ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA

Houston blows an 11 point lead with 98 seconds left in the game, but survives in OT. All #1 and #2 seeds are still alive.

Only one conference remains perfect going into the Sweet 16: Big East 6-0 100 % win rate
ACC 8-1 88.8
Pac 12 6-3 66.6
Big 10 6-4 60
Big 12 7-6 53.8
SEC 5-6 45.4

(MWc) 4-5 44.4

Last edited:
Interesting that 7 out of remaining 16 teams from two conferences that only got 8 teams in. Big East and ACC.

This year’s Tournament doesn’t seem to have the amount of close games it usually does? I don’t have any numbers to back that up, so maybe it’s just my perception.

It’s college basketball so you see a lot of missed shots with good looks and botching of key situations. I was disappointed Oakland didn’t get off a better possession at the end of regulation against NC State as I thought they had them for the win in that spot given how dominant their forward Townsend was in the post. Man, this guy was impressive. He’s not even physically big, just plays so tough and is real crafty and coordinated. That guy should get some coin for a grad year.

Houston blows an 11 point lead with 98 seconds left in the game, but survives in OT. All #1 and #2 seeds are still alive.

Only one conference remains perfect going into the Sweet 16: Big East 6-0 100 % win rate
ACC 8-1 88.8
Pac 12 6-3 66.6
Big 10 6-4 60
Big 12 7-6 53.8
SEC 5-6 45.4

(MWc) 4-5 44.4
Crazy game. Very entertaining. Houston had 4 starters foul out! Could you imagine our lineup in 2OT with 4 starters out?

This year’s Tournament doesn’t seem to have the amount of close games it usually does? I don’t have any numbers to back that up, so maybe it’s just my perception.

It’s college basketball so you see a lot of missed shots with good looks and botching of key situations. I was disappointed Oakland didn’t get off a better possession at the end of regulation against NC State as I thought they had them for the win in that spot given how dominant their forward Townsend was in the post. Man, this guy was impressive. He’s not even physically big, just plays so tough and is real crafty and coordinated. That guy should get some coin for a grad year.
Piratz
I just have to wonder if with free agency the teams with the deepest pockets aren’t able to put together far more talented teams leading to wider margins of victory.

Reactions: Piratz
Agree about Oakland. There have been a lot of blowouts but many really memorable games— Oakland -Kentucky, CU- Oregon State, Florida-Colorado, Yale- Auburn, JMU- Auburn, Duquesne- BYU, Marquette -Colorado, Texas A&M- Houston, NCState- Oakland, Tennessee- Texas. It’s been a fun tournament.

PS: St Joes- SHU!

Agree about Oakland. There have been a lot of blowouts but many really memorable games— Oakland -Kentucky, CU- Oregon State, Florida-Colorado, Yale- Auburn, JMU- Auburn, Duquesne- BYU, Marquette -Colorado, Texas A&M- Houston, NCState- Oakland, Tennessee- Texas. It’s been a fun tournament.

PS: St Joes- SHU!
I had no juice for this tourney. But the Oakland game gave me some of it back. Yesterdays games sucked. but lots of good games earlier.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT