ADVERTISEMENT

RELAX people.......

That’s the thing. It isn’t just a loss. It’s the complete dismantling of this team this week. Non competitive.

I hate the metrics as much as anyone, but the optics….theyre just as bad.
SHU 4 assists;11 turnovers

UConn 23 assists;5 turnovers

That says it all.

Two different issues. First UConn is a great team with NBA talent playing in a terrific atmosphere. Your coach is dialed in and doesn't miss a trick. Schooled well by his dad and PJ. They play like PJ's teams of the early 90's.

Second, Seton Hall melts against talented big boy teams on the road. Dre Davis is the one guy that understands the mentality you need to play in a game like that. For me he's Sha's best recruit. No matter how well-oiled a machine UConn is, there is absolutely no excuse for the level of play we watched at Creighton and UConn this week. I believe we will beat Villanova and DePaul. At that point I feel we should be in, winning 13 of 20 conference games. The pundits may try to say our 4/5 game is an elimination game, hopefully that's not the case.
Dre Davis is a warrior.

There are no classes. Summer break
All we ever hear is we are a commuter school and NJ based. Students need to show or give their tickets away.

My friends and I would sometimes make 3 trips back to my school during a break for games.

And it was much more work than a 15 minute bus ride.

Last edited:
Danny loved running up the score. And we did little to interfere with him getting his jollies. Nothing wrong with him doing that. His prerogative.
Yeah I don’t think that’s a thing. He didn’t run it up.

Look I can get just as Jacked against UConn fans, but they were just doing a good job rooting on their team.

Danny did not run up the score in my mind…nor would he against us.

People here treat him badly, but, Danny was a Pirate, met the love of his life here, and sent his first child here.

My goodness people…embrace him.

Do I want to beat him as the UConn coach? Of course!! That’s what competition is all about.

But…. Deep down he is a Pirate.

You know what…That’s pretty cool.

I know I for one, celebrated his national championship win last year.

If we continue to perform at home as we have after every road blowout, we should be fine. Three road blowouts were each followed by three home wins. GO PIRATES!!!
Let's hope so.We will be home dags to Nova.Two teams heading in different directions.

Take your blue glasses off pal. Go ahead and explain why my post is laughable…

The committee doesn't fight for or against teams. It's that simple. Each team is evaluated on its resume.

Amazing how some of you think there is some imaginary bias against Seton Hall out there. All I can do is shake my head at the stupidity.

SHU 4 assists;11 turnovers

UConn 23 assists;5 turnovers

That says it all.
Not sure I can ever recall a college team with only 4 assists. This screams too much one on one - as well as the gang that can't shoot straight.

Up to coaches and players to watch film and clean up this mess up fast. No amount of defense is going to solve for putrid offense. Just look at Willard and Maryland. Worst 3-point shooting team in the Big 10, but a pretty good defensive team. At the end of the day, the peach baskets were meant for a ball to go in.

We've seen good offense from this team before. Rewind and watch, and watch again.

If we continue to perform at home as we have after every road blowout, we should be fine. Three road blowouts were each followed by three home wins. GO PIRATES!!!
We've certainly had plenty of practice getting blown out. Might be time to find a new motivational technique.

Here's the exception that proves the rule. After losing to Baylor by 18 we lost at home to RU the next game..

Yeah I don’t think that’s a thing. He didn’t run it up.

Look I can get just as Jacked against UConn fans, but they were just doing a good job rooting on their team.

Danny did not run up the score in my mind…nor would he against us.

People here treat him badly, but, Danny was a Pirate, met the love of his life here, and sent his first child here.

My goodness people…embrace him.

Do I want to beat him as the UConn coach? Of course!! That’s what competition is all about.

But…. Deep down he is a Pirate.

You know what…That’s pretty cool.

I know I for one, celebrated his national championship win last year.
He ran up the score not to embarrass us. He ran it up to make a statement that they are the undisputed king. Nothing to do with us and we put up no blocks to it.

Reactions: chickenbox
Lol, he went pretty deep into the bench early and often.
Again. There is a palpable inability to comprehend here at times. Had nothing to do with embarrassing us. Big time you know what swinging statement by Hurley. He expects UConn to be number one in metrics and wants a number one overall seed in the dance. Blow out of likely NCAA team only helps. Of course not to sure we’re still that.

I don't care how many times Nova beat us. This the most important game to be played.
If we are not up to the challenge then we don't deserve to win.
If we give 110 % , that's all I ask.

Reactions: mbraue
I don't care how many times Nova beat us. This the most important game to be played.
If we are not up to the challenge then we don't deserve to win.
If we give 110 % , that's all I ask.
Effort, focus, concentration are so important. But we need to be smart. To be honest, I do not understand why coach apparently has not devised some plays for this team to deal with/adjust to defenses that pack the lane. We just keep doing the same thing over and over again. The rest of the conference has designed defenses to exploit our offensive weaknesses. Meanwhile, our teamwork has diminished in the past few games with fewer assists, less ball movement, less off-ball movement, etc.

Absolutely agree. Clingan played 2/3 of what other starters played: a little more than half the game. They could have beaten us by 50.
They ran and shot all game. It wasn’t until very very late that they burned the clock. He wanted to win by a boat load and he did. And it was to move metrics and their ncaa seeding. Not faulting him. It moved UConn from 4 to 3 in the Net. If they beat us by 12 I doubt they move. They can only go so far up but it matters. I’m sure he’d like to end season as 1

Its very hard to win on the road against any team in the Big East
Its very hard to win against any team on Senior Night
Its very hard to win at number 3 in the country.
Its very hard to beat a team twice in a year.

Im not saying it cant be done but its very hard to do, no matter what team you are.

Its very hard to win on the road against any team in the Big East
Its very hard to win against any team on Senior Night
Its very hard to win at number 3 in the country.
Its very hard to beat a team twice in a year.

Im not saying it cant be done but its very hard to do, no matter what team you are.
Point 1 - True....but don't lose by 30
Point 2 - False....we all know what happened in Myles Powell's last game at home
Point 3 - True....but don't lose by 30
Point 4 - False...and even if true, don't lose by 30.

The one thing i will say is we are not the first team to have our doors blown off at UCONN.

Reactions: SPK145
einstein.jpg

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." not Albert Einstein

Different versions of this quote appear everywhere (doing the same thing twice, expecting the same result, etc.), and we owe none of them to Einstein.

After Michael Becker, an editor at the Bozeman Daily Chronicle (a local paper in Montana), let the wrong version slide into an editorial, he did some research on his personal blog.

Becker traced the original back to Rita Mae Brown, the mystery novelist. In her 1983 book "Sudden Death," she attributes the quote to a fictional "Jane Fulton," writing, "Unfortunately, Susan didn’t remember what Jane Fulton once said. 'Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.'"

They ran and shot all game. It wasn’t until very very late that they burned the clock. He wanted to win by a boat load and he did. And it was to move metrics and their ncaa seeding. Not faulting him. It moved UConn from 4 to 3 in the Net. If they beat us by 12 I doubt they move. They can only go so far up but it matters. I’m sure he’d like to end season as 1
Lol, what exactly were you expecting? Connecticut to walk up the ball all game?

For what it's worth at the start of the game one of the things that I thought was that you guys definitely look like a tournament team. When we're on, we can be a lot and I think you got worn down by the end of the game. The big east is a tough conference, and I think you will surprise a lot of teams who aren't used to that level of physicality and intensity. You just need to take care of business at home and you are there.
I read here often about DP and GU dragging us down. But as I see it we have 9 teams that can beat you. 4 gimmes out of 20.

I read here often about DP and GU dragging us down. But as I see it we have 9 teams that can beat you. 4 gimmes out of 20.
Depaul is dreadful and Georgetown isn't all that much better, but overall, you get a nice mix of teams with different styles of play, and overall a higher level of physicality.

Hurley and Newton both said that winning the big east regular season may be more difficult than winning a national championship. I don't know if I agree with that, but the point that it's a tough conference is a valid one.

Reactions: IronKaz1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT