ADVERTISEMENT

Juiston

This is a kid I saw a few times his senior year in the state playoffs. Loved his game and wanted him then.

When I saw he was a grad xfer I immediately wanted him again.

Would love for it to somehow work out where we get him and MP back.

Reactions: Joe_T and Halldan1
I don't know much about his game besides he shoots 31% from 3 and 57% from the charity stripe. Hope he's one hell of a defender.

I don't know much about his game besides he shoots 31% from 3 and 57% from the charity stripe. Hope he's one hell of a defender.
I think he was ranked top 3 grad transfer. He’s a great defender and rebounder and would be our best offensive front court player as well.

If he wants to come a ship needs to become available. He puts us over the top imo, which means big east champ and elite 8+.

Reactions: deheremike
I'm sure he would be a great addition, but my concern is where are we going to find the minutes for all of these guys. Minutes for Tyrese, Cale, Rhoden, Juiston, Brodie, Shavar, TT is going to be tough. Someone is going to be unhappy.

I hope we don’t but we may have one ship open on May 29th. Reynolds, TT, Gill, and Brodie all seem to be staying here on scholarship.

I think we would be too front court heavy if he only played the 4...could he play the 3 or 2 spots? If so it’s good that he isn’t making his decision till June.

If Brodie is unhappy that he comes here, I am willing to take that chance..........

You guys that question this for a second wouldn't be happy if we had Jerry Lucas available to come play for us as a transfer. You just like the status quo and what you are told above all else.

Shakur makes us a legit Final Four team.

If him coming means MP is gone, he at least keeps Willard's tournament streak alive......without him we are looking at the CIT.

Yes, MP is that important.

I'm sure he would be a great addition, but my concern is where are we going to find the minutes for all of these guys. Minutes for Tyrese, Cale, Rhoden, Juiston, Brodie, Shavar, TT is going to be tough. Someone is going to be unhappy.

Not everyone gets to see minutes and that’s true on the majority of teams especially if you’ve got your full compliment of 13 players on ship. If a player is unhappy with his minutes he can stay and accept that or move on and transfer.

If Brodie is unhappy that he comes here, I am willing to take that chance..........

You guys that question this for a second wouldn't be happy if we had Jerry Lucas available to come play for us as a transfer. You just like the status quo and what you are told above all else.

Shakur makes us a legit Final Four team.

If him coming means MP is gone, he at least keeps Willard's tournament streak alive......without him we are looking at the CIT.

Yes, MP is that important.
Lucas would be in his 80s

Everyone but cale shouldnt see major minutes. If they are unhappy they can go to a lower league

Reactions: SOBO1
I disagree somewhat, I think Rhoden is going to get some decent minutes after this season ended, he's now a soph and got better and more confident. Also how can we forget TT, if the light switch goes on he just may kick some @ss

Reactions: PirateGreat
I disagree somewhat, I think Rhoden is going to get some decent minutes after this season ended, he's now a soph and got better and more confident. Also how can we forget TT, if the light switch goes on he just may kick some @ss

If there was a scholarship, the last person you worry about is TT. It’s literally insane to worry about him vs an immediate impact player.

He’s literally the best available player in the country and people on here are like no thanks.
Because it’s not about getting the best player, it’s about getting the right player. Many people believe another guy who can light it up from outside is most important. I’m confident Nelson, Rhoden, and Cale will provide more next year but another shooter is most important to a lot of people on here

But who is the right guy then? Doesn’t exist. So you take the best available.

Because it’s not about getting the best player, it’s about getting the right player. Many people believe another guy who can light it up from outside is most important. I’m confident Nelson, Rhoden, and Cale will provide more next year but another shooter is most important to a lot of people on here
And what are our chances with this fictional player? We’d all like another 3 pt shooter but I’ll take a front court big that can board/ d up/ and has offensive skill and is considered the best available player.

We can win with an all-american SG an extremely good defensive team (QM,Ike, shakur), and deep bench.

And what are our chances with this fictional player? We’d all like another 3 pt shooter but I’ll take a front court big that can board/ d up/ and has offensive skill and is considered the best available player.

We can win with an all-american SG an extremely good defensive team (QM,Ike, shakur), and deep bench.
Guys like Jaevin Cumberland are not fictional. I have no clue if we are involved or not but that type of player whether he’s best available or 30th available is the type of player that could really stop teams from doubling Powell when he’s shooting 40% from 3. Heck it might also allow Powell to play some point guard to better his NBA chances next season.

Guys like Jaevin Cumberland are not fictional. I have no clue if we are involved or not but that type of player whether he’s best available or 30th available is the type of player that could really stop teams from doubling Powell when he’s shooting 40% from 3. Heck it might also allow Powell to play some point guard to better his NBA chances next season.
If MP leaves then yes we would have a huge void at sg and he would be a good replacement.

But with MP it’s going to be a hard sell to bring in a sg of that caliber when he’s gonna see 5 mpg available at sg and Cale (a junior) who also played 30ish mpg last year. And he’s being courted by high profile teams that have a ton more minutes available. I get your point but the only grad transfers that were really going to come here (with MP) are mediocre SG/SF’s that are above average 3 pt shooters filling a 10-15 minute role (that Australian kid that committed to UNLV) or shakur with MP and Newark connection. With shakur we might have three of the top 5 defenders in the big east and the best overall player in MP it would be dynamic.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
If MP leaves then yes we would have a huge void at sg and he would be a good replacement.

But with MP it’s going to be a hard sell to bring in a sg of that caliber when he’s gonna see 5 mpg available at sg and Cale (a junior) who also played 30ish mpg last year. And he’s being courted by high profile teams that have a ton more minutes available. I get your point but the only grad transfers that were really going to come here (with MP) are mediocre SG/SF’s that are above average 3 pt shooters filling a 10-15 minute role (that Australian kid that committed to UNLV) or shakur with MP and Newark connection. With shakur we might have three of the top 5 defenders in the big east and the best overall player in MP it would be dynamic.
Basically you’re saying you don’t see much time for Rhoden and Mamu if Cale’s getting 30 and we bring in Juiston. I’ll agree to disagree.

Basically you’re saying you don’t see much time for Rhoden and Mamu if Cale’s getting 30 and we bring in Juiston. I’ll agree to disagree.
Would juiston be our best front court player?
imo yes.

Minutes wise. Shakur 28 Mamu 28 Ike 22 Someone else 2-5 minutes at the 4 or 5.

Rhoden has minutes at the 3 up to 15ish if Cale plays 25ish at the 3 and remaining at the 2.

Would juiston be our best front court player?
imo yes.

Minutes wise. Shakur 28 Mamu 28 Ike 22 Someone else 2-5 minutes at the 4 or 5.

Rhoden has minutes at the 3 up to 15ish if Cale plays 25ish at the 3 and remaining at the 2.
Again I’ll agree to disagree. I see Ro getting 5-10 minutes. I see Willard trying to develop the freshman Samuel. I also see TT working his ass off. Should he graduate and want to transfer he’s going to want to be on the court a lot more next season.

Reactions: mbraue
Again I’ll agree to disagree. I see Ro getting 5-10 minutes. I see Willard trying to develop the freshman Samuel. I also see TT working his ass off. Should he graduate and want to transfer he’s going to want to be on the court a lot more next season.
Well TT’s ship is mostly who we’re hypothetically talking about here with the open ship. So instead of 15 and 10 you want two players that played a combined 2 minutes in our tournament game and a freshman. Yeah man let’s agree to disagree.

I just got over the fact we weren’t getting a grad transfer before this tweet. 3rd place in the big east, big east semi’s and one win in the tournament will be fun but winning the big east, winning the BET, playing locally in the tournament and playing in elite 8 / final four is more fun to me.

Reactions: shu99 and mbraue
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT