ADVERTISEMENT

Onward Setonia

and Dan I only wrote that because I wanted 2 make sure my monthly pledge went thru, not to be an a$$.....

Same here - signed up for Chalk Talk with Sha before the NJIT fundraiser game. Saw the money leave with Apple Pay but no email confirming it or any tickets or notice that we registered.
I see the banhammer coming your way, LOL!

still awaiting to hear from Dan and his apology for wanting 2 BAN me for stating I didnt get a transaction email of all things.......
Do you really have to post multiple times? I do have a life and am not on the board 24/7.

I reached out to the proper people at NIL again who said initially they had no record of your donation and they came back and said they found it. They also said a reply was sent back to you.

The issue it seems is that you tried to make a donation and did so incorrectly. Then you did it a second time and that took. The second correct donation is below. That's the one where a reply was sent.

That said, I never said you were getting banned I did say that if you didn't respond to me then you would be suspended. I also said if the information given to me was wrong you would have my apology. It was, so yes, you deserve an apology.

Here's part of the reply to you without giving away your personal information.

Order Summary

ITEMQTYUNIT PRICESUBTOTAL
First Mate Subscription
SQ8997696

1$50.00$50.00

Reactions: walshtrips
@Halldan1 i am curious. Are you an employee of any kind at SHU ? I understand you are close to the program but what exactly makes you so FIERCELY defend everything about the school and program and and all its subsidiaries?

If you are an employee of some sort I would suggest we get a different moderator. Regardless, you make it difficult to have open conversation because it seems you have a mini stroke any time somebody has something negative to say about the school or program.

This is a message board for fans. Information should be openly shared, debates should be encouraged. I feel you are far too invested to be a fair moderator anymore.

If you were wrong about @IronKaz1 is it possible you were also wrong about the other poster? We know he’s generally a troll, but you never know…

The fact you have the ability to that quickly gain access to posters donations is concerning to me.

Last edited:
suspend me? really Dan, oh I have something coming in your email now, I had to log into my TD account.... dirty to think I would make shit up
You could have logged into your account to see if your donation went through in the first place. Or gone through Onward Setonia to clarify instead of putting them on blast in a public forum immediately.

Thursday was literally the first day the website was active.

still awaiting to hear from Dan and his apology for wanting 2 BAN me for stating I didnt get a transaction email of all things.......
You have to be the softest poster on this board. You bitch and moan about everything.

That you couldn't even wait two hours for Dan to see your email and give you his apology speaks volumes.

FWIW, I believed that if you said you made a donation that you did. But you had to go and blow a misunderstanding completely out of proportion and potentially damage Onward Setonia's reputation as a trustworthy entity before it even got off the ground.

I gave a initial 25.00, then I saw the recurring monthly donation and signed up for that deal for 50 a month so I have 75 yesterday........ with 50 a month til whenever.... so whomever you talked to LIES as you will see in your email shortly ....
Your donations were received, we thank you for your support! Let me know if you still haven't received a confirmation, and we will straighten it out. I tested the site last evening and it was working fine.

Mike

Mike

if I had a monthly going to HHOD, how can I see that on the new Onward Setonia? Then, if I want to increase it...and make sure to get credit for the aggregate total...lol...how would I do that?

sorry for the questions...
Member subscriptions to HHOD will continue to be deducted monthly, and you will receive the benefits offered on Onward Setonia. Email me if you would like to increase your contribution.

Thanks for your support! walshtrips@comcat.net

@Halldan1 i am curious. Are you an employee of any kind at SHU ? I understand you are close to the program but what exactly makes you so FIERCELY defend everything about the school and program and and all its subsidiaries?
Dan is a volunteer and has been for 2 decades. Seton Hall just introduced a new website and there are bound to be glitches that need to be worked out.

The issue in this case is that a couple posters claimed to have made donations, and that Onward Setonia did not acknowledge the donations. When I tested the website last night, everything was working fine and the confirmation was received immediately. It turns out that one complaint was from someone who didn't donate and was making an attempt to trash our new Onward Setonia NIL. The second complaint was likely legit.

Dan works his ass off to support our Seton Hall athletics programs, and being a moderator can be a 24/7 job. Responding to claims that aren't legit is a waste of time, and in this case the troll was trying to cut the legs out from under a new program that is designed to engage fans and support SHU athletics. We can forgive Dan for taking this to heart.

When I became aware of possible glitches, around 9:30 last evening, I immediately responded and attempted to verify the claims. HHOD agreed to merge with Hall Ball knowing that we would be able to continue communicating with fans, alumni and supporters. We may experience some growing pains and the best way to address issues is by contacting us on the website. The claim that a supporter's donation isn't appreciated is misguided. I will personally speak with anyone who is interested in supporting and always show appreciation for the support.

As stated, we have a contact us form on the Onward setonia website. Additionally, I'm always happy to respond to inquiries and can be contacted at walshtrips@comcast.net

GO PIRATES!!!

Dan is a volunteer and has been for 2 decades. Seton Hall just introduced a new website and there are bound to be glitches that need to be worked out.

The issue in this case is that a couple posters claimed to have made donations, and that Onward Setonia did not acknowledge the donations. When I tested the website last night, everything was working fine and the confirmation was received immediately. It turns out that one complaint was from someone who didn't donate and was making an attempt to trash our new Onward Setonia NIL. The second complaint was likely legit.

Dan works his ass off to support our Seton Hall athletics programs, and being a moderator can be a 24/7 job. Responding to claims that aren't legit is a waste of time, and in this case the troll was trying to cut the legs out from under a new program that is designed to engage fans and support SHU athletics. We can forgive Dan for taking this to heart.

When I became aware of possible glitches, around 9:30 last evening, I immediately responded and attempted to verify the claims. HHOD agreed to merge with Hall Ball knowing that we would be able to continue communicating with fans, alumni and supporters. We may experience some growing pains and the best way to address issues is by contacting us on the website. The claim that a supporter's donation isn't appreciated is misguided. I will personally speak with anyone who is interested in supporting and always show appreciation for the support.

As stated, we have a contact us form on the Onward setonia website. Additionally, I'm always happy to respond to inquiries and can be contacted at walshtrips@comcast.net

GO PIRATES!!!
I appreciate your response and I have no issue with the new onward setonia group. Glitches can happen. My concerns were elsewhere. All the best to the new endeavor.

If you are an employee of some sort I would suggest we get a different moderator. Regardless, you make it difficult to have open conversation because it seems you have a mini stroke any time somebody has something negative to say about the school or program.

This is a message board for fans. Information should be openly shared, debates should be encouraged. I feel you are far too invested to be a fair moderator anymore.

If you were wrong about @IronKaz1 is it possible you were also wrong about the other poster? We know he’s generally a troll, but you never know…

The fact you have the ability to that quickly gain access to posters donations is concerning to me.
I DISlike it.

In reply

1. Do you really believe I reached out for the above information? It was offered to me. Offered because of two initial posts questioning the validity of the newly formed NIL Onward Setonia. Offered because it's very important that this new entity isn't questioned to a point that some are unsure about its accuracy.

2. I have never muted anything negative and always allow debate. Your false comment doesn't deserve anything further to be said.

3. Was it possible that I was wrong about the other poster? Really, are you just throwing more crap against the wall in the hope that it sticks? I gave said poster far, far more leeway than probably any other moderator would with such a clear troll. Anywhere else he would have been banned years ago as so many posters suggested that I do.

Make a separate posts to see who disagreed with his finally being banned if you want to question the decision.

4. You make a lot of suppositions, many inaccurate so I won't take your advice questioning me as a moderator. I would think after 18 years I have done a decent job here understanding no one will ever be in a position to satisfy everyone.

In reply

1. Do you really believe I reached out for the above information? It was offered to me. Offered because of two initial posts questioning the validity of the newly formed NIL Onward Setonia. Offered because it's very important that this new entity isn't questioned to a point that some are unsure about its accuracy.

2. I have never muted anything negative and always allow debate. Your false comment doesn't deserve anything further to be said.

3. Was it possible that I was wrong about the other poster? Really, are you just throwing more crap against the wall in the hope that it sticks? I gave said poster far, far more leeway than probably any other moderator would with such a clear troll. Anywhere else he would have been banned years ago as so many posters suggested that I do.

Make a separate posts to see who disagreed with his finally being banned if you want to question the decision.

4. You make a lot of suppositions, many inaccurate so I won't take your advice questioning me as a moderator. I would think after 18 years I have done a decent job here understanding no one will ever be in a position to satisfy everyone.
You have done a tremendous job Dan!

May I suggest this… go create your own message board.

Appreciate the comments guys.

I have no issue taking heat if it is deserved. The heat re the one poster not donating was warranted to the degree that I was given bad info. But knowing that possibility existed I added that if the info was incorrect I would apologize. It was incorrect and I did as I said.

Finally, Eric and the three Mikes do an unbelievable job and knowing what they do behind the scenes I will do everything I can to not only support them but to defend them as well.

In reply

You state that hundreds if not thousands of people come to this board but don’t participate. Is it because you don’t know how to engage them properly? I’m sure you are of the typical seton hall fanbase age to put it nicely. You never take new ideas openly…

Secondly, whether you asked for the donors info or it was given to you by those in charge that to me is still a huge problem. Posters information, financials and donations should be 100% private. As I said before, very concerning.

Lastly, you never answered my questions. Are you an employee of SHU of any kind? Point is that you are not a fan at this point. You are clearly a booster that is too close with the administrators, coaches, players, etc.

You state that hundreds if not thousands of people come to this board but don’t participate. Is it because you don’t know how to engage them properly? I’m sure you are of the typical seton hall fanbase age to put it nicely. You never take new ideas openly…

Secondly, whether you asked for the donors info or it was given to you by those in charge that to me is still a huge problem. Posters information, financials and donations should be 100% private. As I said before, very concerning.

Lastly, you never answered my questions. Are you an employee of SHU of any kind? Point is that you are not a fan at this point. You are clearly a booster that is too close with the administrators, coaches, players, etc.
Where’s the dislike button?

And there’s nothing wrong with being that last sentence.

Is this 93's burner account or something?

Volunteering to assist?

You really didnt have to apologize Dan, I just didnt think you would try to suspend my account, you know I have been around a long time now, why would I make up some nonsense for? I just inquired because when I gave to SHU or Bergen Catholic I always got an email back thats all, I wasnt turning it into this stink of a mess.... Anyways I signed up for the 50 dollar month plan, we good now?

Your donations were received, we thank you for your support! Let me know if you still haven't received a confirmation, and we will straighten it out. I tested the site last evening and it was working fine.

Mike
I didnt get any emails of such, but thats not a big deal, I wasnt trying to make an issue, I just wanted to make sure it was confirmed so usually it is via email. and thank you for your good work.... this was blown outta proportion.. Also I saw you said my HHOD monthly donation would goto this now , so I started a new monthly donation to Onward.. does that mean I will be contributing those 2 combined? which is fine by me jus asking so I know Thank you Mike and God Bless

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Do you really have to post multiple times? I do have a life and am not on the board 24/7.

I reached out to the proper people at NIL again who said initially they had no record of your donation and they came back and said they found it. They also said a reply was sent back to you.

The issue it seems is that you tried to make a donation and did so incorrectly. Then you did it a second time and that took. The second correct donation is below. That's the one where a reply was sent.

That said, I never said you were getting banned I did say that if you didn't respond to me then you would be suspended. I also said if the information given to me was wrong you would have my apology. It was, so yes, you deserve an apology.

Here's part of the reply to you without giving away your personal information.

Order Summary

ITEMQTYUNIT PRICESUBTOTAL
First Mate Subscription
SQ8997696

1$50.00$50.00
were on the same team here... I appreciate you so I was upset

Now that the tiff is over.... Meanwhile class certification was just granted in the new NIL case which I think will end up invalidating the rule that prohibits schools from paying athletes directly. IMHO it will put a nail into the coffin of what we love about college basketball.

I didnt get any emails of such, but thats not a big deal, I wasnt trying to make an issue, I just wanted to make sure it was confirmed so usually it is via email. and thank you for your good work.... this was blown outta proportion.. Also I saw you said my HHOD monthly donation would goto this now , so I started a new monthly donation to Onward.. does that mean I will be contributing those 2 combined? which is fine by me jus asking so I know Thank you Mike and God Bless
Send me an email with your cell phone number and we can discuss your options: walshtrips@comcast.net

Thanks! Mike

Now that the tiff is over.... Meanwhile class certification was just granted in the new NIL case which I think will end up invalidating the rule that prohibits schools from paying athletes directly. IMHO it will put a nail into the coffin of what we love about college basketball.
That would be an improvement, IMHO. NIL is already pay for play anyway, so they may as well call a spade a spade and give the NCAA some enforcement ability.

This is how it should be instead of 3rd party collectives. Just means donating back to the directly school associated athletic fundraising unit.

You're a good fan and I ask you look for me before the game. I will be sitting next to Jerry Carino in the media section most likely at halfcourt.

There I will explain what I did and I think you'll understand. I owe you that much.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT