ADVERTISEMENT

Harris has left the building

What’s the current roster count? 7 with 2 returning?

What’s the current roster count? 7 with 2 returning?
yep. LOTS of work to do to field a team that could sniff a tournament bid.
  • Aligbe
  • Tubek - returning
  • Coleman - returning
  • Middleton
  • Felton
  • Erheriene
  • Yalden

No player worked harder to get on the court. A little surprise because a month ago I was told he was gone and then in recent weeks that he might come back.
Kid hasn’t played basketball in 4 years. Sha will recruit over him(I hope). Now that he’s finally health for the first time since soph year of high school he probably will end up at FDU or Wagner and finally get to enjoy some time on the court and work his way back up to the big leagues

Holloway did Jaquan a solid by keeping him on the roster on scholarship for two years knowing he would not contribute. Few coaches would have done that.

Holloway has a tough exterior, but he really cares about his players.

wow i forgot about that kid. that was supposed to be the big news when we got him

Holloway did Jaquan a solid by keeping him on the roster on scholarship for two years knowing he would not contribute. Few coaches would have done that.

Holloway has a tough exterior, but he really cares about his players.
now Dan, that is what pisses me off, he basically KEPT him on our team to be a good coach/man and now he wants to leave us after all we did for him rather than cutting him loose?

now Dan, that is what pisses me off, he basically KEPT him on our team to be a good coach/man and now he wants to leave us after all we did for him rather than cutting him loose?
You don't think this is the result of discussion/advice from Sha? I have to believe that's what took place.

Reactions: Flnj86
Even with our current depleted roster, I could not see Harris getting anything more than deep end of bench minutes. Probably best he moved on at this point. And I am sure Sha will be bringing in some more guards in next few weeks.

Reactions: Flnj86
we basically gave Harris a full ride without playing, so why would he leave us now after what we did for him, rotten coaches would have given him the boot

Why is this a matter of loyalty? Who knows what the real story is, but if he was going to sit on the bench as the fourth or fifth option, maybe it is best for him to transfer to a team where he can play every night. And in today’s world, if he proves that he can play at a high-level, what prevents him from transferring back to SHU?

we basically gave Harris a full ride without playing, so why would he leave us now after what we did for him, rotten coaches would have given him the boot
No offense to the player, but he hasn’t played in 2 years, and is a shell of what he was, and you think this is a @#$% to the staff?

This was in the best interest of both parties. Best of luck Jaquan!

Would think we remain in a good spot for the youngest Harris brother - Jebron, if he blooms into a high major player this year or next.

While I think posters have been fooling themselves on other transfers to insinuate that Coach Sha was in any way supportive of it, this feels like it would be one of those to go find minutes to work towards rekindling his basketball career if he can. I wish him luck as his rash of injuries is a tough hand to be dealt at a young age.

No offense to the player, but he hasn’t played in 2 years, and is a shell of what he was, and you think this is an FU to the staff?
I do because I feel like hes been hurt and we kept our promise 2 him, and he could have gotten his degree so yes I think he could have stuck it out with us as we kept him injured

No offense to the player, but he hasn’t played in 2 years, and is a shell of what he was, and you think this is an FU to the staff?
never know,,, but to put one through class for a few years and fund rehab , this one blows me away if there is nothing in return. worked hard great, good kid... great....BUT?

If sha told him to look around so be it. If he decided and thinks he is ready, i have no interest. Play somewhere else. I tend to think its the former.

yep. LOTS of work to do to field a team that could sniff a tournament bid.
  • Aligbe
  • Tubek - returning
  • Coleman - returning
  • Middleton
  • Felton
  • Erheriene
  • Yalden
7 promising,if unproven,rotation players.We could use some experienced leadership including a point guard.

Reactions: chickenbox
I do because I feel like hes been hurt and we kept our promise 2 him, and he could have gotten his degree so yes I think he could have stuck it out with us as we kept him injured
Why? We just want him to keep a roster spot without him being able to play anywhere near that level. We did him a solid, it’s time for him to go to the level he’s at now…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT