ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Adrian Griffin fired by the Bucks

Sources: Bucks firing first year head coach Adrian Griffin​

• ESPN

The Milwaukee Bucks are firing first-year head coach Adrian Griffin, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski on Tuesday.

The Bucks hired Griffin over the summer to replace longtime coach Mike Budenholzer, who was fired after Milwaukee's first round exit last postseason.

Milwaukee enters Tuesday night's slate 30-13 and No. 2 in the Eastern Conference.

Surprised they did it soon but following along the bench is a mess, some internal issues, Bucks want to win the chip this year. LOVE AG - so hopefully lands something good next.

In-sane.

Then again, firing Budenholzer was a ridiculous overreaction of the highest magnitude. What a poopshow they have there in the office. I will gladly cheer if there is another early playoff exit in the cards for them. Joker is repeating as champion anyway. Got to think Adrian will land on his feet. He didn’t get this far without learning a whole lot and making many connections within the basket community. AG will be back.

In-sane.

Then again, firing Budenholzer was a ridiculous overreaction of the highest magnitude. What a poopshow they have there in the office. I will gladly cheer if there is another early playoff exit in the cards for them. Joker is repeating as champion anyway. Got to think Adrian will land on his feet. He didn’t get this far without learning a whole lot and making many connections within the basket community. AG will be back.
Professional head coaches are hired to be fired

Reactions: Piratz
Looks like basketball “genius and guru” “doc” rivers is first in line to replace him. Most overrated coach in NBA history. A choke artist. Can’t wait for them to choke away a 3-1 series lead. Crash and burn, baby.
This is first season that doc is not a head coach somewhere despite all the teams he has switched to...

Reactions: PirateFan94
So one can infer his reps put out feelers if any high contending teams are willing to part mid-season
Oh, yeah, I’ll buy that.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if “doc” and the bucks had been in contact for quite some time, and that he helped convince them to pull the trigger. “doc” is probably as much a snake as he is a choke artist. It’ll backfire though. All he is going to add to his coaching resume is another choke. Maybe espn won’t be so quick to hire him back once he’s unemployed again.

Reactions: SHUSource
Head scratcher. I've read some were concerned that the Bucks have the 22nd ranked Team Defense. I read that he failed to make a connection with the players. Don't know.

Then again they fired Budenholzer after 5 years produced 5 straight Central Division titles, an NBA Championship and a 271-120 record. So clearly they have high expectations.

Reactions: PirateFan94
Hopefully AG still gets paid what he’s owed. Total BS. What is it with Doc Rivers who must have lobbied for the job?

the bucks absolutely made a mockery of themselves with firing bud, not only because of his results but also when they did it right after coaching the playoffs during the death of his brother. now this???

seems easy to me. a team like milwaukee has absolutely no chance in retaining generational talents like Giannis so they concede almost full control to these players (like lebron in cleveland).

giannis wants you out, you go out. milwauke is lucky the refs give him the red carpet to make up for his lack of offensive skill.

I've always wondered why anyone would want to be a coach in the NBA in this day and age.

Reactions: Piratz
Oh, yeah, I’ll buy that.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if “doc” and the bucks had been in contact for quite some time, and that he helped convince them to pull the trigger. “doc” is probably as much a snake as he is a choke artist. It’ll backfire though. All he is going to add to his coaching resume is another choke. Maybe espn won’t be so quick to hire him back once he’s unemployed again.
Sounds oddly familiar.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT