ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Pirates vs. Nova

Just checking in on this to see how Villanova is closing it out...
Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live
Thought you gave up watching college hoops. Classic “told ya so” from you after one lousy game. You’re so smart.

This is the biggest issue right now. We’re getting guys like Odukale, Addae-Wusu, Dawes. Average players.

I think it’s more budget than his recruiting style.

I agree with you and 09 on the first point. I disagree in that it is his recruiting style along with the budget. Sha wants guys with tough guy body language like KC, Femi and Wusu. That's great, but you need to be more of a complete basketball player. Not sure about the new guys yet, but questionable at this time. I do think he did a good job of getting Bediako in here. solid transfer in. Coleman seems like a "basketball" player too.

I hope the team remembers this in early March when they come to the ROC!! They better get some revenge!!
They played poorly against Georgetown but I figured that was rust!! Now I hope they come back Wednesday and take it out on Xavier!!

Shaheen can whine about defense all he wants (and it isn't that great, admittedly), but until he can bring in people who can make shots and prove he can coach a competent offense, we will always be playing this garbage style of basketball.
I guess you’re not wrong but he has 5+ years of head coaching now and his teams are near or at the bottom of offense every year

So it’s not new and it won’t change..just have to trust his way ultimately wins out..I wouldn’t expect any kind of change

Reactions: shu09
I guess you’re not wrong but he has 5+ years of head coaching now and his teams are near or at the bottom of offense every year

So it’s not new and it won’t change..just have to trust his way ultimately wins out..I wouldn’t expect any kind of change

I do agree, the sample size is growing. He isn't a good offensive coach.

No, this is Seton Hall basketball. Low IQ and erratic. They greatly overperformed for a month from the UConn game to the St. John's game. It was fun while it lasted. I expect a revert to the mean down the stretch. It already started with a lackluster win against a bad Georgetown team.
This aged well!

😂

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT