forward to what you can add to this young team! With Isaiah, and fellow transfers, Scotty, Prince and Gus, I think we have the nucleus with which Sha can work to become a very tough out in the Big East.

With a couple more pieces, and some hard work, who knows how far we can go? Trust in Sha and yes, "Let's Get It!"

It’s tough bc the development over years really endeared players to their programs (and fans), but we’ve had notable one-hit wonders that left a mark. Andrew Gaze tops the list, but even others like Derrick Gordon and Jaden Bediako lately. It can happen.

If Jenkins stars on a good team, he’ll be on the list.
I agree we have had the one year players that left a mark on the program. But those players joined a team of veteran player that were here.

I get we root for Seton Hall. But are we never going to have players who bleed Seton Hall again. Dehere, Jerry Walker, and Shaheen. That type of player who is inextricably linked to the school forever is a thing of the past.

Looking good on paper but no idea what to expect from these guys until I see them all together play?
I agree we have had the one year players that left a mark on the program. But those players joined a team of veteran player that were here.

I get we root for Seton Hall. But are we never going to have players who bleed Seton Hall again. Dehere, Jerry Walker, and Shaheen. That type of player who is inextricably linked to the school forever is a thing of the past.
As with most other schools as well. Sad it's come to this.

I agree with the above posters who lament the sudden disappearance of those days when players committed and remained at Seton Hall for their careers. It was an opportunity for us to watch them grow and appreciate their contributions to the Blue and White. Invariably, four years in South Orange would leave an indelible mark on these young men for the remainder of their lives.

Today, I simply appreciate those nuggets that Dan, Jerry Carino and others give us from behind the scenes so that we can better connect to the players, even if for one year. Much of that content Dan provides in the Trove.

For me, for Chaunce, the thing I liked most from what I have read was Adam Zagoria's quote on X from ODU coach, Mike Jones, who described Chaunce as "an elite scorer with point guard capability. Great person that will thrive with Coach Sha!!!"

What an endorsement of both Chaunce and Coach Sha from the coach Chaunce left behind! Don't think that his support didn't mean anything to the young man.

Reactions: Flnj86
The way I see it we replaced KR with kids who can actually take and make outside shots and DON'T have to drive to the basked to score the ball! We might actually be better off offensively without KR! Yes it remains to be seen but I am optimistic that Sha will have a much better and more balanced offense with KR gone.

Wherever KR lands he will not be the same player because Sha made use of his skills and understood his limitations. With the big bucks he will get the expectations will be high and he is doomed to disappoint much like he did Boeheim at Cuse!

The way I see it we replaced KR with kids who can actually take and make outside shots and DON'T have to drive to the basked to score the ball! We might actually be better off offensively without KR! Yes it remains to be seen but I am optimistic that Sha will have a much better and more balanced offense with KR gone.

Wherever KR lands he will not be the same player because Sha made use of his skills and understood his limitations. With the big bucks he will get the expectations will be high and he is doomed to disappoint much like he did Boeheim at Cuse!
I think we need to stop worrying or thinking about KR, SJU or anyone else, and focus on SHU. Time to move on and finish construction of the roster.

Hall85, you need to do a reality check. Now that KR is at St John's we will be thinking and talking about him a lot. Especially now and when we play them!
Wasted energy….

t5318_1__36517.1341836835.jpg

about him.

Reactions: Flnj86
Talk about the players that are going to be on the SHU roster next yr. Have a discussion about potential remaining recruits to fill out the rest of the team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT