ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers

Rutgers (13-10, 5-7) is at #89 in the NET today. If they can get to 75 or better our Q3 loss vanishes. 👍

They’ve got Northwesten at home tonight then at Minnesota next. Winnable.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Rutgers (13-10, 5-7) is at #89 in the NET today. If they can get to 75 or better our Q3 loss vanishes. 👍

They’ve got Northwesten at home tonight then at Minnesota next. Winnable.
This may sound crazy... or paranoid... or both. However, with them being in the B10 (and knowing the Committee loves the B10 and has previously sent .500 and sub-.500 B10 teams with a 9-11 B10 record into the tournament), I want Rutgers as far away from the bubble as possible. 2 more wins for them with a better NET ranking, they would be 15-10 (7-7) and I'm guessing their NET ranking would move even closer to ours... plus they beat us (obviously). Them somehow getting into the tournament and us not... would hurt me a lot more than a Q3 loss. As crazy as it is, 2 more wins and they are direct competition for an at-large bid.

This may sound crazy... or paranoid... or both. However, with them being in the B10 (and knowing the Committee loves the B10 and has previously sent .500 and sub-.500 B10 teams with a 9-11 B10 record into the tournament), I want Rutgers as far away from the bubble as possible. 2 more wins for them with a better NET ranking, they would be 15-10 (7-7) and I'm guessing their NET ranking would move even closer to ours... plus they beat us (obviously). Them somehow getting into the tournament and us not... would hurt me a lot more than a Q3 loss. As crazy as it is, 2 more wins and they are direct competition for an at-large bid.
Rutgers is NOT making the Dance unless they run the table in the BIG Ten tourney.

It's extremely unlikely that if Rutgers goes on a winning streak that they will be the reason we don't make it in... but them winning and changing the perception of a "bad" loss would certainly help us if we're on the bubble.
Them winning is good. Them winning the bt tourney bad.

Reactions: Merge
I still say Rutgers should keep winning and eliminate that ugly Q3 loss. We have a win over UConn. They don’t. Just don’t beat Purdue or it’s a wash.

Reactions: chickenbox
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT