ADVERTISEMENT

RELAX people.......

Completely agree, #3 in the nation, Senior Day, first conference title in 20 years...I'm hoping for 2 wins before The Garden Party! Go Pirates!

The team just lost by 25 and 30. The coach was demoralized on the postgame, talked about soul searching.

They’re not robots. I hope they can flick a switch but Villanova has owned us and are the hot team.

The concern has to be if Nova comes out and punches us in the nose.

That’s the thing. It isn’t just a loss. It’s the complete dismantling of this team this week. Non competitive.

I hate the metrics as much as anyone, but the optics….theyre just as bad.

RELAX, pretend our season is 0-0 and our 1st 2 home games are nova and depaul........ and thats it.......
I’ll no longer convinced that’s enough to get us in. Reason is the number of blowout losses we’ve had in conference…5.

That’s not easy to do when you figure there are two teams that are practically automatic wins.

So 5 blowout losses against the remaining 8 teams…Then to still make a case that we’re tourney worthy…is tougher than it was a week ago.

Reactions: Hall-O-Daze
I am not relaxed. I am certain we stay home if we lose on Wednesday and i am not al all confident. Gotta look like you belong.

Reactions: Jerry1992
We are 5-5 on the road which is fine. Nonetheless, the losses are awful.....Xavier 20; Marquette 18; Nova 26; Creighton 21; UCONN 30.

Sha is 10-10 on the road in his first 2 seasons which is good. Nonetheless, the 10 losses are by 16.7 avg. It is just unacceptable. We have been non competitive in most of these road losses.

Reactions: chickenbox
The committee will always do everything possible to find ways to keep us out. They will never fight to put us in. And their easy reasoning will be that outside of our 2 big wins we have been a mediocre team for 95% of the season. Either we win our next 2 regular season games and 2 in the BET we’re gonna be in the NIT.

• Haha
Reactions: TheHall87
The committee will always do everything possible to find ways to keep us out. They will never fight to put us in. And their easy reasoning will be that outside of our 2 big wins we have been a mediocre team for 95% of the season. Either we win our next 2 regular season games and 2 in the BET we’re gonna be in the NIT.

Lol. Completely laughable post.

Optics matter. They haven’t just looked like a non-tourney team, they haven’t even looked close in these past two.

If they lose against VU, DePaul, or first BET game, no one will be keeping them out but themselves.

Finishing 20-11, 13-7 probably gets us above these conversations in terms of getting in. We’re probably a 10-seed though, not great.

But if are in these conversations I don’t like our chances.

Reactions: chickenbox
Dreaded Wednesday 630 start and students I believe are on break. Gonna be dead student section especially for a fair weather group.

Bottom line, we were were just dismantled by two teams that had 4-5 times as much money to buy a team as we did this past season. Wed, we will be facing a similar situation.

Free agency will be the ruination of the sport for all but those that can afford to 'stay in the game'.

That's why I posted in other threads if we do not help Sha out we will fall to the depths of the conference.

Don't like what you saw this year with DePaul and Georgetown. That will be us if Pirate Nation doesn't do its part.

I'm all in. I hope you guys are too.

13-7 gets you in. 12-8 normally does as well, but we shall see, either way looks like well play NOVA 2x in a week

13-7 gets you in. 12-8 normally does as well, but we shall see, either way looks like well play NOVA 2x in a week
If I did it correctly, I think SJU has the inside track to 5th place. They own the tiebreaker over Nova and will go 2-0, playing DePaul and Georgetown to finish 11-9. Nova has us and Creighton. They would have to win both to avoid going to a tiebreaker with SJU.

I am not relaxed. I am certain we stay home if we lose on Wednesday and i am not al all confident. Gotta look like you belong.
For what it's worth at the start of the game one of the things that I thought was that you guys definitely look like a tournament team. When we're on, we can be a lot and I think you got worn down by the end of the game. The big east is a tough conference, and I think you will surprise a lot of teams who aren't used to that level of physicality and intensity. You just need to take care of business at home and you are there.

Last edited:
For what it's worth at the start of the game one of the things that I thought was that you guys definitely look like a tournament team. When we're on, we can be a lot and I think you got worn down by the end of the game. The big east is a tough conference, and I think you will surprise a lot of teams who aren't used to that level of physicality and intensity. You just need to take care of business at home and there.
Danny loved running up the score. And we did little to interfere with him getting his jollies. Nothing wrong with him doing that. His prerogative.

I’m not sure this is really a relax type situation. At this point, we may very well have to win three games in a row just to secure a spot in the dance. Right now, this team doesn’t look capable of doing that.

Reactions: Jerry1992
For what it's worth at the start of the game one of the things that I thought was that you guys definitely look like a tournament team. When we're on, we can be a lot and I think you got worn down by the end of the game. The big east is a tough conference, and I think you will surprise a lot of teams who aren't used to that level of physicality and intensity. You just need to take care of business at home and you are there.
Two different issues. First UConn is a great team with NBA talent playing in a terrific atmosphere. Your coach is dialed in and doesn't miss a trick. Schooled well by his dad and PJ. They play like PJ's teams of the early 90's.

Second, Seton Hall melts against talented big boy teams on the road. Dre Davis is the one guy that understands the mentality you need to play in a game like that. For me he's Sha's best recruit. No matter how well-oiled a machine UConn is, there is absolutely no excuse for the level of play we watched at Creighton and UConn this week. I believe we will beat Villanova and DePaul. At that point I feel we should be in, winning 13 of 20 conference games. The pundits may try to say our 4/5 game is an elimination game, hopefully that's not the case.

UConn neat Nova and Marquette by a combined over 50 points. The effort was disappointing, but not that shocking.

BTW, if every game of the season counts equally, Creighton and Seton Hall split with UConn. No one else.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT