ADVERTISEMENT

Dimon on MAGA

The majority of voters on both sides will not be swayed. I think there are enough in the middle that don't want to vote for Biden that would vote for Haley or Desantis but would stick with Biden against Trump.
Agree 100% but the sad goal of both sides is not to inspire their side to get out and vote for them, it’s to drum up enough hate against the other side to drive turnout numbers up.

Agree 100% but the sad goal of both sides is not to inspire their side to get out and vote for them, it’s to drum up enough hate against the other side to drive turnout numbers up.
Remember when candidates would talk about what they were going to do make things better and inspired the electorate for a better future. Now it’s pure fear, hate and division.

Reactions: shu09
No genius, but they do the same things all your liberal media stations do as far as claiming to be news when they are not. No different than CNN and all your other liberal sources and you'll never go against what they do. This is unbelievable that you went this long without a tweet. Congrats to you. However end of the day you are smart enough to know FNC, CNN and all the rest of them prey on the weak to stir the pot and get viewers, which creates hate and division for their own financial benefit. So next time we read about fair wages and treating people right and all that other stuff you put on here, remember you support those preying on the weak to keep hate and division alive.
Macro scale in the US you have

3 major players in cable news...FNC, CNN, MS...an emerging group in NewsNation and a group that took some of FNC audience in Newsmax.

Beyond that many digital entities that are actually conservative...oan, daily wire, daily caller, outkick, rsbn, americas choice, tpusa

I couldn't tell you much about liberal or progressive digital space platforms because it isn't something i truly have interest in or care to follow.

The free to air weeknight network news broadcasts pretty much file stories and give news of the day.

Local/regional news station is about community and weather

So there must be many many weaker people than me because i dont like something i change the channel.

In last 5 years we have seen civil rights, healthcare and choice of vaccination become politicized domestically. In other countries there are far more media groups and/or media groups that are state controlled.

US cspan, cbp, pbs and npr are extensions of government funding.

Do you follow think tanks at all? Many in the conservative space have reps getting platformed to endorse the very area you made this thread reply about not news but opining to divide.

If you followed sports radio in the 90s did it offend you that mike and mad dog stirred the pot and attracted audiences and preyed on weak unintelligent fans to brainwash them into very programmed beliefs?

Last edited:
Just watched some of Haley on a CNN town hall. We are missing out if we don't elect her. She has all the right stuff. I'm rarely impressed with politicians, but I am with her.
I agree Haley is the most impressive GOP candidate. Thoughtful, poised, and consistently polls ahead of Biden by a wide margin. Unfortunately her prospects are extremely dim this cycle, even if she manages to pull off a win in New Hampshire.

She should save herself the embarrassment of being routed by Trump in her home state, and quietly start building for 2028. The more she prolongs the inevitable the more she will lose standing with MAGA as Trump continues to trash her.

In the event that something happens to Trump legally or otherwise, she can step in and fill the void without having burnt bridges with large portions of the base.

• Haha
Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Yes.. Haley and the civil war thing will be brought up 1000 times and DeSantis is already hated by Dems. So I think there's enough to turnout voters to vote against those 2.
desantis yea, but i think haley would be extremely competitive against biden. first woman president hard for some dems to pass up

desantis yea, but i think haley would be extremely competitive against biden. first woman president hard for some dems to pass up
You very well may be right. I just don’t believe that as many Dems didn’t show up for first woman president Hilary. I think the sad truth is America is a country where hate shines right now and you can get people to vote against something more than vote for something. I feel terrible saying that but it’s what I see. Take our own board, instead of just enjoying our season, we don’t miss a chance to take a jab at our previous coach. For what? I don’t know. But it’s clearly a love of negativity as opposed to just embracing the positive that’s going on right now.

Macro scale in the US you have

3 major players in cable news...FNC, CNN, MS...an emerging group in NewsNation and a group that took some of FNC audience in Newsmax.

Beyond that many digital entities that are actually conservative...oan, daily wire, daily caller, outkick, rsbn, americas choice, tpusa

I couldn't tell you much about liberal or progressive digital space platforms because it isn't something i truly have interest in or care to follow.

The free to air weeknight network news broadcasts pretty much file stories and give news of the day.

Local/regional news station is about community and weather

So there must be many many weaker people than me because i dont like something i change the channel.

In last 5 years we have seen civil rights, healthcare and choice of vaccination become politicized domestically. In other countries there are far more media groups and/or media groups that are state controlled.

US cspan, cbp, pbs and npr are extensions of government funding.

Do you follow think tanks at all? Many in the conservative space have reps getting platformed to endorse the very area you made this thread reply about not news but opining to divide.

If you followed sports radio in the 90s did it offend you that mike and mad dog stirred the pot and attracted audiences and preyed on weak unintelligent fans to brainwash them into very programmed beliefs?
cant believe you’re comparing Mike and the mad dog stirring sports talk radio up by saying things that would provoke callers to call in to creating hatred and division within the country. Wow. Just wow.

I agree Haley is the most impressive GOP candidate. Thoughtful, poised, and consistently polls ahead of Biden by a wide margin. Unfortunately her prospects are extremely dim this cycle, even if she manages to pull off a win in New Hampshire.

She should save herself the embarrassment of being routed by Trump in her home state, and quietly start building for 2028. The more she prolongs the inevitable the more she will lose standing with MAGA as Trump continues to trash her.

In the event that something happens to Trump legally or otherwise, she can step in and fill the void without having burnt bridges with large portions of the base.

Haley is an impressive flip flopper puppet!
Yes!!!

You very well may be right. I just don’t believe that as many Dems didn’t show up for first woman president Hilary. I think the sad truth is America is a country where hate shines right now and you can get people to vote against something more than vote for something. I feel terrible saying that but it’s what I see. Take our own board, instead of just enjoying our season, we don’t miss a chance to take a jab at our previous coach. For what? I don’t know. But it’s clearly a love of negativity as opposed to just embracing the positive that’s going on right now.
hillary was an extremely unlikeable plant by the dems. i suppose the world wasn't ready for a woman president back then but now i think they are

hillary was an extremely unlikeable plant by the dems. i suppose the world wasn't ready for a woman president back then but now i think they are
Just a sad comment in my opinion that people wouldn't be ready for a woman president. The question should simply always be who is the best for the job. This may upset people but sometimes it's a white man who is best for the job and other times it's not. But the notion of wanting a woman president simply because she's a woman not because she's best for the job is really a terrible thought process in my opinion. In this case I would think Haley is better than Joe, but I fully expect her to be attacked no different than Trump if he wins the nomination. Remember at this pointin 2016, Trump was the guy propped up by the media. He was a rating machine with no chance to win a general election. Then months later he was attacked to the Nth degree, Haley's going to have to withstand some heat. We'll see how she comes out of that if she gets the nomination.

A plant? What? Hillary Clinton was planning to be president ever since she was the First Lady. It's why she ran for Senate, then ran for President in 2008. Obama got in the way of that and she ran again when his term was ending.

A plant? What? Hillary Clinton was planning to be president ever since she was the First Lady. It's why she ran for Senate, then ran for President in 2008. Obama got in the way of that and she ran again when his term was ending.
She was unlikable and in the end demonstrated a lack of awareness and just plain stupidity. Who in their right mind would install half of the electorate weeks before the election.

IMO, the two greatest things to come out of Trump’s presidency, was the resulting conservative SCOTUS, and denying Hillary the ability to become the first woman president and ever hold that office.

Reactions: SOpirate and shu09
Biden AND Trump are both unfit for office. Sorry you can't see it.
I can't see it because Trump was a pretty damn good president. Biden is a disaster and yet you guys would vote for him again which makes you all complicit in the destruction of our country

I can't see it because Trump was a pretty damn good president. Biden is a disaster and yet you guys would vote for him again which makes you all complicit in the destruction of our country

I'm not voting for Biden, LOL. Get a grip.

Regarding Trump, 91 criminal charges doesn't do it for you? How many will it take before you realize he is unfit for office?

Reactions: SHUSA
Biggest joke of the day from Tim Scott, saying he is endorsing Trump because he will unite the country….smh

Trump and Biden may be the two most divisive Presidents in my lifetime.

Reactions: shu09
Biggest joke of the day from Tim Scott, saying he is endorsing Trump because he will unite the country….smh

Used to respect Tim Scott, but the debates this cycle exposed him. Now endorsing Trump like a lap dog. Shameful.

biden only exists still because of trump.

btw don't agree that bidens presidency is disastrous. the brainwashed trumpers thing it's the apocalypse.

• Haha
Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan

I disagree. Nobody is going to unite the country because the media keeps it divided. I don’t see these guys as anymore divisive than Obama. I think the only reason presidents before that seemed less divisive is because there wasn’t constant news media fighting for ratings by creating division. It’s bad. I don’t think either of these men are really as divisive as they’ve been made out to be. For example if Monica Lewinsky situation happened today it would be 100 times greater than it was when it happened.

I disagree. Nobody is going to unite the country because the media keeps it divided. I don’t see these guys as anymore divisive than Obama. I think the only reason presidents before that seemed less divisive is because there wasn’t constant news media fighting for ratings by creating division. It’s bad. I don’t think either of these men are really as divisive as they’ve been made out to be. For example if Monica Lewinsky situation happened today it would be 100 times greater than it was when it happened.
I don’t disagree with a lot of that. Obama was also divisive and still is. Lacks the class of most previous ex-Presidents who ride off into the sunset and don’t stay in the fray. He and his wife continue to stir the pot.

Agree also that the media is a huge culprit in this. Money driving the bus and most money to be made promoting discord. Look at the way they are twisting Haley’s words.

Most visible thing to me is that Trump and Biden have done little to share their vision, just scare tactics about the other guy.

biden only exists still because of trump.

btw don't agree that bidens presidency is disastrous. the brainwashed trumpers thing it's the apocalypse.
Only one “side” is brainwashed? Neither Biden nor Trump’s Presidency has been a disaster, but that’s a ridiculous low bar. I don’t need someone to tell me that (like the MSM). I can see the positives/negatives with my own eyes. Leadership matters to me and both have zero in that department.

I don’t disagree with a lot of that. Obama was also divisive and still is. Lacks the class of most previous ex-Presidents who ride off into the sunset and don’t stay in the fray. He and his wife continue to stir the pot.

Agree also that the media is a huge culprit in this. Money driving the bus and most money to be made promoting discord. Look at the way they are twisting Haley’s words.

Most visible thing to me is that Trump and Biden have done little to share their vision, just scare tactics about the other guy.
You can add it to the list of things Trump got right, it’s all fake news. Problem with Trump is he likes the fake news that goes in his favor. Until fake news can’t be called news they’ll sucker people in to watch and divide.

You can add it to the list of things Trump got right, it’s all fake news. Problem with Trump is he likes the fake news that goes in his favor. Until fake news can’t be called news they’ll sucker people in to watch and divide.
True. I defer to comedian Lewis Black on the subject. Essentially he says regarding “fake news” and the MSM: “I can see news; I don’t need six people sitting around a table on cable news what I can see with my own eyes.”

Good piece on him from 2019 but he’s right, especially about tweeting.

“Once the news took the tweets out and started reading the tweets and essentially legitimizing them, that's my job, not your job," Black says. "I read those things, especially a lot of the ones they are reading. I get reading policy ones, but the other ones? Nuh uh, I get to read those.”​

https://www.dallasobserver.com/arts/lewis-black-rants-about-issues-the-news-ignores-11794580

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT