ADVERTISEMENT

Rasheed Sulaimon

I was wondering when his name might come up. Maryland is said to be involved, as Mark Turgeon recruited him out of high school. Seton Hall could use him, though you'd think a backcourt player would be the bigger need. Plus the charges, though dismissed, might be viewed as baggage.

Just offer the kid from Linden and be done with it already. We aren't getting Sulaimon.

Reactions: shupat08
Only guy to ever get kicked off of Duke... and we are going after him. Willard didnt make the program better. Hes been going after baggage players since day one. In fact, his first two big recruits were arrested before they got here. Not to mention the numerous suspensions, transfers, and off court issues. His entire existence is fake.

Hes honestly the most desperate coach ive ever seen.

Hes obviously a good player, but is there going to be any less chemistry issues?

Livingston is who I was referring to. We need a backup guard. If he's willing to fill that role, perfect. Who cares how many scholarships we have for the fall signing period? We won't be getting anyone of merit with a lame duck coach. In the unlikely event someone is dying to come on board, we can always oversign. We've had transfers every year under Willard. We will have them next year too.

Reactions: shupat08
Haven't seen him play, but Livingston really be a good signing. So far his Division I offers are from Delaware State, Niagara, FDU, and Robert Morris. I understand Seton Hall needs a backcourt body, but what Willard would be doing is asking a lightly recruited midmajor prospect to fill a major reserve role on a Big East team. That would require Livingston to grow into that role quickly, ready or not.

Hmm this kid is wayyy off the radar but I do remember hearing that he (and Linden) was having an impressive season. Can we get a scouting report from Knights1212?

No. This kid has baggage even KW shouldn't touch. Of course, a recruit like this did Blaney in so auberges it would work again. Ah!

No. This kid has baggage even KW shouldn't touch. Of course, a recruit like this did Blaney in so auberges it would work again. Ah!

Really? I've never heard that. Here's a story that describes him as "humble" and quotes Coach Colicchio: "He's a great kid. He's a full qualifier. He has a 3.8 GPA." I've read another story where Colicchio praises the family, so that wouldn't seem to be a problem.

Perhaps you are thinking of a different kid? Just asking.

Really? I've never heard that. Here's a story that describes him as "humble" and quotes Coach Colicchio: "He's a great kid. He's a full qualifier. He has a 3.8 GPA." I've read another story where Colicchio praises the family, so that wouldn't seem to be a problem.

Perhaps you are thinking of a different kid? Just asking.
I think he's talking about Sulaimon, the kid from Duke. No one's ever said a bad word about Livingston, as far as I know.

Reactions: Joe_T
There's a poster on the Georgetown board who's really pushing us to get involved with livingston. Seems like his size is the main thing making him under-recruited. Looks like Livingston will prep a year though.

we're at a point where beggars can't be choosers. We should be all over this kid.

I always go back to Donald Copeland; a kid coming out of HS who was a good but not great HS player but ended up being a solid 4 year player for us.

If he can take care of the ball and penetrate the defense why wouldn't we take him?

That could be, 75. Why would we want someone who is so good no one knows his name?
If we only recruited kids whose names I remember, we would be in worse shape than we are...well, we would be in bad shape

Last edited:
I'm a fan of Livingston, have been for a few months now.

I will fully support KW recruiting this kid.

If he doesn't live up to BE Caliber, I'll eat my words.

I was told by 'somebody in the know' that we are NOT involved with Livingston at all. Take it for what it's worth.

By all accounts Livingston is a good kid but not a D1 player at this point. A prep year would serve him well and we should not be involved with him IMO. Look at the teams recruiting him?

So who should we recruit Section? Problemed 5th year xfers and problemed JUCO kids who were all passed on by legit High-Major programs?

We are left with almost no legit options.

Reactions: Bud Boomer
we're at a point where beggars can't be choosers. We should be all over this kid.

I always go back to Donald Copeland; a kid coming out of HS who was a good but not great HS player but ended up being a solid 4 year player for us.

First name that came to my mind was Paul Gause who, if I remember correctly, Orr picked up very late when no one else wanted him. Not saying this kid is Gause, I have never seen him play. Just that the situation seems similar.

Re: Otis Livingston, I like what I'm reading from his coaches quotes. And then I looked at a few game tapes/highlights, and wondered aloud, "what do we have to lose, looks like a very nice PG, good handle, smart decisions, good fundamentals, played against good competition, and can knock down a 3". I particularly watched a game against Roselle Catholic, and he was more than holding his own in the game. My only question is, is he quick enough and will he get strong enough?

Seton Hall cannot go into the season with 3 guards. Plus Soffer could never be expected to handle the point. I have not seen Livingston play but at this point in time, I think you have to consider him. Who else is out there that can play PG? Wow, the more I think about this program, the worse it gets.

So who should we recruit Section? Problemed 5th year xfers and problemed JUCO kids who were all passed on by legit High-Major programs?

We are left with almost no legit options.
Hopefully they thought there was a chance Sterling was leaving (everyone else did) and were involved with some other guards (JUCO and transfers with imm eligibility). Or a coaching change could occur that frees up a kid who wants to get out of his commitment. You should never panic and give a kid a scholly unless they can play at this level. Then you waste a scholly and have an unhappy kid and wasted ship. Have to get a kid who can play at this level. Based on the folks recruiting him (all very low D1 programs), his intention to do a prep year and some comments I've seen on the Trove, the experts don't think this kid has it this year at this level. Everyone says he is a great kid but not a D1 player. We need another guard that can handle the ball and compete at this level this year. We only have two, so you want to take a flier on a kid that all the experts say is not ready at this level? Remember Freddie Wilson?

I would take this kid. I like him.

Freddie Wilson? How about 75% of KW's recruits?

It's a bit late in the process to start being picky.

If he doesn't work out, oh well. Just another in a long line.

the same person also told me this morning that coaching staff was split on Anderson and Cobb and ultimately went with Anderson because he is older and thinks he can provide some leadership in the locker room (again take that for what is it worth).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT