ADVERTISEMENT

Cliff Omoruyi to Alabama

$2 million, supposedly! And it wasn't from Alabama. I wonder who was dumb enough to offer him that much.
I wonder whom was dumb enough to turn it down? :cool:

Trying real hard to believe Big Cliff got a Million from Bama --about the same reportedly given to Tide's returning Football QB Milroe -- in fact all Football players at Bama collectively made 3 million NIL money according to Saban. Don't know why I cannot believe Cliff got what is said --but I don't.

Last edited:
Would have thought Bama as a probable destination for Kadary

Would have thought Bama as a probable destination for Kadary
I don’t know if he shoots 3s well enough for that system. They rely and emphasize that as much or more than any high major.

I wonder whom was dumb enough to turn it down? :cool:

Trying real hard to believe Big Cliff got a Million from Bama --about the same reportedly given to Tide's returning Football QB Milroe -- in fact all Football players at Bama collectively made 3 million NIL money according to Saban. Don't know why I cannot believe Cliff got what is said --but I don't.
Wonder if that offer was incentive loaded. Maybe he took the lesser with no strings

Georgetown offered $2 million. UNC offered $1.7 million. Bama offered $1.4 million. He chose Bama because of their system.
WOW , if that's true , we all never compete in that game and better keep our coach well compensated

Georgetown offered $2 million. UNC offered $1.7 million. Bama offered $1.4 million. He chose Bama because of their system (according to some posters on the Bama boards).

2 million for what? He’s not even close to being worth that amount. Crazy stuff going on in the college universe.
When you're trying to rebuild a program that has been historic-level awful for several years, you do things that you might not ordinarily do.

If Cliff, along with others, would have been able to get them into the NCAAs, it would have been money well spent.

Some team in Queens probably
Saw some Trilly stuff that it was either Cooley or Scott Drew.

And apparently Drew is now turning to the Miami big who went to the portal, declared for draft but is supposedly returning.

Maybe part of the pitch to keep Drew at Baylor and turning down KY was boosters telling him he’d have a ridiculous NIL fund.

Davis is unquestionably the better BB player. But he does not play a premium position. And even though at the highest level the 5 position has morphed into a more mobile middle man capable of playing on the perimeter, in college Omoruyi surrounded by offensive talent will be a game changer in the middle on D.

Davis is unquestionably the better BB player. But he does not play a premium position. And even though at the highest level the 5 position has morphed into a more mobile middle man capable of playing on the perimeter, in college Omoruyi surrounded by offensive talent will be a game changer in the middle on D.

This. If we rewind the clock, can you imagine the dollars that wouldve been tossed at an improved Obigu or Gill? Or better yet...

(Beware. arbitrary numbers and extreme cases incoming...).

There's a discussion where you can say Luka Doncic or even Anthony Edwards is a better player than Nikola Jokic. But Jokic can command more money & attention due to his position on the court.

Agree 100%. We could and we will replace Davis. I'm not sure replacing Bediako is going to be so easy.

Agree 100%. We could and we will replace Davis. I'm not sure replacing Bediako is going to be so easy.
One of the assistant coaches at the Corks & Forks event said GusBus will eventually remind us of a baby Nikola Jokic from the NBA. But we need a seasoned center now. Hoping the staff can find someone as good as Bedeiko.

• Haha
Reactions: shu09
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT