ADVERTISEMENT

Iron's SHU/SJU game thread.......

were not gonna win just get it outta your heads, hope Sunday they show us love

what saddens me is we swept them during the season and they will get in over us now

why call timeout for just let the clock run out , my wife goes "is our season over"

Pitino played this perfectly today...shu had fools gold with first half 3s

SHU has no bench and can't play D, jaden has been brutal on hedges all game and has not put his body on joel, ehe was the better option

Pitino played this perfectly today...shu had fools gold with first half 3s

SHU has no bench and can't play D, jaden has been brutal on hedges all game and has not put his body on joel, ehe was the better option
We stopped shooting them. We should have kept shooting them because they were all going down

Leaving it up to committee on Sunday it appears. My guess is we get in but Dayton is most likely now. Tough loss. Bad performance.

As if losing wasn't bad enough. Having to listen to Tim Brando get stuff wrong for two hours has been dreadful.

This team is just too schizophrenic. Dayton is the best to get especially with the net rankings. We were never getting close to a 7 seed.

I hate Pitino, but he is a real coach. Sha still has a lot to learn.
Sha did awesome this year. There is no point in comparing him and Pitino for a million reasons, and honestly it should not be a surprise that Pitino had his team ready. The guy is one of the all-time coaches. Of all the crazy things I read on our boards this year, the one I never fully understood was the narrative that Pitino isn't a good coach anymore.

Reactions: shu09
Yeah, sure, 13 points, 9 assists, 5 rebounds and 3 steals.
He filled the box score, but I think those stats are misleading. He wasn't anywhere close to the best player on the floor today, and he was supposed to be. Even by normal expectations, not some of the insane comparisons that get made.

we must they are in our "bubble" status
SJU losing to the best team in the country won't have any impact on whether they get in or not IMO. Even if they get blown out, because Uconn has been blowing out everyone. To me, it is only upside for them with this game. If the bubble breaks a certain way and they don't get in, I don't think it will be because they lost to Uconn.

gives em another L on their record though if they go 1 on 1 vs The Hall for a spot

gives em another L on their record though if they go 1 on 1 vs The Hall for a spot
Maybe you are right. With their metrics, I don't see it. Honestly I think both us and SJU are in right now, even if some of this crazy bubble stuff keeps happening.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT