ADVERTISEMENT

Creighton vs Butler

Seton75

Beyond All Universe
Gold Member
Jun 4, 2001
Whoa. These guys are playing. Posh not playing and butler is killing it on offense. Lots of fun to watch.

Reactions: LBP43
Crazy good game! Nobody is missing both teams could get to 100 in regulation at this rate. Butler is going to be tough to beat the way they are playing.

came here to start the post. looks like everyones on it!

this isnt even a case of bad defense. one thing i noticed is schierman palms the ball so badly. he does these "crossovers" that are so unfair to defend.

their small backup fro freshman PG is hanging. i feel like that happens to other teams in the BE more than us.

13 3s and only 2 turnovers. Been guarding the kalk pick and roll very well

Anyone who looks at Seton Hall's remaining schedule and says home games vs. Butler, Xavier, and Villanova will be automatic wins is sorely mistaken. Seton Hall is going to have to do a lot of work to earn a NCAA bid.

What are you guys watching? They stopped the game and allowed Butler's best player tonight to come back in. They called the moving screen on Kalkbrenner.

Don't understand why Creighton never tried to press them in the back court?

and thats exactly why you shouldnt have fouled. what an awful call. about to haunt them.

omg what? creighton guy smacks the butler dude in the face. no flagrant but the guy has to leave the game because hes bleeding. hes also their best ft shooter and butler has to sub in a guy that only had 8 attempts all season and he nailed them!

Reactions: silkcitypirate
Wild. Maybe Tim Clougherty will call a foul on Butler....

Not a great play there. I'd rather have taken my chances with a jump shot. Kalkbrenner is not athletic enough for that play.

Don't understand why Creighton never tried to press them in the back court?
Very bad job by Creighton not pressuring much earlier in the half with no Posh Alexander. They let Butler set up camp time after time. You cannot give up that many points at home in the second half. Usually, you would say a team played their A+++ as a high. Butler played an A+++++ offensive game. Let's see how the dust settles, but Butler is now in the picture.

My takeaway isnt that BU can beat us. I knew that. I think we can win any of our remaining games. Tonight made be feel that thought is a little less crazy.

I think the only game not winnable on our remaining schedule is @ UConn. But who knows, Providence competed well there the other night. But every game is also lose-able, except for DePaul at home.

Reactions: bigraym and SPK145
I think the only game not winnable on our remaining schedule is @ UConn. But who knows, Providence competed well there the other night. But every game is also lose-able, except for DePaul at home.
Beating uconn again is long odds for sure. But watching pc give them all they could handle for 35 minutes gave me some hope. Like the game tonight gave me more hope that we can beat them. We have one definate win i think. And no definate losses. If we play as we can and stay healthy i think we are gonna be happy

Reactions: NittanyPirate
Beating uconn again is long odds for sure. But watching pc give them all they could handle for 35 minutes gave me some hope. Like the game tonight gave me more hope that we can beat them. We have one definate win i think. And no definate losses. If we play as we can and stay healthy i think we are gonna be happy
I agree. Hurley and McDermott know SHU isn’t a guaranteed win for their team after one was out worked/embarrassed and the other pushed to the brink for 55 minutes.

I like waking up to this news and especially seeing Wachtel’s words “this win is another feather in our cap.”

If Seton Hall stays healthy there will be more feathers added to the Pirate cap before selection Sunday.

Butler figured out Kalkbrenner who was invisible offensively in 2nd half.
Difference is we made him look like Bill walton...
We will have to figure out how to defend him on the pick and roll to have a chance. Or get him in foul trouble !

omg what? creighton guy smacks the butler dude in the face. no flagrant but the guy has to leave the game because hes bleeding. hes also their best ft shooter and butler has to sub in a guy that only had 8 attempts all season and he nailed them!
Looked like a flagrant to me as well. He appeared to be going right for his face and not the ball. Earlier he stuck his leg out and injured another Butler player. Thinking some of his actions were intentional.

came here to start the post. looks like everyones on it!

this isnt even a case of bad defense. one thing i noticed is schierman palms the ball so badly. he does these "crossovers" that are so unfair to defend.

Have you ever seen Kadary dribble/cross the ball over?

Reactions: TheHall87
Great game. Absolutely no defense, LOL. I thought Butler was going to blow it late.

Anyone who looks at Seton Hall's remaining schedule and says home games vs. Butler, Xavier, and Villanova will be automatic wins is sorely mistaken. Seton Hall is going to have to do a lot of work to earn a NCAA bid.
Nothing comes easy to Seton Hall. Never does. Just really never that kind of elite team and especially this year. Going from 6-1 to 7-4 is the most SHU thing ever, LOL.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT