ADVERTISEMENT

Felton & Erheriene Sign

Pirates Sign Felton and Erheriene to NLIs​

resize

South Orange, N.J. – Seton Hall men's basketball head coach Shaheen Holloway has announced that two talented high school seniors have signed National Letters of Intent to join the Pirates in Fall 2024; Jahseem Felton (6-5, G, Charlotte, N.C., Combine Academy) and Godswill Erheriene (6-9, C, Ughelli, Nigeria, Long Island Lutheran).

"I'm excited to add these two student-athletes to our program," Holloway said. "These are two young men that we targeted in the recruiting process and we knew that they could help us right away. They come from great high school programs and great families."

A talented guard with New Jersey roots – his father hails from Trenton – Felton attends Combine Academy in Charlotte, N.C., a team that is currently ranked as the No. 17 high school basketball team in the country according to ESPN. Rated as a four-star recruit by On3 and the No. 24 combo guard in the class of 2024 according to 247 Sports, Felton averaged 17.5 points per game on the Under Armour circuit and 20.5 points per game in the Peach Invitational Tournament on the AAU circuit.

"Jahseem is a big point guard at 6-5," Holloway said. "He can shoot it, handle it and can get to the basket. Overall, he has a great feel for the game."

Erheriene attends an elite Metropolitan Area high school in Long Island Lutheran in Brookville, N.Y., currently ranked as the No. 2 high school basketball team in the country according to MaxPreps. Rated as a four-star by On3, Erheriene is the No. 22 center in the class of 2024 according to 247 Sports and he plays for the NY Jayhawks and Riverside Church on the AAU circuit. Erheriene will look to join fellow countrymen Ike Obiagu and Mike Nzei as Pirates who have gone to NCAA Tournaments and competed for BIG EAST championships in South Orange.

"We haven't had an athletic big like Godswill in a long time," Holloway said. "He can run, he can jump, he can rebound, he can block shots and I think his best basketball is ahead of him."

The Pirates are 3-0 this season and are back in action at Prudential Center on Saturday as they take on Wagner at noon. Tickets can be purchased at www.setonhalltix.com.

Congratulations! Both of them are quality additions. Nice job by Halloway and staff, especially in the current environment!
We obviously have enough NIL to attract quality kids. The best team money can buy isn't always the best - check Yankees & Mets and more.

I think you need enough, a reasonable amount, but an eye for talent, a good conference, relationships, etc., all matter. Hopefully some guardrails are added to level the playing field at some point and to tame down the Wild West. Our own former Coach Willard is calling for NCAA tournament sharing of funds with players and no NIL. I caught a glimpse of his comments but did not read in depth.

Coach Sha showed what he can do at St. Peter's - that was no fluke. He built that team and coached them to a historic finish in NCAA history. I'm HALLin until he proves otherwise.

Reactions: CL82
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT