ADVERTISEMENT

Rasheed Sulaimon

Seton Hall cannot go into the season with 3 guards. Plus Soffer could never be expected to handle the point. I have not seen Livingston play but at this point in time, I think you have to consider him. Who else is out there that can play PG? Wow, the more I think about this program, the worse it gets.

it would behoove you to not watch SHU bball this coming season. Blind followers can make up reasoning to defend that we might look ok out there, but it's obvious to anyone with any bball acumen that we are going to stick it up all season, barring some miraculous secret development from Anthony, Singh, Anderson & Whitehead.

we're at a point where beggars can't be choosers. We should be all over this kid.

I always go back to Donald Copeland; a kid coming out of HS who was a good but not great HS player but ended up being a solid 4 year player for us.
we're at a point where beggars can't be choosers. We should be all over this kid.

I always go back to Donald Copeland; a kid coming out of HS who was a good but not great HS player but ended up being a solid 4 year player for us.

I always go back to Sean Grennan and Freddie Wilson. Copeland was an all state player out of St. Anthony. He was just not heavily recruited. Another poster mentioned Paul Gauss. He was under recruited because he more known as a football player plus his height did not help. You guys are grasping at straws which is commendable for your love of SHU. It is just not realistic. Bottom line is Willard got us into this mess and he is getting desperate. He is going to fill our roster with garbage and no open spots for our next coach. That is going to go a long way with our next coach. Keeping Willard this year will set us back prob 5 years.

I would take this kid. I like him.

Freddie Wilson? How about 75% of KW's recruits?

It's a bit late in the process to start being picky.

If he doesn't work out, oh well. Just another in a long line.
I would take this kid. I like him.

Freddie Wilson? How about 75% of KW's recruits?

It's a bit late in the process to start being picky.

If he doesn't work out, oh well. Just another in a long line.

If he doesn't work out oh well??? Let's tie up a ship for four years with a player that most bball experts say is not a D1 talent. Even RU passed on him and you want him here because of his coach's quotes? Who by the way does not like Seton Hall. Pass. If we don't do better and get desperate in a month I guarantee the kid is still available. Big picture the roster is incomplete again.

If he doesn't work out oh well??? Let's tie up a ship for four years with a player that most bball experts say is not a D1 talent. Even RU passed on him and you want him here because of his coach's quotes? Who by the way does not like Seton Hall. Pass. If we don't do better and get desperate in a month I guarantee the kid is still available. Big picture the roster is incomplete again.

I was not aware that Collichio did not like us.

Really? I've never heard that. Here's a story that describes him as "humble" and quotes Coach Colicchio: "He's a great kid. He's a full qualifier. He has a 3.8 GPA." I've read another story where Colicchio praises the family, so that wouldn't seem to be a problem.

Perhaps you are thinking of a different kid? Just asking.
He got thrown off the Duke team for reasons you would not want him here. He's not the same kid that came out of high school. Coach K threw him off the bus, a first at Duke.

Otis Livingston is D1 talent. Yeah, he's small, but he "got it." I don't know whether he is right for SHU, but he is prepping so forget about it for the time being.

Coaches will eventually wish they grabbed him out of high school. I am certain about very few things in basketball, but I am certain about that.

Seton Hall is going to be kicking themselves on Livingston. I expect after his prep year lots of better schools are going to be recruiting him and Seton Hall will have missed the boat at that point. If I were Seton Hall I'd offer him right now and hope he bites, because by the time he looks like a high major player it'll be too late. JMO

PauleGausse
First name that came to my mind was Paul Gause who, if I remember correctly, Orr picked up very late when no one else wanted him. Not saying this kid is Gause, I have never seen him play. Just that the situation seems similar.
Paul Gausse was a very, very good basketball player in high school... surprised if no else wanted him.

Looking at his Rivals page PG had offers from Cincinnati, James Madison, and Middle Tennessee St and Orr picked him up in May. I think it was a combination in his case of being under 6 ft, playing for a very small South Jersey school, and the idea that he was focused primarily on football. Again, never seen Livingston play and I'm sure they are different players, just the situation it reminded me most of.

You need a good kid like Anderson in the lockeroom because you need the kids to manage the room because the coach is clueless on how to do it!

All I can tell you is I have seen Otis play 10-15 times. He led Linden to the Union County Championship and was the highest rated public school in the state. They were upset in the Group IV semis by Paterson Eastside. Otis is a true point guard who averaged 8 assists per game. I think Linden probably played the toughest schedule in the state. He is probably 5'!1" to 6' tall. He led LHS to 2 wins out of the 3 times they played Roselle Catholic. In the UCT final he actually outplayed Isaiah Briscoe. He is very smart in running a team. He supposedly has a 3.8 gpa. I was hoping that RU would have recruited him but apparently that did not. I know Phil can not believe that Otis wasn't recruited by more D-1 schools. The kid is very calm all the time and is extremely humble. I also heard he will probably go the prep route but I just hope he can wind up at a bigger name school than the 4 schools that have offered. I also feel that some teams will regret not recruiting him if he blows up at a prep school. He was selected as one of the top 5 players in the entire state by the Star Ledger as he made first team All State for all groups. He probably will need to get a little stronger but he can play.

Reactions: Woah Bundy
All I can tell you is I have seen Otis play 10-15 times. He led Linden to the Union County Championship and was the highest rated public school in the state. They were upset in the Group IV semis by Paterson Eastside. Otis is a true point guard who averaged 8 assists per game. I think Linden probably played the toughest schedule in the state. He is probably 5'!1" to 6' tall. He led LHS to 2 wins out of the 3 times they played Roselle Catholic. In the UCT final he actually outplayed Isaiah Briscoe. He is very smart in running a team. He supposedly has a 3.8 gpa. I was hoping that RU would have recruited him but apparently that did not. I know Phil can not believe that Otis wasn't recruited by more D-1 schools. The kid is very calm all the time and is extremely humble. I also heard he will probably go the prep route but I just hope he can wind up at a bigger name school than the 4 schools that have offered. I also feel that some teams will regret not recruiting him if he blows up at a prep school. He was selected as one of the top 5 players in the entire state by the Star Ledger as he made first team All State for all groups. He probably will need to get a little stronger but he can play.

SHU didn't want Mel Knight's kids because they were too small. We saw how that worked out!

I've seen Livingston play about 8 times, and will add that he
- shoots very well (uncanny shot that has the same form and accuracy and perfect backspin whether from 5 or 20 feet or the foul line).
- plays hard all the time, which shows up especially on defense.
- dribbles amazingly through traffic, just inches beyond the defenders hands (will he be able to do that in the BE?).
- has great reactive instincts to turn the best way to avoid attacking defenders.
- just missed a dunk off the top of the rim in one game, so he's got some hops.
- has the respect of other kids on other teams--they think he's the man at point guard.

I'm pretty certain I have poor hs scouting skills compared to the various D-I staffs', so that fact, and Livingston's size, are the only things making me doubt him. Having said that, I just don't understand why not even one high D-I school is taking a chance on him. He does everything about as well as a high school 6-footer can do, no flaws.

Donald Copeland was also first team All State.

Rasheed Sulaimon: 'I've never done anything like this in my life'

i
Jeff Goodman

Former Duke guard Rasheed Sulaimon denied that he had committed a sexual assault and said that his dismissal from the Blue Devils in January was for a separate matter.

"Me being dismissed from the team had nothing to do with this allegation," Sulaimon said in his first public comments since being dismissed by coach Mike Krzyzewski. He did not specify what the reason was, though he said he was frustrated and could have handled the situation better.

i

Rasheed Sulaimon (right) is considering several schools to transfer to once he graduates from Duke. Brad Penner/USA TODAY Sports

"I have never sexually assaulted, not only anyone on the Duke campus, but anyone period," he said. "It's not in my nature at all. I have great respect for the role of women in society. I would never demean or do anything to a woman in this manner. No, I've never done anything like this in my life.".....................

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...es-assault-says-dismissal-was-separate-matter

Singh is a SF known for his shooting. I expect to see him play some or a lot of 2G, like Fu did his Sr year.

Not sure Dick. I haven't seen him play in about a year but if memory serves he does not have guard skills short of his jumper.

Not quite as bad as Virginia Tech passing on Dell Curry's kids but not good either.
Passing on Brevin kind of made sense as we had D Hurley and Caver at the time and I really don't remember people saying Brevin was better than either. And I clearly remember people saying Pitt was reaching when they got Brandon, as few saw him as a high D1 player. Of course, the pundits and coaches were dead wrong both times. It would have been nice if sentimentality for an ex SHU guy's family got us to accidentally get two such terrific players. But it didn't, nor did great scouting or a hunch...

Not sure Dick. I haven't seen him play in about a year but if memory serves he does not have guard skills short of his jumper.
Yeah, I have the same impression. But neither did Fu. And someone is gonna give us minutes at the 2 besides Isaiah and Khadeen.

That's the teams weakness now. Depth behind Carrington and Whitehead. Who would have thunk it a year ago?

My guess is that Soffer and a target we are recruiting now will get first shot at the guard position.

That's the teams weakness now. Depth behind Carrington and Whitehead. Who would have thunk it a year ago?

My guess is that Soffer and a target we are recruiting now will get first shot at the guard position.
What do you mean that is the teams weakness? Do you mean its our biggest weakness? Because we have a weakness in just about every area now. Our frontcourt depth problem didnt just disappear because we now have a backcourt depth problem.

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
What do you mean that is the teams weakness? Do you mean its our biggest weakness? Because we have a weakness in just about every area now. Our frontcourt depth problem didnt just disappear because we now have a backcourt depth problem.

Other than at guard, forward, center, coaching, and administration, where else is Seton Hall's weakness??

When Soffer first committed to SH the conventional wisdom on this Board and among his local sports media was that he was a player who would need time to develop all the skills necessary ( other then his shooting) to make a meaningful contribution and not to expect much from him his first year and now people are suggesting he's part of the solution to our lack of depth at the guard position. Do we want a repeat of the TM saga where a player is forced on the court before he's ready for it. That's unfair to the player and unfortunately it's happened too often under Willard.

Chill out and stop taking every comment as a personal affront!

Getting sick and tired of your act!

Reactions: hall_fan
Youre getting sick and tired of Seton Hall basketball, not my act.

Thanks for clearing that up.

You are the worst of posters. Always taking any chance you can get to deliver a cheap shot at someone from the Hall or a poster on this board. Your act is a tired one. You add nothing to this site. Maybe it's time you went elsewhere to massage your ego!

Dan, don't temp him.... There's going to be reddit board that gives all of the SHU info out for free, remember?

I didnt say there was going to be one, i said you could make one for free and do all of the same things you do here. Of course if you didnt make some of it exclusive then there wouldnt be an insider crowd thats fed complete BS for the entire year and cant wait the extra day or for official info to go public.

Thanks for clearing that up.

You are the worst of posters. Always taking any chance you can get to deliver a cheap shot at someone from the Hall or a poster on this board. Your act is a tired one. You add nothing to this site. Maybe it's time you went elsewhere to massage your ego!

How am i the worst of posters? I have no ego, its the internet. I dont go home every night and count my internet points. I dont sugarcoat things. I dont cheap shot any posters. If you thought that was a cheapshot than im sorry. I just want to keep this board in the real world. That statement was sugarcoating the situation and SPK was nice enough to bring us back to reality.

My act is observing Seton Hall basketball and commenting on it. Its not my act that is tired, its Seton Hall basketball that is tired. I offer just as much as anybody to this board, but at least what I say matches what we see.

Dan, can you really blame anyone for the negative comments at this point? Literally every bit of news that comes out of the program is bad in some way. Good players leaving, bad ones coming in, radio silence about the elephant in the room from the people in charge. You can't expect people to not use this board to vent about that stuff, or as athlete did, point out that we have MASSSIVE weaknesses all over the court, not just at guard depth.

Dan, can you really blame anyone for the negative comments at this point? Literally every bit of news that comes out of the program is bad in some way. Good players leaving, bad ones coming in, radio silence about the elephant in the room from the people in charge. You can't expect people to not use this board to vent about that stuff, or as athlete did, point out that we have MASSSIVE weaknesses all over the court, not just at guard depth.
SOSO, HO HUM zzzzzz......

Willard's best recruit/transfer here was Gibbs and he couldn't even keep him here for the duration. How on Earth is anyone supposed to be happy with this program.right now? It's a complete and utter joke but the administration accepts us for being league doormats so I guess I /and the fans have to accept it. Wonderful....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT