ADVERTISEMENT

Molson

This team needs shooting and I think it’s safe to say that as it fills that need, it was going to have a negative impact on molsons PT.

Respect any player who wants to be here, sits out a year to do so and he played hard. This one is probably for the best, good luck TM!
Totally agree with each point you make.

Reactions: mikewalsh
I feel like Molson thought that he could be a guy like Q was. Come in from a small school and make an impact but he just didn’t have the offensive game and was too big a liability in that end despite the impact he could have had on defense. Played with effort and hustle but I just don’t think he fit in the Big East. My guess is he ends up at a mid major some place in between Canasius and SHU and plays well there.

Reactions: TomD82
I appreciated the way Takal played. He wasn't always effective, but he had the heart of a lion and left it all out there. And plenty of times, he was effective. I agree with @Ryanpbkelly that he probably saw himself as a McKnight kind of guy in terms of impact, but I'm not sure he's there. He could stay and be an effective role player, but he's got enough talent to be a major guy ... somewhere. I wish him well.

By the way, if I had to guess the first guy who would transfer, it would've been him. I had no information at all on that, but just my gut feeling. He never seemed to find his slot this year. Oh well, I appreciate what what brought this year and I'll be rooting for him wherever he goes.

I expect at least 2 more defections, not naming names and I have no inside info.

Probably Ming and Tyrese. Tyrese has to know Willard doesn’t trust him out there. Tyrese was playing really well against Georgetown and when Sandro was struggling he doesn’t even see the floor in the 2nd half. Now some of that is onTyrese as he lack of defense throughout the year was terrible but you should at least reward the guy for playing hard and not launching a bunch of 3s.

Reactions: TomD82
I'm guessing if Molson is transferring that has to mean Cale coming back might be realistic or a transfer (or two) are coming in who could play the two (or 3) and he just doesn't see the minutes. Thanks for everything Takal. A shame it didn't work out but thanks for giving everything you had to this program! Best of luck in the future!

No one ever ripped his effort. I'm surprised he's going, but I wish him well.
literally have people in this thread ripping him for stepping up to take too many shots/last shots in the game.

he had a post per game dedicated to him. this board cries about players seeing the posts on this board but nobody batted an eye at molson. yet everyone is surprised.

and btw your point isnt any consolation. its the opposite

Last edited:
Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
He has to be moving down in conference level like to Manhattan or Drake a la Nelson and Brodie. No more of these types of transfers especially with the no sit out rule now.

Molson has informed the staff he will be transferring, per a source.

As you guys know I was not his biggest fan, but this is somewhat of a surprise. I thought his role would increase next year. Crazy how bad our two transfers were this past season.
Good Riddance!! Priase to the lord (Louis Orr voice)

I appreciated the way Takal played. He wasn't always effective, but he had the heart of a lion and left it all out there. And plenty of times, he was effective. I agree with @Ryanpbkelly that he probably saw himself as a McKnight kind of guy in terms of impact, but I'm not sure he's there. He could stay and be an effective role player, but he's got enough talent to be a major guy ... somewhere. I wish him well.

By the way, if I had to guess the first guy who would transfer, it would've been him. I had no information at all on that, but just my gut feeling. He never seemed to find his slot this year. Oh well, I appreciate what what brought this year and I'll be rooting for him wherever he goes.
It's a lot easier having a guy like Q do what he does when he's playing alongside some dude named Powell who keeps other coaches up at night trying to figure out how to stop that guy. 2 guys succeed when they can focus on what they do because the guy next to them makes up for what they don't do as well.

Reactions: NYC Pirate
The question I had with Molson was whether he had the capability to give us what we expected from him when he transferred in. . After sitting out a year , playing in the BE for one season and with two MAAC seasons under his belt I have to say I had my doubts . While his leaving was a surprise to me I could understand him making the decision he did.

Last edited:
He has to be moving down in conference level like to Manhattan or Drake a la Nelson and Brodie. No more of these types of transfers especially with the no sit out rule now.

What does the last sentence mean? "No more of these types of transfers...." who don't pan out? Who has the crystal ball for this? Quincy and Ro thrive; TT and others didn't. Jury is still out on Ike. Molson would have gotten better next year with a season of BE games under his belt.
Remember, in the biggest game, arguably, of the season vs. GT in BET, Kevin went to him rather than Cale.

Reactions: BabyBlue
I don’t think this is surprising. With Weston coming and Powell coming next year in conjunction with another transfer like Harris, there would be no playing time. Especially, if Cale comes back which I doubt.

I wish Molsen luck. He played hard and with passion. His only problem is that he could Not make an outside shot which hurt us in many games. I hope he does well wherever he goes.

I hope Molson finds the right fit for himself. I have to admit I was high on him before the season began and thought he would be a major contributor.

I think this goes to show that it can be really hard to come from a mid major into a power 6 conference and be productive.

I now hope we can quell the “if Nelson was here...” talk just because he has scored a few points in Takal’s ex-league (as a junior, I might add).

Isn't Tyrese projected to start next year? Why would he leave?
Willard is going to start a player who he didn’t even trust to put in the 2nd half. Maybe he has a big offseason and kills it next year but he looks so disinterested out there and lacks killer instinct. Powell, Rhoden, Q would run through a brick wall to get a win for SHU. He hasn’t demonstrated that type of toughness and dedication yet.

Why do you care what this guy says? He has just as much knowledge and insight as the guy who made your last pizza.
You are probably right, just curious about another perspective bc my outsider fan take is much different.

From the outside in, seems like a good locker room, steady culture and opportunity for quality minutes.

I think Ike, Rhoden and Samuel are the core with Rhoden and Ike already confirmed will be coming back. With Jackson and Long at the next level of importance outside of the heralded freshman class. Ngandu and Stevens are wildcards.

Willard is going to start a player who he didn’t even trust to put in the 2nd half. Maybe he has a big offseason and kills it next year but he looks so disinterested out there and lacks killer instinct. Powell, Rhoden, Q would run through a brick wall to get a win for SHU. He hasn’t demonstrated that type of toughness and dedication yet.
Maybe there were guys he just trusted more as opposed to he just didn't trust him.

I'm guessing if Molson is transferring that has to mean Cale coming back might be realistic or a transfer (or two) are coming in who could play the two (or 3) and he just doesn't see the minutes. Thanks for everything Takal. A shame it didn't work out but thanks for giving everything you had to this program! Best of luck in the future!
Ding ding ding! We have a winner.

Reactions: schultz1825

Why are you trying to push Samuel out the door? Irresponsible on a message board. Not the first time you've posted something like this.

Reactions: SHUMA04
Why are you trying to push Samuel out the door? Irresponsible on a message board. Not the first time you've posted something like this.
When did I say I hope Tyrese leaves? I am stating my opinion of his play for the past two years. I’m allowed to do so. I even said he may have a good offseason and make me eat my words. I would love that. Just like Ro,Sandro, Q proved a lot of people here wrong. My point is I wouldn’t be surprised if he left due to lack of playing time and I also couldn’t blame him or any player for doing so. I think he has a ton of potential and has shown it in spurts and maybe next year he finds a way to put it all together.

What does the last sentence mean? "No more of these types of transfers...." who don't pan out? Who has the crystal ball for this? Quincy and Ro thrive; TT and others didn't. Jury is still out on Ike. Molson would have gotten better next year with a season of BE games under his belt.
Remember, in the biggest game, arguably, of the season vs. GT in BET, Kevin went to him rather than Cale.

Why recruit these mid major transfers is what it means. Ike was a P5 transfer and McKight had an all around game. He could hit a 3, he was an on the ball shut down defender and made plays off his quickness. Molson was a body that is about it and he wasn't going to score like he did at Canisius. And now all these transfers not happy with their roles are going to bolt. And playing Molson really worked out down the stretch against GT.

Takal got crushed on this board, especially by our game thread nuts. I wish him well, he never lacked effort.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: The Crows Nest
When did I say I hope Tyrese leaves? I am stating my opinion of his play for the past two years. I’m allowed to do so. I even said he may have a good offseason and make me eat my words. I would love that. Just like Ro,Sandro, Q proved a lot of people here wrong. My point is I wouldn’t be surprised if he left due to lack of playing time and I also couldn’t blame him or any player for doing so. I think he has a ton of potential and has shown it in spurts and maybe next year he finds a way to put it all together.

You've been beating this drum for weeks.

Too bad about Molson. I really admired how hard he played & I think his shooting will improve next year now that he's adjusted to a better conference after a year off.

Reactions: SHUMA04
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT