ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Pirates vs. Butler

That was me and shusa likes to take shots at me but I stand by that

Guy I know coaches for Miami and knows many many of the players we go after and most of them do not like how he comes off nor like his style of play…which has 1000% cost us guys

Also I had a kid who now plays at quinnipiac who was recruited by him at at Peter’s and it was the same story

However, I’ve also posted it’s all pointless if he gets his guys and gets “buy-in”, winning cures ALL of it…which right now he has totally shut all that up and good for him and our players

The recent winning doesn’t negate what you shared and ultimately you’re just passing along what you’ve heard which is appreciated.

With that said, your last paragraph hits the nail on the head.

At times it does seem like the coach does not get through to them or they just don't get it but all that stuff the poster and his ACC source he posted here was word salad.
i think its very clear sha is getting through to them. look at how they play after timeouts. perhaps its short memories.

Guy I know coaches for Miami and knows many many of the players we go after and most of them do not like how he comes off nor like his style of play…which has 1000% cost us guys

Also I had a kid who now plays at quinnipiac who was recruited by him at at Peter’s and it was the same story

However, I’ve also posted it’s all pointless if he gets his guys and gets “buy-in”, winning cures ALL of it…which right now he has totally shut all that up and good for him and our players
oh please. recruiting is about money now. and if its costing us guys that he doesnt want, then im happy. boo hoo for that one soft connecticut kid, i guess he didnt want to go with Sha to the elite 8. maybe youre just surrounding yourself with soft players and coaches. its clear his way works when players buy in and its clear players can indeed buy in. you were hammering sha all day long and now its crow eating time. bon apetit

the guy you wished we kept is sure getting the standing ovation down south.

oh please. recruiting is about money now. and if its costing us guys that he doesnt want, then im happy. boo hoo for that one soft connecticut kid, i guess he didnt want to go with Sha to the elite 8. maybe youre just surrounding yourself with soft players and coaches. its clear his way works when players buy in and its clear players can indeed buy in. you were hammering sha all day long and now its crow eating time. bon apetit

the guy you wished we kept is sure getting the standing ovation down south.
It was during the elite 8..I haven’t bashed Sha all day long..get lost

And they were guys he definitely wanted..you posted all offseason how SHU should essentially just close up shop..how did that turn out? You just pretend to like Sha to base Willard (still) which is kind of weird and you have a constant disdain for the school.

Also, as I said in another post you took a shot at Dawes literal intelligence as a person because you don’t like how he played basketball. You should be banned for that alone

Btw, Sha (like any coach) needs buy-in that’s it, and for him he needs his guys which is probably why he stuck with Dawes as posters specifically YOU personally destroyed him

You’re a tool get lost

It was during the elite 8..I haven’t bashed Sha all day long..get lost

And they were guys he definitely wanted..you posted all offseason how SHU should essentially just close up shop..how did that turn out? You just pretend to like Sha to base Willard (still) which is kind of weird and you have a constant disdain for the school.

Also, as I said in another post you took a shot at Dawes literal intelligence as a person because you don’t like how he played basketball. You should be banned for that alone

Btw, Sha (like any coach) needs buy-in that’s it, and for him he needs his guys which is probably why he stuck with Dawes as posters specifically YOU personally destroyed him

You’re a tool get lost
no i genuinely like sha. how can you not? look what hes doing. im on record for saying if shu were to ever compete hes the one guy that will do it. proven winner with less assets and wont jump ship. the NIL will still prove fatal for most small teams, but every now and then we will get some flashes and its because of sha.

you think fans should be banned for judging players? sorta biting the hand that feeds. the training wheels are off.

you tried to write off sha. sorry its not working out.

no i genuinely like sha. how can you not? look what hes doing. im on record for saying if shu were to ever compete hes the one guy that will do it. proven winner with less assets and wont jump ship. the NIL will still prove fatal for most small teams, but every now and then we will get some flashes and its because of sha.

you think fans should be banned for judging players? sorta biting the hand that feeds. the training wheels are off.

you tried to write off sha. sorry its not working out.
No you don’t stop

And you think it’s ok to judge someone’s actual intelligence when you don’t like them playing a game? Again you’re a tool. You’re not a real supporter of the school, get lost

Bite the hand that’s feeds him? How much have you “feed” him than? What’s the $ amount that allowed you to take a shot at him AS A PERSON because he played a few bad basketball games

Incredibly entertaining as well, I really enjoyed that

One could argue that players that don't like how Sha comes off will never be tough enough to buy in and do the things needed to overachieve and win like we saw today. Just my opinion.

I've always supported every coach that has helmed the University's program, fully acknowledging that their basketball knowledge far surpasses my own. I also believe that each and every Seton Hall coach has/had more basketball knowledge in their little pinky than every poster on this board combined.

However, I do appreciate the different perspectives and sometimes laugh at some who need to insist that the are " smarter " or are always " correct " about a particular coach.

Great win today, it's been very enjoyable and I hope it contiues.

One could argue that players that don't like how Sha comes off will never be tough enough to buy in and do the things needed to overachieve and win like we saw today. Just my opinion.

Reactions: ShoreGold
Yea it’s true but some of them are the most talented kids and he recruits them so he must want them

I was sha critical but not a sha hater all I’ve said is word is some kids automatically say no and negative recruiting is easy

But I’ve also said that the key will be to get his guys in and have them buy in and he’ll be which seems to be working

Lastly…winning changes everything if he keeps winning it won’t matter

PS it’s not just Sha it’s also his style and his constant defense promotion…many many coaches use that against us hardcore..but AGAIN if we wins doesn’t matter and that’s good for us

Reactions: PMB Pirate
A question that has yet to be answered is whether Sha’’s coaching style can attract the type of player that makes us a consistent tourney team .

Yea it’s true but some of them are the most talented kids and he recruits them so he must want them

I was sha critical but not a sha hater all I’ve said is word is some kids automatically say no and negative recruiting is easy

But I’ve also said that the key will be to get his guys in and have them buy in and he’ll be which seems to be working

Lastly…winning changes everything if he keeps winning it won’t matter

PS it’s not just Sha it’s also his style and his constant defense promotion…many many coaches use that against us hardcore..but AGAIN if we wins doesn’t matter and that’s good for us
Let’s not pretend that the top kids don’t want their money first. Sha has said that before any conversation about basketball takes place the kids ask how much NIL $$$ are you going to pay me.

We know Sha. How well do you think that conversation gets off to a start when Sha demands that you grind and work hard?

Yes NIL is a part of the game now. I am not a fan or supporter of it. But it still needs to be earned. Think about a frosh who has accomplished nothing at the college level demanding to be paid as the initial start of the conversation of the recruiting process.

Then tell me how hard it is for the coach to run their program when the player thinks they are above it all because if it doesn’t work out they can leave and chase the bag at the next school.

A question that has yet to be answered is whether Sha’’s coaching style can attract the type of player that makes us a consistent tourney team .
Sha can attract the players he wants. They don’t have to be 5 star guys.

Can the SHU NIL budget retain those players once he has found them or does he need to start all over again each and every season?

Eventually, you won’t have a Kadary and you will roll the dice on mid tier guys and they won’t be able to play at the BE level. A year like that could look really UGLY.

I believe after the Rutgers loss, many believed that is what they were watching.

The level of credit that needs to be given to the players and more importantly SHA is off the charts high.

Sha can attract the players he wants. They don’t have to be 5 star guys.

Can the SHU NIL budget retain those players once he has found them or does he need to start all over again each and every season?
If Sha can keep this going it will help the NIL budget and McBride immeasurably.
Eventually, you won’t have a Kadary and you will roll the dice on mid tier guys and they won’t be able to play at the BE level. A year like that could look really UGLY.
Maybe not next year, but hopefully that guy Felton can come close to this version of Kadary.
I believe after the Rutgers loss, many believed that is what they were watching.

The level of credit that needs to be given to the players and more importantly SHA is off the charts high.
Something to be said also for an all senior team (much like Butler). Maybe not the most talented in the BE, but physically mature and experienced counts for something.

We still need to be patient with Sha, but he’s proven to belong.

Reactions: TomD82
Let’s not pretend that the top kids don’t want their money first. Sha has said that before any conversation about basketball takes place the kids ask how much NIL $$$ are you going to pay me.

We know Sha. How well do you think that conversation gets off to a start when Sha demands that you grind and work hard?

Yes NIL is a part of the game now. I am not a fan or supporter of it. But it still needs to be earned. Think about a frosh who has accomplished nothing at the college level demanding to be paid as the initial start of the conversation of the recruiting process.

Then tell me how hard it is for the coach to run their program when the player thinks they are above it all because if it doesn’t work out they can leave and chase the bag at the next school.
Has nothing to do with “rise and grind” you don’t think players think they have to “rise and grind” with Pitino? Or Wright (in the past) it’s about personality and other teams drill them over the head about how he’s nothing be D D D D

Again right now who cares..if he identifies guys he wants and they buy in and win none of this matters

Has nothing to do with “rise and grind” you don’t think players think they have to “rise and grind” with Pitino? Or Wright (in the past) it’s about personality and other teams drill them over the head about how he’s nothing be D D D D

Again right now who cares..if he identifies guys he wants and they buy in and win none of this matters
I love Sha. Wouldn’t want anyone else.

But you just compared players choosing to work hard for two Hall of Fame coaches as the bench mark.

I am not going to waste my time. But I could give you a list a mile long of highly ranked recruits who are now on their 3rd or 4th program in the same number of years. Today’s college kid is reinforced by the current system that if you don’t like what you are experiencing or face some adversity, why not just leave and go somewhere else.

If Sha can keep this going it will help the NIL budget and McBride immeasurably.

Maybe not next year, but hopefully that guy Felton can come close to this version of Kadary.

Something to be said also for an all senior team (much like Butler). Maybe not the most talented in the BE, but physically mature and experienced counts for something.

We still need to be patient with Sha, but he’s proven to belong.
Agree. The starting five is practically 4 seniors and a graduate student. Those players can probably tune a coach out easier than younger players. Still williaza01 posts were here say which lots of mine are and as I posted his posts are junk about Sha's hiring process and his status. Then he qualified the posts with winning cures everything. I am not taking shots at him just saying I don't think what he is saying is accurate or true.

I love Sha. Wouldn’t want anyone else.

But you just compared players choosing to work hard for two Hall of Fame coaches as the bench mark.

I am not going to waste my time. But I could give you a list a mile long of highly ranked recruits who are now on their 3rd or 4th program in the same number of years. Today’s college kid is reinforced by the current system that if you don’t like what you are experiencing or face some adversity, why not just leave and go somewhere else.
Do you talk to kids? Not a single one of them goes to a school thinking about the next one

Also many of these coaches “sell” hard and than maybe it isn’t what it is when you get there

MAYBE that’s a positive for Sha and us, at least everyone knows what they are getting

I’m just telling you what I had an athlete tell me and his family and what a Miami coach who knows MANY kids in our area passed along to me

And again…if he wins it doesn’t matter they will come so this discussion is most likely useless at this point

Do you talk to kids? Not a single one of them goes to a school thinking about the next one

Also many of these coaches “sell” hard and than maybe it isn’t what it is when you get there

MAYBE that’s a positive for Sha and us, at least everyone knows what they are getting

I’m just telling you what I had an athlete tell me and his family and what a Miami coach who knows MANY kids in our area passed along to me

And again…if he wins it doesn’t matter they will come so this discussion is most likely useless at this point
I don't disagree with what you posted and I agree that you really have not been criticizing Sha. All coaches are saying what was passed onto you when they are in recruiting battles for kids and before NIL it was probably all about the stuff you have posted. That's it for me on this thread.

You are talking about 1 recruits experience or perceived experience.
People hear what they want to hear.

All kids are not going to buy into Sha's philosophies and we all get that. AND..... Sha is not going to buy into all kids just because of the sheer physical talent they possess. I'm glad he's selective and knows the type of kids he wants in his program. He wants kids who are tough minded, understand the value of hard work and are team players. Reminds me of the USMC recruiting mantra...... The Few.... The Proud. NIL complicates it for us..... but there it is.

I don't disagree with what you posted and I agree that you really have not been criticizing Sha. All coaches are saying what was passed onto you when they are in recruiting battles for kids and before NIL it was probably all about the stuff you have posted. That's it for me on this thread.
This isn’t worth going on and on because I think we mostly agree. But very few of the kids I’ve been told about there was anything even close to a “recruiting battle” it was more or less a friend in the industry telling another friend what kids say about his Alma mater/coach

Im sure NIL plays a part, 100% however EVERYONE complains about NIL…Miami has complained about NIL, Bama is now complaining about NIL

I work with 3 Georgetown alumns..all have told me Cooley can’t compete with NIL at Georgetown…right now I think its just what you say

***side note*** with KR being allowed to “get his” and perform/dominate/score will definitely help ERASE this stuff too..kids notice that and THEY want to dominate the ball and score 20+ a game…it helps and this stuff is all fluid…and I’m super happy it seems the tide has turned for coach and team

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT