ADVERTISEMENT

Molson

I agree with Dan. The kid gave 150% effort and almost willed us to the BEast final. I hope he sits down with the staff and they make a joint decision what is best for him. As a parent of young adults (20 and 23 yr olds), watching them deal with their own growth through the COVID lockdowns has been heart breaking. I cannot imagine layering D1 hoops on top of that. So please lay off the kids.

What? Did you say pro and Molson in the same sentence? Did you see he's 3's? Maybe not, since they were so off they may have left the screen. My 8 years old niece is closer on 3's. If honestly rather see Ike hoist up a 3 and have more confidence is going in. If absolutely be shocked if he plays BASKETBALL as a pro anywhere on this planet.

Perhaps you can share with the rest of us mere mortals the litany of your athletic achievements?

The above very angry poster must have a talented 8-year-old niece.
As much grit and hustle as Molson consistently showed, I do think at times early in the BE season, he was overmatched. Had trouble with the press and many of his drives ended badly.
On the other hand, I've contended that all D-1 players can play professionally somewhere. Look as some of our big men who have played abroad.

Perhaps you can share with the rest of us mere mortals the litany of your athletic achievements?
His/her athletic achievements are irrelevant. His post earned all the criticism it's gotten. Overly harsh for sure...but makes no difference if the poster was an athlete of any kind.

Reactions: flconticello
His/her athletic achievements are irrelevant. His post earned all the criticism it's gotten. Overly harsh for sure...but makes no difference if the poster was an athlete of any kind.

First you agree with SHFan & now you're defending FCello? What the hell is going on?

FWIW, I saw Dimingus Steven’s post on Instagram about him leaving. Molson had commented something to the effect of “out just like that, huh?” Post has since been deleted, but doesn’t seem like a comment a guy who is packing his bags would say. Just my .02.

Reactions: mbraue
FWIW, I saw Dimingus Steven’s post on Instagram about him leaving. Molson had commented something to the effect of “out just like that, huh?” Post has since been deleted, but doesn’t seem like a comment a guy who is packing his bags would say. Just my .02.

I had read where Molson had posted something along the lines of, “I know what I need to work on to improve and be my best me”...paraphrasing. But, let’s please cut him some slack... sounds to me like someone who knows he struggled some this year, but isn’t crawling into a corner or running from it... he is taking it head on and is determined to improve.

I don’t know about anyone else but that’s the kind of player I’d take on my team anytime.

And if he does leave, I wish him nothing but great success.

Gonna be a crazy offseason. If Molson actually does choose to transfer it sounds like we've got some good options with incoming transfers. Who the heck knows what will shake out but if we wound up swapping Stevens and Molson for Harris and Fatts I'd be pretty happy.

Molson had a rough year. A lot of folks had hopes of him being the next Quincy. He wasn't. Guys like Q don't come along often. Man I really missed that guy this year! Molson would frustrate the heck out of me at times but for whatever his shortcomings were you could see he was always busting it. Give him credit for that. With good or pretty good players there's sometimes you just have games like that...and sometimes you just have years like that. Think that was the case here. Had the inauspicious start at Louisville and some rough moments throughout, missing the big 3 vs Providence. He came around to play a real nice game vs Georgetown at the end. If he goes as least he went out on a positive note. Wish him luck wherever he winds up.

Gonna be a crazy offseason. If Molson actually does choose to transfer it sounds like we've got some good options with incoming transfers. Who the heck knows what will shake out but if we wound up swapping Stevens and Molson for Harris and Fatts I'd be pretty happy.

Molson had a rough year. A lot of folks had hopes of him being the next Quincy. He wasn't. Guys like Q don't come along often. Man I really missed that guy this year! Molson would frustrate the heck out of me at times but for whatever his shortcomings were you could see he was always busting it. Give him credit for that. With good or pretty good players there's sometimes you just have games like that...and sometimes you just have years like that. Think that was the case here. Had the inauspicious start at Louisville and some rough moments throughout, missing the big 3 vs Providence. He came around to play a real nice game vs Georgetown at the end. If he goes as least he went out on a positive note. Wish him luck wherever he winds up.
On here, Fats was Posh before Posh ....both good players btw IMO (my recollection-could be wrong)

not sure if Fatts will fit now.....

Not saying no, just saying IDK

First you agree with SHFan & now you're defending FCello? What the hell is going on?
He's just pointing out that my athletic accomplishments have nothing to do with my opinion. Can you honestly say you see Molson playing basketball professionally? He's transferring out because he can't compete at this level of college. What mid major level league could compete with any pro level?

He's just pointing out that my athletic accomplishments have nothing to do with my opinion. Can you honestly say you see Molson playing basketball professionally? He's transferring out because he can't compete at this level of college. What mid major level league could compete with any pro level?

There are a lot of places around the world to make money playing pro ball. It’s not a stretch by any means.

What is a stretch is how you compared the presence of a player on the court to a corpse.

He was far from an All-American or even All-Big East player, but the stuff you’ve said about him is way over the top.

On here, Fats was Posh before Posh ....both good players btw IMO (my recollection-could be wrong)

not sure if Fatts will fit now.....

Not saying no, just saying IDK
Funny you write that as I was a fan of both...much more so Posh. Two dynamic, energetic players. I believe Posh is on a different level, already the Big East Freshman and Defensive Player of the Year. Little trivia, he's the first player to take Defensive Player of the Year honors and Freshman of the Year accolades in the same season since Allen Iverson did it at Georgetown.

I hear what you're saying with Fatts and a fit for next year. We'll have a promising freshman point coming in. I'm not convinced what we'll get from Long. Some would like to give the keys to Conway but that's a lot of pressure for a frosh, and while Conway looks like a nice player with potential he's not Sha or Dre. With Willard's history of not putting too much (pressure/expectations/faith) in freshmen having a talented, experienced point to play with may be a good situation for a new point...who knows? Whatever shakes out I'd be pretty happy to get Fatts as I think he'd fun as hell to watch!

Funny you write that as I was a fan of both...much more so Posh. Two dynamic, energetic players. I believe Posh is on a different level, already the Big East Freshman and Defensive Player of the Year. Little trivia, he's the first player to take Defensive Player of the Year honors and Freshman of the Year accolades in the same season since Allen Iverson did it at Georgetown.

I hear what you're saying with Fatts and a fit for next year. We'll have a promising freshman point coming in. I'm not convinced what we'll get from Long. Some would like to give the keys to Conway but that's a lot of pressure for a frosh, and while Conway looks like a nice player with potential he's not Sha or Dre. With Willard's history of not putting too much (pressure/expectations/faith) in freshmen having a talented, experienced point to play with may be a good situation for a new point...who knows? Whatever shakes out I'd be pretty happy to get Fatts as I think he'd fun as hell to watch!
All good points IMO

Reactions: SHU_Pirate1
Now looks as if Molson took all Seton Hall related posts off his page. Interesting. Wishing him all the best if that’s what he ultimately decides to do.

Bottom line is these kids have worked incredibly hard their entire lives to get where they are, and the window to play college basketball is so so short. Given the new transfer rules/free agency and what is expected to come in the coming weeks I don’t see how why any upperclassman who is not expected to get much time at their current school would stay put.

Bottom line is these kids have worked incredibly hard their entire lives to get where they are, and the window to play college basketball is so so short. Given the new transfer rules/free agency and what is expected to come in the coming weeks I don’t see how why any upperclassman who is not expected to get much time at their current school would stay put.

There is the old-fashioned reason of liking a school for what it offers academically and socially. Makes you wonder how much that matters to today’s kids.

Reactions: Piratz
You really need to tone it down. Do you live under a dark cloud or are you just miserable all the time.

You are talking about a young man representing SHU who admittingly had a difficult year. Maybe you might be able to choose your words more carefully and show some compassion!
Every one of his posts is more miserable than the last.

Reactions: lloyde dobler
There is the old-fashioned reason of liking a school for what it offers academically and socially. Makes you wonder how much that matters to today’s kids.
These kids are majoring in basketball. Their goal is to have a professional career in basketball. Imagine being an accounting major at seton hall and your extremely limited in the amount of accounting classes they offer you, how long would you stay there?

they are making these decisions in the best interest of their careers IMO.

These kids are majoring in basketball. Their goal is to have a professional career in basketball. Imagine being an accounting major at seton hall and your extremely limited in the amount of accounting classes they offer you, how long would you stay there?

they are making these decisions in the best interest of their careers IMO.

The vast majority of college basketball players will never play professionally.

The vast majority of college basketball players will never play professionally.

That may be true but today with the growth of basketball in Europe and now Asia there are more opportunities for a player to play professionally then ever before . It may not be the NBA but numerous Americans have had nice careers overseas and many of the top players here know that if they don’t get their NBA shot they can play overseas.

I also wonder how many actually do have opportunities to keep playing abroad, but elect not to because the $ isn’t worth it compared to pursuit of a non-playing career or they just want to move on with their lives. I’ve known some mid-major kids who were not even stars in lesser leagues and played professionally overseas for a number of years. They didn’t get paid a ton, but were young, single and wanted to keep playing and see different parts of the world. They were in no rush to end their playing days. If those kids had chances I’d have to think most Big 6 kids have the opportunity to if they want to choose it. Would love to see if there is any data on this that is at all credible.

they all might not play professionally but I would imagine they all have dreams/aspirations to do so, and the only way to do that is to play.

also keep in mind there are other jobs in the industry for former players - coaching, training, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT