ADVERTISEMENT

Jerry C — Introduction No Later Than Wed

i think sha would get it done regardless of any rebuild scenerio. also, 5 seniors are graduating. one of them Harris leaving specifically because of willard. imagine if his brother goes with him.

Sha will have no problem bringing in money. fans not only like him, they love him. and he loves them. willard hated fans. maybe well be surprised to see the buzz generated when its not a wet rag leading the helm.

of course, if i cant contribute more than $1000 its essentially useless, or so im told
The dad already said the younger Harris is a Pirate. Why not? He has a bum knee - not sure if he had surgery- but recovering nonetheless.

i think sha would get it done regardless of any rebuild scenerio. also, 5 seniors are graduating. one of them Harris leaving specifically because of willard. imagine if his brother goes with him.

Sha will have no problem bringing in money. fans not only like him, they love him. and he loves them. willard hated fans. maybe well be surprised to see the buzz generated when its not a wet rag leading the helm.

of course, if i cant contribute more than $1000 its essentially useless, or so im told
LOL only 2 of those 5 seniors can’t come back. if your donations met your level of negativity you would far surpass $1,000. You’d be a top 5 donor easily.

Last edited:
As far a talent goes, Willard was left with a lot more talent than Sha will be left with. I know Willard had to rebuild the reputation of the Hall but he did a really bad job coaching in his first season here. The Hall the previous year was 9-9 in the Big East and 90% of the players returned including: Hazell, Pope, Theodore, Robinson etc...
He tried to make them play his system rather than adapt to the talent that he had.
Sha will be a better coach his first year than Willard was his.

As far a talent goes, Willard was left with a lot more talent than Sha will be left with. I know Willard had to rebuild the reputation of the Hall but he did a really bad job coaching in his first season here. The Hall the previous year was 9-9 in the Big East and 90% of the players returned including: Hazell, Pope, Theodore, Robinson etc...
He tried to make them play his system rather than adapt to the talent that he had.
Sha will be a better coach his first year than Willard was his.
Pope practically died in the offseason. That was Theodore's first year running the point. Harvey got the overwhelming majority of the minutes in Theodore's first 2 years. Heck we brought in Polynice for someone with experience. Hazell got shot at Christmas time. He missed about 8 or 9 games. We had 2 guys get thrown off the team. Sign me up for the group Sha inherits all day, every day. Slightly less talented but a lot easier group to deal with by a country mile.

Last edited:
LOL only 2 of those 5 seniors can’t come back. if your donations met your level of negativity you would far surpass $1,000. You’d be a top 5 donor easily.
which ones can come back? are you penning them in?

which ones can come back? are you penning them in?
Rhoden, Ike, Harris and Yetna could all come back. I'm not penning any of them in. I'm sure there's a sales pitch that can bring all of them back. It may surround NIL's and them making good money, but they're all eligible to come back. If they're out it's probably because they have a better offer than staying. But if Seton Hall comes up with the best offer I'm sure they'll at least listen.

While any of the four players who are eligible to come back do it would be a bonus but at the same time I’d like to see Sha bring in some highly rated freshman as he capitalizes on all the positive press he’s getting to sign that caliber of freshman.

While any of the four players who are eligible to come back do it would be a bonus but at the same time I’d like to see Sha bring in some highly rated freshman as he capitalizes on all the positive press he’s getting to sign that caliber of freshman.
Absolutely but how many highly rated seniors in HS are uncommitted at this point?

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Absolutely but how many highly rated seniors in HS are uncommitted at this point?
Your pool of talent would be the high school player who has decided to wait to sign until the April signing period. While a number of players in that pool may have given a verbal we all know that kids have changed their mind despite their verbal commitment and sign elsewhere.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam

We have four seniors, not five.

Also, good to see you still haven't figured out that donation joke.

Reactions: HALL85
We have four seniors, not five.

Also, good to see you still haven't figured out that donation joke.
good to see that you havent figured out that i have.

we actually have 6. they could all be gone.

Cale
Aiken
Ike
Yetna
Rhoden
Harris

Cale
Aiken
Ike
Yetna
Rhoden
Harris
Can't put anything past you. Lol.

You're right it's six. Except only four can come back. Which seemed to be what the whole premise was.

Cale
Aiken
Ike
Yetna
Rhoden
Harris
Hopefully Sha can recruit these guys to stay the same way Orr got Barrett to stay.

Hopefully Sha can recruit these guys to stay the same way Orr got Barrett to stay.
anythings possible but i cant imagine any player with one year left wants to be a part of the first year building for a new coach. of course, that coach did just make the elite 8.

anythings possible but i cant imagine any player with one year left wants to be a part of the first year building for a new coach. of course, that coach did just make the elite 8.
Shocking. I thought you'd have the opposite perspective. I figured you would say you can't see how any of these players wouldn't want to play for Sha.

Shocking. I thought you'd have the opposite perspective. I figured you would say you can't see how any of these players wouldn't want to play for Sha.
why is that shocking, you must have selectively missed all my posts about sha. not shocking at all.

regardless of sha, i think the way the season ended on such a sour note and the coach out the door sort of gives the natural step for everyone to move on. im not sure yetna, harris, ike have that kind of affinity for shu, and i think rhoden is looking at making money overseas. dont see what else is left here for him.

why is that shocking, you must have selectively missed all my posts about sha. not shocking at all.

regardless of sha, i think the way the season ended on such a sour note and the coach out the door sort of gives the natural step for everyone to move on. im not sure yetna, harris, ike have that kind of affinity for shu, and i think rhoden is looking at making money overseas. dont see what else is left here for him.
All of your posts suggest guys will be lining up to play for Sha. I figured you would expect the same from these guys.

All of your posts suggest guys will be lining up to play for Sha. I figured you would expect the same from these guys.
only post i said on recruiting is i think he has the chance to land a high profile recruit we typically miss out on.

this scenario is different. all of these guys are grad seniors. 2 cant return, 2 likely wont even return to college, and one was already planning on transferring. its different when you have 4 years vs your last one. and also different with the current bad vibes from the previous coach.

Hopefully he is on phone with maybe, Kevin Boyle & Malik, who is listed by The Athletic as #2 within Ranking the best available men’s college basketball transfers and high school recruits for 2022-23 !

2. Malik Reneau | 6-8 forward | HS senior | Montverde (Fla.) Academy

Reneau has potential to be an absolutely elite collegiate big forward, and he was a coup for Florida prior to his decommitment following the departure of Mike White. Reneau looks like a terrific multi-year starter, one who should get legitimate minutes from Day One in his collegiate career. Why? Because he’s just so solid across a lot of different facets of the game. We see him as one of the more complete products entering college hoops as a freshman this year. He’s not the best athlete in the world, but his footwork is terrific, and allows him to really play well out of the mid-post as a lefty driver to finish. He has good touch and a lot of little crafty moves in his bag, especially when getting back to his little lefty mini-hook. He sees the court and passes well. He’s unselfish. He’s not some crazy athlete, but he’s conscientious defensively and knows where he needs to be. The name of the game here is basketball IQ with Reneau. He just seems to get how to play, and he’s going to be a part of winning teams. To me, Reneau is one of the more valuable types of players in the recruiting world: guys who likely don’t qualify as one-and-dones, but are very talented and polished in their games and can be contributors early. In the modern transfer world, teams have to decide between recruits and transfers now. Do we take the longer project to develop, or the sure thing? Reneau is one of the few players that can be comfortably projected as both that can reasonably be expected to stick around for multiple seasons.

Twitter is hilarous with people all ansy ... Pope/Vatican/Smoke tweets / Soprano tweets / etc

This is like a jury - the longer it takes the more questions arise as to whether or not it is getting done.

The level of stupidity in his logic is astounding... don't bother.

the logic is sound. you just have a strange beef. its ok, positive vibes ahead with shaheen!
Sound logic?

Who ever said any donation under $1,000 is essentially useless? When I was laid off, I dropped my donation and then brought it back to $50/month for some time. I still received a thank you call from the school and have been engaged, though I'm still not giving at the levels I did before.

Your hatred of Willard and, in my belief, most things SHU due to your poor college experience (your past words, not mine) permeates every post. So, in my opinion, your logic sucks.

Sound logic?

Who ever said any donation under $1,000 is essentially useless? When I was laid off, I dropped my donation and then brought it back to $50/month for some time. I still received a thank you call from the school and have been engaged, though I'm still not giving at the levels I did before.

Your hatred of Willard and, in my belief, most things SHU due to your poor college experience (your past words, not mine) permeates every post. So, in my opinion, your logic sucks.
i guess you missed the joke/refrence. Hall85 made a joke that the school is better off without my donation because anything under $1000 doesnt even move the needle part joking, but part serious.

imo the school needs everything it can get. donations are really bad from my generation, due to poor experiences as you mention. excited

anyway. love sha! go sha!

Reactions: sami
i guess you missed the joke/refrence. Hall85 made a joke that the school is better off without my donation because anything under $1000 doesnt even move the needle part joking, but part serious.

imo the school needs everything it can get. donations are really bad from my generation, due to poor experiences as you mention. excited

anyway. love sha! go sha!
You missed the joke…not surprised.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT