ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers

In my humble view, in previous years when we won against Rutgers, we always were dragged down by their performance. In the seasons we lose to Rutgers, like this one, we're dragged down by their performance. As long as we play them, win or lose, we're dragged down by them. I wish we would schedule a different team, but to make local media happy and other reasons, we don't and will always have the issue to talk about.

I would hope to have pulled out a win against USC but we were a different team at that time. Just keep going and winning what we are supposed to and hopefully sneak a win against heavily favored conference teams. Hopefully our previous wins against the ranked teams and other good wins outweigh that loss. Go Pirates!

In my humble view, in previous years when we won against Rutgers, we always were dragged down by their performance. In the seasons we lose to Rutgers, like this one, we're dragged down by their performance. As long as we play them, win or lose, we're dragged down by them. I wish we would schedule a different team, but to make local media happy and other reasons, we don't and will always have the issue to talk about.

I would hope to have pulled out a win against USC but we were a different team at that time. Just keep going and winning what we are supposed to and hopefully sneak a win against heavily favored conference teams. Hopefully our previous wins against the ranked teams and other good wins outweigh that loss. Go Pirates!
Willard would have pulled the plug if he could. Sha would never. Rutgers has been better than usual in recent years. Next year should hopefully be a Q1 opportunity at their place with the reinforcements they have coming in to play.

Frustrating that one of the worst 3pt shooting teams in the country (#339) had such a ridiculous outlier game against us, but that also kind of shows where our 3pt defense was at the time.

They shoot 28.4% from 3 on the season, they shot a season high (by far) 50% on 24 attempts against us.

Year to date (though 20 games), over 10% of their made 3s on the season came in the game against us.

Maybe their 5 stars will wake up decommit and come to a place that will help them grow.

If only NIL wasn't a factor

Reactions: PirateFan94
Maybe their 5 stars will wake up decommit and come to a place that will help them grow.

If only NIL wasn't a factor
I agree with you cams555, and hear ya HallisLife. That NIL factor is creating chaos for all teams as we saw during the off-season. After last year, I'm afraid to count any chickens not only before hatching, but until they're deep fried on my kitchen table looking at me.

Reactions: HallX2
We stunk in the ooc. We dont stink anymore. Which is why to me Sha is COY.

I think there is actually some satisfaction and comfort to be taken from all this.

Consider: if we regain the level of play before Richmond’s injury, we will end up by far being their best win. Yet, it won’t get them into the tournament. They’re already dead. Also, they will probably be by far our worst loss. Yet, it will not stop us from dancing.

There’s power in that. We spot them their best win of the season, and they’re still screwed because they’re a bad team. Meanwhile we take them as our worst loss and still persevere. It proves how lowly they are, and how good we are. Just goes to show we are the better New Jersey program.

• Love
Reactions: Levirgo
Rutgers has about 2 big ten caliber players on their roster. Pikiell is being exposed as nothing more than an average coach. His recrutiing is terrible, and he has been completely saved by NIL. If next years class wasn't so great then I would say he would be on the hot seat- if they underperform like this next year who knows. Rutgers is an embarassment right now to college basketball

I like how every Rutgers fans are having high expectations next year, but in this day and age you really can’t expect inexperienced freshman to lead your team.

SHU has one of the most experienced teams in the country which definitely counts for the turn around.

Rutgers has about 2 big ten caliber players on their roster. Pikiell is being exposed as nothing more than an average coach. His recrutiing is terrible, and he has been completely saved by NIL. If next years class wasn't so great then I would say he would be on the hot seat- if they underperform like this next year who knows. Rutgers is an embarassment right now to college basketball
This is extreme. He lost Spencer and Mulcahy last minute and had no time to replace them. That’s 2 of his starting 5 and veteran players that know his system to boot.

Believe me I’m no RU defender by any means but to say he wasn’t dealt a raw deal this year isn’t being fair. To also say that he’d be on the hot seat if it wasn’t for next year’s class is crazy. He was a bad play away from taking them to the Sweet 16 in 2021 and went back to the tournament in 2022. This is Rutgers we’re talking about. He’s highly respected and has done a good job.

I believe he has not one, but TWO, of the top 3 rated incoming freshmen in the country next year. If he can't make the tourney next year with that recruiting class, he may very well be on his way out.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
I like how every Rutgers fans are having high expectations next year, but in this day and age you really can’t expect inexperienced freshman to lead your team.

SHU has one of the most experienced teams in the country which definitely counts for the turn around.
This is especially true since for years Rutgers has had a terrible offensive system.
This is extreme. He lost Spencer and Mulcahy last minute and had no time to replace them. That’s 2 of his starting 5 and veteran players that know his system to boot.

Believe me I’m no RU defender by any means but to say he wasn’t dealt a raw deal this year isn’t being fair. To also say that he’d be on the hot seat if it wasn’t for next year’s class is crazy. He was a bad play away from taking them to the Sweet 16 in 2021 and went back to the tournament in 2022. This is Rutgers we’re talking about. He’s highly respected and has done a good job.
he lost them I agree, but he also brought in transfers who have been terrible and his vaunted recruit is either way in over his head or being completely mismanaged. Not entirely sure but Griffith does not look good.

I would say Mag, Hyatt, and Cliff are really the only B10 caliber players at the moment.

And I think the Mulcahy thing is more of trying to over recruit him by going hard after Noah Fernandez, so I blame Pikie for that one. For Spencer I’d give him a pass.

Still a terrible, terrible job by him all year

• Haha
Reactions: silkcitypirate
You can just put the period after the word embarrassment.

Reactions: nutterforthree
This is especially true since for years Rutgers has had a terrible offensive system.

he lost them I agree, but he also brought in transfers who have been terrible and his vaunted recruit is either way in over his head or being completely mismanaged. Not entirely sure but Griffith does not look good.

I would say Mag, Hyatt, and Cliff are really the only B10 caliber players at the moment.

And I think the Mulcahy thing is more of trying to over recruit him by going hard after Noah Fernandez, so I blame Pikie for that one. For Spencer I’d give him a pass.

Still a terrible, terrible job by him all year
Maybe there's a love triangle

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
RU is going to be good next year. Two lottery picks virtually guarantees it.
If you’re a lottery pick you have your choice of schools. Why would you waste that choice on Rutgers!? That’s like choosing liver and onions with lima beans when you could have filet mignon and lobster tail! In this case you aren’t even getting any bacon with your liver and onions either, instead you just have anchovies heaped on top and your meal is cold.

If those two are any good they can get better NIL money and go to a real school elsewhere.

• Haha
Reactions: silkcitypirate
I detest playing this game every year. While I naturally wish to grind them to dust when we play them, that's only out of self-preservation as a loss to them inevitably destroys our OOC resume. I don't care what anyone says, this "rivalry" offers nothing positive for us, and we should be more concerned about what's best for the program instead of what a bunch of casuals and media types are interested in seeing.

At best, it's extra revenue every other season. Would be happy to move on from this series and retire that trophy. I'd rather focus and the time and energy in trying to reignite a "rivalry" with St. Johns.

They’re having an off year. But the last few years they have been a good OOC foe in terms of NET

They’re having an off year. But the last few years they have been a good OOC foe in terms of NET
Win and you should, lose and you put your postseason in jeopardy. They really add nothing. It’s their national championship, they want to beat big brother. However, it’s not our responsibility to make Rutgers feel like they belong at this level.

Reactions: Levirgo
Win and you should, lose and you put your postseason in jeopardy. They really add nothing. It’s their national championship, they want to beat big brother. However, it’s not our responsibility to make Rutgers feel like they belong at this level.

SHU was flatter than a pancake in the RU game in December. They made a very bad Rutgers team look good. It was a horrible loss. But i believe Sha learned from it

Good comeback by Rutgers, but Michigan not only looks like a bad team, but one that is absolutely mailing it in. Some bad teams try and are just outclassed. Michigan just looks horrible. Starts from the top.

Reactions: Piratz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT