ADVERTISEMENT

Jerry on the game

Key words "Pirates don't have a margin for error when it comes to effort".Very true.

One of the strangest seasons ever. Thin roster without options that sometimes just doesn’t bring it defensively despite being older. Another blowout. And on a big stage. Bitterly disappointing. Like just avoid a blowout. 🤦‍♂️

The lack of competitiveness defensively in the games against Connecticut and St. John’s sandwiched by Villanova is hard to understand.

One of the strangest seasons ever. Thin roster without options that sometimes just doesn’t bring it defensively despite being older. Another blowout. And on a big stage. Bitterly disappointing. Like just avoid a blowout. 🤦‍♂️

The lack of competitiveness defensively in the games against Connecticut and St. John’s sandwiched by Villanova is hard to understand.
dayton is our best case scenario at this point. cant have that kind of effort. the IQ of this team has them lose the more they try. i mean watching dawes (who had a decent game for a while) try to do what he thought was good for the team was comical. multiple turnovers simply losing the ball in the other teams hands as they packed on the lead, which they needed to do. and it wasnt jsut him. the iq of this team has an insanely low floor, but our coach gives it a decent ceiling.

Reactions: Piratz
dayton is our best case scenario at this point. cant have that kind of effort. the IQ of this team has them lose the more they try. i mean watching dawes (who had a decent game for a while) try to do what he thought was good for the team was comical. multiple turnovers simply losing the ball in the other teams hands as they packed on the lead, which they needed to do. and it wasnt jsut him. the iq of this team has an insanely low floor, but our coach gives it a decent ceiling.
It was a disaster. We could not stabilize the game at any point thanks to the horrid defense. We played into SJU’s game plan but nailed open 3’s to be in it during the first half. We started 7/13. Fool’s Gold. Then went 1/9. Predictable. Bediako had 1 rebound. Richmond/Davis were 6/20.

Funny, Richmond was 1 rebound and 1 assist from a triple double. 👀

Then you get the classic SHU sloppy turnovers that lead to run outs.

It was a disaster. We could not stabilize the game at any point thanks to the horrid defense. We played into SJU’s game plan but nailed open 3’s to be in it during the first half. We started 7/13. Fool’s Gold. Then went 1/9. Predictable. Bediako had 1 rebound. Richmond/Davis were 6/20.

Funny, Richmond was 1 rebound and 1 assist from a triple double. 👀

Then you get the classic SHU sloppy turnovers that lead to run outs.
I hate to beat on Richmond and many here will jump to his defense, but the team goes as he goes.

So while I see he had 9 assists, I wonder how many were kickouts. It doesn’t lessen the assist per se, but it absolutely defines our lack of interior presence yesterday.

We just all stopped giving the extra pass and moving without the ball yesterday (again). Confounding in such a pivotal game.

Richmond had stats, but in no way did it feel he was ever THE presence he needs to be. The leader on the floor

Reactions: LeftCoastPirates
Bediako performance was not good yesterday. Similar to Nova on the road. You saw the difference when he performs at a high level when we beat Nova at home. Dawes and Wusu played well particularly in the first half. Our other 3 starters let us down this game. EHE also gave a nice contribution in the 2nd half.

Al is gonna be al but 5 turnovers. When he tries too hard off the dribble it can be disastrous. However he was on from 3. He does try and works really hard

Reactions: U-Hall
Dawes gave us everything he had for 39 minutes. I thought Wusu had a solid game and scored enough points to be in the game if our other guys played to expectations but they didn’t. And SJ went 9/10 deep and outscored our bench 37-7. If all five guys aren’t playing well we have no reinforcements especially on the wing and back court. That plus SJ ‘s D.

Dawes gave us everything he had for 39 minutes. I thought Wusu had a solid game and scored enough points to be in the game if our other guys played to expectations but they didn’t. And SJ went 9/10 deep and outscored our bench 37-7. If all five guys aren’t playing well we have no reinforcements especially on the wing and back court. That plus SJ ‘s D.
Agree with everything you said here. And on Bediako honestly I give him a total pass for games like this. He has wildly exceeded expectations and had to battle solo all year with BE front lines and good C on other teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT