ADVERTISEMENT

Ish Suspended...

Disappointing. Not surprised. Seems to happen every year. Part of college basketball now a days. Mamu should get some decent minutes at the 4 tomorrow.

Reactions: Seton00
When I was a student I knew a player who smoked before every game. Just his pregame ritual. It's not uncommon for players, and college kids in general, to smoke.

Guys you really think our staff are going to keep our starting PF out for a game on the Big East schedule? Come on now...it's Manhattan. He's playing the first Big East game.

I actually hope Willard does. The whole team needs to wake up. This season isn't about the Creighton game. This season isn't about the Creighton and St. John's games. This season is about what we do in March. Every game matters. Every game requires 100% focus. If anyobody thinks for a second coach will only suspend me for the Manhattan, Depaul, or Gtown games they are not as focused on the task at hand as they should be. If people say oh crap Ish got suspended for Creighton too, coach isn't messing around, we will be a lot better off as the season goes on. I'm not speculating what the violation was, but this situation is not about today, it's about making a statement and preventing something else happening in the future.

Reactions: SHUMA04 and Piratz
Ish obviously made bad decisions but when is the coaching staff going to start to be able to have responsible athletes? Things like this have happened in the past, do these coaches really lack discipline that much? Part of being a coach at a big time program is holding your players accountable for the way they act.
Isn't that what they are doing?

I don't see the point of all this speculation regarding when he was suspended. Whatever happened occurred now and he's suspended. What's the point of insisting that if it occurred next week he would not be suspended? Who cares? And if my uncle was a woman he'd be my aunt. Great.

When I was a student I knew a player who smoked before every game. Just his pregame ritual. It's not uncommon for players, and college kids in general, to smoke.

And Dock Ellis pitched a game on LSD. That was dumb, too. Aren't players tested from time to time?

I'd say 20% of the NBA plays stoned regularly and about 80% smoke. I wonder how the SHU/NCAA will address this when it becomes legal in NJ for recreation.

Reactions: Pirate222
I actually hope Willard does. The whole team needs to wake up. This season isn't about the Creighton game. This season isn't about the Creighton and St. John's games. This season is about what we do in March. Every game matters. Every game requires 100% focus. If anyobody thinks for a second coach will only suspend me for the Manhattan, Depaul, or Gtown games they are not as focused on the task at hand as they should be. If people say oh crap Ish got suspended for Creighton too, coach isn't messing around, we will be a lot better off as the season goes on. I'm not speculating what the violation was, but this situation is not about today, it's about making a statement and preventing something else happening in the future.
If it warrants a one game suspension, let it be a one game suspension. If it warrants a two game suspension let it be a two game suspension. No need for extra punishment just to set an example. That could backfire dramatically. Especially Ish who has given this team every bead of sweat he has. How many games has been out there injured when he probably shouldn’t have been playing trying to help win games.

If it warrants a one game suspension, let it be a one game suspension. If it warrants a two game suspension let it be a two game suspension. No need for extra punishment just to set an example. That could backfire dramatically. Especially Ish who has given this team every bead of sweat he has. How many games has been out there injured when he probably shouldn’t have been playing trying to help win games.
Im sorry a one game suspension vs Manhattan is as valuable as suspending me from driving the Bentley I don’t have.

Reactions: HALL85
Lol @ the negative impacts of marijuana... j
I don't think these young men understand the seriously negative health impact of marijuana.

Too many people looking for profit put out false information and/or outright lie about the issue.

https://www.cdc.gov/marijuana/index.htm

https://www.drugabuse.gov/drugs-abuse/marijuana

https://nccih.nih.gov/health/marijuana
lmaoooo I don’t smoke but the loud is probably last in line for negative health impact from anything you consume. You should be more worried about soda or corn starch lolol

I assume that suspensions, like losses, are fantastic learning opportunities that will only make us stronger. Fingers crossed that Ish is only the first of many more to come!

That’s the official party line comrade.

Few beers- so what. Drinking was 18 for many years before Feds threaten to take away funds from states.

To everyone speculating that he just smoked some ganja....

That is pure speculation. Could’ve been a few brewskis. We don’t know, and we probably never will.

I assume that suspensions, like losses, are fantastic learning opportunities that will only make us stronger. Fingers crossed that Ish is only the first of many more to come!

I realize your stock-in-trade here is snark, but you're getting a lot of mileage out of scoffing at a truism that most of us who participated in sports, jobs, relationships or life can attest to.

I don't think these young men understand the seriously negative health impact of marijuana.

Too many people looking for profit put out false information and/or outright lie about the issue.

https://www.cdc.gov/marijuana/index.htm

https://www.drugabuse.gov/drugs-abuse/marijuana

https://nccih.nih.gov/health/marijuana
Since Colorado legalized, fatal accidents increased by more than 40 percent. Kids who are prone to test the waters can easily abuse and it’s a cycle. Let’s face it - alcohol abuse is high - and pot on top of it is another crutch/addiction. I’m no Pollyanna, but see the reality. Morristown Memorial - as I’m sure many hospitals - are filled with upper middle class kids abusing drugs that really affect them. Marijuana is one of them.

I'd say 20% of the NBA plays stoned regularly and about 80% smoke. I wonder how the SHU/NCAA will address this when it becomes legal in NJ
Sounds like weed which isn't a bug deal and should be legal but it's not and is a University violation.
Weed today is so much more potent and dangerous. I never smoked nor was a fan, but kids today are exposed to much worse. THC in it and worse - stays in the system much longer than booze. Sad state of affairs.

Guys you really think our staff are going to keep our starting PF out for a game on the Big East schedule? Come on now...it's Manhattan. He's playing the first Big East game.
Are you kidding? South Carolina suspended its best player Thornton for weeks and many games for weed violations. We beat them without Thornton and probably would not have with him.

This is Ish’s second suspension this year. The “glue” guy on the team better start thinking about more than just himself. His actions have an impact on 11 more guys.... Common man!!!!!

I’m not saying it doesn’t happen. I recall a kid from SJU was suspended from a tourney game a few years back for weed. I’m saying that I don’t see this staff, this year, doing that.

Yes - Thornwell.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT