ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA

TomD82

All American
Nov 17, 2008
Terrible performance by Kentucky. Oakland guy shot lights out but still. Played out of control all game and sloppy passing. Cal has to be on the hot seat. 1 NCAA win in 4 years?

Just a terrible coaching job by Calipari. Malpractice, really. Standing around watching as his team jacks up bad 3 after bad 3. Nothing going to the basket, no attempt to speed up the pace. All while leaving 3 timeouts on the board. Woooooof.

Cal should move on, regardless. Their fans who, let’s face it, will never be happy have wanted him gone for a long time now. I think Cal still has some juice left in the tank. He should start fresh somewhere new. More than likely that will reinvigorate him. I mean, what is he going to accomplish if he stays at Kentucky? It’s gone stagnant there. Time for a fresh start for both the school and Cal.

Cal should move on, regardless. Their fans who, let’s face it, will never be happy have wanted him gone for a long time now. I think Cal still has some juice left in the tank. He should start fresh somewhere new. More than likely that will reinvigorate him. I mean, what is he going to accomplish if he stays at Kentucky? It’s gone stagnant there. Time for a fresh start for both the school and Cal.
If it were Indiana, UCLA or Maryland the fans would be physically threatening him. I am surprised that they supported him at all with the 1 and done approach.

Reactions: Hall-O-Daze
Ironic that the pioneer coach of the one-and-done model, at a blue blood school with exceeding NIL and resources, can't get out of the first round.

Some may say poetic justice.
Like jay wright said the new nil model makes hotshot frosh far less valuable. Now they pkay against men.

Just a terrible coaching job by Calipari. Malpractice, really. Standing around watching as his team jacks up bad 3 after bad 3. Nothing going to the basket, no attempt to speed up the pace. All while leaving 3 timeouts on the board. Woooooof.
To channel your view of the kerfuffle over Val and her homage to the committee. What you want cal to do? It’s all done anyway. What can he do. Rant and rave? Call everyone names?

Darnell Brodie had a great game for Drake, but fouled out with about 2 minutes left. The tide changed in WSU's favor after. Former SHU commit Isaiah Watts had a huge go-ahead three, followed by two clutch free throws and a key defensive play to help seal the Washington State win.

Reactions: chickenbox
To channel your view of the kerfuffle over Val and her homage to the committee. What you want cal to do? It’s all done anyway. What can he do. Rant and rave? Call everyone names?
Still he did not do much to settle down his team. Did you see the full court and cross court passes that resulted in turnovers? The quick shots when they could have taken momentum and all the stupid fouls! He said his team was built for March. Really? Cal and Tony Bennett may have been passed by in todays CBB landscape.

Oakland shot terribly but the great equalizer....

15-31 from the arc
I watched Oakland beat X early in the season. They have guys who could score inside and get fouled and they did down the stretch in the 2nd half when they needed to. Actually, if Oakland made its FTs the game would never have been in doubt.

Reactions: shu09 and TomD82
Mountain West about to go 1-4 with only Utah St remaining tonight, as #22 NET New Mexico is getting blown out by #35 NET Clemson. I guess no one informed Clemson that they were actually the underdog today /sarcasm... And even the one win was a nailbiter that SDSU survived 69-65 against the vaunted 12 seed UAB... Absolute joke that this mid-major conference got 6 bids. The NET rankings are garbage.

One thing that has been true in the tournament in recent history and again enforced by these games is you have to be able to score to win…generally teams with good offenses advance

I hope Sha attacks a little more of an offense first type player in the portal

Mountain West about to go 1-4 with only Utah St remaining tonight, as #22 NET New Mexico is getting blown out by #35 NET Clemson. I guess no one informed Clemson that they were actually the underdog today /sarcasm... And even the one win was a nailbiter that SDSU survived 69-65 against the vaunted 12 seed UAB... Absolute joke that this mid-major conference got 6 bids. The NET rankings are garbage.
NET has proven to predict UGOTZ

If the NCAA would pay less attention to the failed NET and more on the inconsistent NIL and fix the transfer portal issue, it would be a whole different college basketball world.

Anyone heard from McClelland, or he just disappeared with his team?

Id love to see a NET analysis after the tournament to monitor how accurate it is in reality.
Really, this should be done as a retrospective for several years…any one year can be an aberration.

I’m sure they do it…whether they share that info with us is another story.

But that’s how you judge how good your method for picking teams was.

Reactions: shupat08

Nice try, LOL!!! Apples to oranges. Yes, Cal can actually coach his team and influence the outcome of the game. Val Ackerman has no control or influence over the NCAA Selection Committee.

JMU giving it to Wisconsin early. Be great for another B10 team to bow out early.

Nice try, LOL!!! Apples to oranges. Yes, Cal can actually coach his team and influence the outcome of the game. Val Ackerman has no control or influence over the NCAA Selection Committee.
Not surprisingly you missed the point.

St. Mary’s is awesome and probably the best coached team in the country, but they always struggle with these super athletic teams. This goes all the way back to the Delly team that lost to Memphis a bunch of years back.

Overall thoughts - lots of mediocre basketball the first 2 days. A lot of power five programs that just don't impress me.

The fallacy of many lower conference guys not being able to play at a higher level is gone for me. We can recruit lower level D-1 and occasional D-2 kids and continue winning while being strategic with the NIL money.

Reactions: Piratz and Seton75
If it were Indiana, UCLA or Maryland the fans would be physically threatening him. I am surprised that they supported him at all with the 1 and done approach.
He's getting heat. Those fans have expectations like the flagship franchises of professional sports do. Some also probably remember that Cal resurrected them from the Billy Kennedy mess and brought them to the top of the sport, because flags fly forever. But the recent first round disappointments has definitely opened him up to national criticism, and I'm sure it is 100x worse in Kentucky where that program is the equivalent of the Yankees.

CU 4/20 from 3 in first half. Their biggest advantage is getting Kalkbrenner some touches and they don’t do it. Now in a dog fight with Oregon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT