ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Pirates vs. Nova

we beat DePaul by 32 on the road, if we were so f'd up we would never have done that

I may drive to Philly and beg him to put Coleman in the game. Has to be an option.
All kidding aside, the team out there is too stagnant. So, he should really consider putting Coleman in. Is he in a second half doghouse?? They all stink today. So why not try to change the energy and maybe get something going for Wednesday??

We’re looking more and more like a team that had 1 great stretch

And validating the predictive metrics, which so many here love to hate. They exist precisely for this reason - to help in forecasting outcomes and provide insight, not to rank teams.

Reactions: Piratz
Uses a timeout down 20😂. Will the beat writers actually do their jobs and ask why he lets these massive runs go uninterrupted? Or are they that afraid of getting a little attitude?

• Haha
Reactions: shu09
hausen needs some detroit pistons play vs him if you know what i mean hell stop shooting real quick thats why they won... this game sucks

Shaheen can whine about defense all he wants (and it isn't that great, admittedly), but until he can bring in people who can make shots and prove he can coach a competent offense, we will always be playing this garbage style of basketball.

Way to many unforced turnover. Everybody kills us with 3s. And as always no consistent scorer . Very bad half in all facets of the game. If we do not cut it to under 10 in the 1st 5 mins we are DONE.
Once Kadary went down, like we’ve forgotten how to play
OI almost never turn a Pirate game off but I'm right there now. Pathetic.
yeah this is done

novas whole plan today was to make us take outside looks. Sha made 0 adjustments. Embarrassing coaching performance as well

Reactions: SHUJim73
Tough to watch. Figures that a Nova guy had a career high against us... will stick game out to bitter end.

Shaheen can whine about defense all he wants (and it isn't that great, admittedly), but until he can bring in people who can make shots and prove he can coach a competent offense, we will always be playing this garbage style of basketball.
This is the biggest issue right now. We’re getting guys like Odukale, Addae-Wusu, Dawes. Average players.

I think it’s more budget than his recruiting style.

Reactions: SHUSA
This is the biggest issue right now. We’re getting guys like Odukale, Addae-Wusu, Dawes. Average players.

I think it’s more budget than his recruiting style.

Yeah, it's a little of both I think. There are obvious constraints in this new environment, but a big part of it is philosophy too. He comes from that urban, streetball mindset where you play physical, individuals make plays, and tough everything out. It can work in the Big East with the right chemistry, but to win consistently at this level you need to run good offense, share the ball, and have shooters. What I would give to have a coach like McDermott at SHU....

Reactions: Piratz
Keep pushing your narrative. I’ll make sure to let you know when you’re wrong. Hopefully as early as today if we come back and win. Villanova doesn’t exactly have the best track record with closing out games under Neptune.

Just checking in on this to see how Villanova is closing it out...
Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

Not that it would’ve changed the outcome, but notice how Neptune immediately called timeout as soon as we showed the slightest signs of life cutting it down to 11 early in the half. That’s how you manage a game.

Sha getting outclassed by a guy who will be out of a job in 6 weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT