ADVERTISEMENT

OT: RU Football...ouch!!

Boy do they suck...34-0 to Maryland halfway through the third quarter...yikes.

Passing 2-17 for 8 yards!!!
AND 5 interceptions...

Last edited:
I feel for ru. It is pretty bad when one has to pity a college team. Ru might be the 2nd worst d1 football team. Ash makes Blaney look like John Wooden.

The heat is going to increase on Hobbs to do something about this woeful program and the future looks grim. RU’s 2019 class only has 12 commits with no four star players and a class ranked 69th.

You feel bad for Rutgers fans.....but then they win a game and act like they are the second coming of Ohio State (football) /UCLA (b-ball) and then you’re like “oh yeah now I remember why I hate u guys”

I feel for ru. It is pretty bad when one has to pity a college team. Ru might be the 2nd worst d1 football team. Ash makes Blaney look like John Wooden.

Second worst? Who could possibly be worse than Rutgers!? I'm hoping some drops 100 on them this season!

But wait until they could all of that B10 money… LOL
Its tough to tell what RU might do at seasons end. If they are 100% committed to winning, they eat the buyout, fire Ash and try to bring in a name coach for a big payday. Problem is that it's a ton of money to hopefully, maybe one day be on par with Purdue. Realistically they are never going to compete in the conference, so they may decide to just take the big check, minimize expenses and just keep the status quo for as long as possible. Either way, I'm enjoying every minute of this college football season.

Its tough to tell what RU might do at seasons end. If they are 100% committed to winning, they eat the buyout, fire Ash and try to bring in a name coach for a big payday. Problem is that it's a ton of money to hopefully, maybe one day be on par with Purdue. Realistically they are never going to compete in the conference, so they may decide to just take the big check, minimize expenses and just keep the status quo for as long as possible. Either way, I'm enjoying every minute of this college football season.
If they are 100% committed to winning then they need to get out of the Big Ten because Rutgers will never win there. Anyone who believes differently just isn't being honest with themselves.

Hopefully for NJ residents’ who want/need to send their kids to a State university that the B1G “riches” make this debacle worthwhile. They’re going to be getting their asses kicked for a long time as far as major athletics goes.

Did Tim really think they'd be competitive? My guess is no. The money is huge so you take the payday 100 times out of 100. But he would have been foolish to think they'd ever be competitive with the top of the conference. Best case is that they can eventually get to mid pack with the purdues of the world. And that goes to my previous comment... is it really worth eating another salary (10m) when the ceiling is so low.
Tim.pernetti

I'm sure posted earlier, but Never Forget: Seton Hall is 1-0 all time against Rutgers in football. Reading the writeup below with a tear rolling down my cheek and in amazement that Steve Politi was whining in 1905:

On Neilson Field Saturday afternoon Rutgers was beaten by Seton Hall in one of the scrappiest games of football ever witnessed in New Brunswick…

The South Orange team came to town resolved to win and win they did…

Seton couldn’t understand the clean football and started in to play her style of football, goaded on by a few rooters who frequently yelled: “Play rough Seton.’’…

From this till the end, it was an exhibition of clean football, pitted against a roughhouse game. After every play there was a man knocked out, or a fist fight…

The old Scarlet team has not been trained to this kind of game, and as the officials allowed it to go they could not continue the winning game that they had started."

Link https://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/...al_look_at_how_rutgers_has_fared_against.html

Played golf with 2 ex-RU football players this past weekend. Nothing good to say about Chris Ash. Can’t recruit, can’t game plan, can’t adjust. Stuck with his contract and don’t see much positive happening under him. Also not happy with the way he treats ex-players. Field passes have been pulled and they are relegated to a lounge where you can barely see the action in the game.

Chris Ash began his coaching career in 1997 as an assistant at Drake and had stops at Iowa State, San Diego State, Arkansas , Wisconsin and Ohio State . He was the DC at Arkansas,Wisconsin and Co-DC at Ohio State and Recruiting coordinator at Iowa State and San Diego in his 21 years as an assistant coach. On paper he looked good as someone who coached at two highly successful B1G programs plus at a SEC and Big -12 program and had served as a a defensive and recruiting coordinator . If their search couldn’t find or pay for an experienced head coach and were going the assistant route Ash and his experience were likely attractive to Hobbs. Someone once told me that someone who’s been an assistant for as long as Ash was , 21 years and never was hired as a head coach is a coach you should stay away from. In RU’s case that appears to be true.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT