ADVERTISEMENT

Khalid Lewis

Right now everyone is throwing shit against the wall and hoping it sticks. Let's all calm down and see what comes of this.
Yeah, let's calm down and see what comes of this. We are getting like an overbearing parent fearing their kid gets hurt if they leave the house.

It may very well be a player who wants to play in a better league and is willing to pay tuition and come off the bench.

Right now everyone is throwing shit against the wall and hoping it sticks.

Why not? It's worked for Willard. Several years of shit throwing and stick hoping and here he is, a well paid man. Kudos.

Lewis is suppose to visit Iona tomorrow. I still don't know what to make of all this of adding a guard in the middle of July with no 'ships available. Sounds kinda fishy if you ask me.

Reactions: shupat08
Lewis is suppose to visit Iona tomorrow. I still don't know what to make of all this of adding a guard in the middle of July with no 'ships available. Sounds kinda fishy if you ask me.
What is fishy? IMO we are not certain every player committed will be able and willing to play and we are covering our ass in case one isn't.

If this guy isnt that good i think its a definite possibility he comes as a walk on. Is he smart? Academic money is pretty generously given out at SHU. Im not getting up in arms about this yet, but easy to see how this is fishy.

If it is true that we reached out to both players when we already have 13 players on ship for the 2015/2016 season then it's not unreasonable to speculate on why we would be doing that. The only thing we can do now is wait to see how this all plays out .

Iona has one scholarship remaining and is loaded at guard. It would be interesting to see how much Lewis would play there as a defensive-minded A-10 player who would be dropping down to a MAAC team that needs to improve its defense. Iona seems intent on shoring up that area as grad student Aaron Roundtree, a frontcourt player from Wake Forest, is also considered a defensive player. It's smart for them to be addressing their needs by adding (or trying to add) veteran role players (Seton Hall has done this with Gordon). Lewis probably fits better on Iona's team, though Seton Hall would give him a chance to play in a better conference.

Heard he is visiting TCU and Baylor in the near future. I did not see any mention of him visiting SHU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT