ADVERTISEMENT

Sanogo

Heavy price? We had an asst for a year who quit, and we got another starter by the association. Sign me up for this again next summer.
We lost Sina,and Gibbs, Dick. And the whole damn season last year because of locker room trouble. And now we don't have a point guard who can run a team offense.
That's to me is a heavy price.
Forget Tiny- though a wasted pay check- he was a non-event.

I have a hard time remembering a SHU player who has made such a dramatic improvement between his Freshman and Sophomore years.

Off topic but that would be a fun thread/discussion.

I would be very surprised if he is available to play tomorrow, unless it wasn't really a dislocation or subluxation but a strain/sprain.

We lost Sina,and Gibbs, Dick. And the whole damn season last year because of locker room trouble. And now we don't have a point guard who can run a team offense.

I think the two transfers bore most of the blame for the dissension among the ranks. They both were very selfish players who have a strong history of bailing from their teams.

Reactions: Burnsly
It depends. Some people are more skeletally immature than others, and at higher risk for recurrence. I'm sure he will be treated conservatively. He could return sooner than later (safely) in a brace like Mobley wore, but it really restricts getting your arm over your head, so you become a one-armed rebounder/player.

There's a lot of variability, obviously, and without knowing the details of the case, I'd say a safe estimate is that we lose him for about a month, with this week dedicated to rest, icing and gentle range of motion, progressing into shoulder stabilization exercises, and avoidance of situations that put him at risk. It was a freak play.

Hey, Donnie, you know your stuff. What kind of exercise would you recommend for sore rotator cuff? I have two painful ones that I apparently caused by poor form on a gym cable machine. Ibuprofen helps but is there anything I can do to strengthen them? My email (if that's easier) is tawblpaul@yahoo.com

How about Gordon Winchester?
If memory serves me correctly, he sat out frosh year under Prop 48 and his huge improvement was from soph to junior year. Any fellow oldtimers who can confirm or correct what I reall?

Hey, Donnie, you know your stuff. What kind of exercise would you recommend for sore rotator cuff? I have two painful ones that I apparently caused by poor form on a gym cable machine. Ibuprofen helps but is there anything I can do to strengthen them? My email (if that's easier) is tawblpaul@yahoo.com
I will email you this weekend.

How about Gordon Winchester?
I would go with Ramon Ramos . From a kid who had weak hands , couldn't catch the ball and didn't know how to position himself he was an important piece beginning his soph year. My favorite player who went from an afterthought to a real player and leader from freshman to senior year is Donald Copeland and I see Ish the same way because of his work ethic and commitment to get better.

Reactions: HallB and SOBO1
Heard some good news about Sonogo at yesterday's game. He will be back sooner than later, likely wearing a brace.

Sina is not a huge loss. Sterling and he were not part of the problem I guess. I can tell you, the last few minutes Sina had on the court were the most embarrassing minutes I ever saw on the court. Desi for Sina is highway robbery in our favor. Sterling's antics were not good but for some reason most shu fans didn't care and not just his slugging the jova kid. Give me isaiah for the rest of his career vs one year of sterling. And who is to say he wouldn't have left anyway.

Really can't believe you would want to start sina. He would be my fourth guard.

Last edited:
Do you watch the game when the opponent has the ball?
I can see thinking Ish is a better defender, but not by a huge margin. Imo Ish does better on the smaller guys on switches but I don't see much difference when guarding a 4. Mike seems to finish better in close. Ish better on the dribble. Mike the better athlete. Given that mike sat out all last year I am impressed with how well he has started. Having these two guys for a few years along with the rest of the guys is pretty nice.

I can see thinking Ish is a better defender, but not by a huge margin. Imo Ish does better on the smaller guys on switches but I don't see much difference when guarding a 4. Mike seems to finish better in close. Ish better on the dribble. Mike the better athlete. Given that mike sat out all last year I am impressed with how well he has started. Having these two guys for a few years along with the rest of the guys is pretty nice.
Love them both.

And just as you have I've been signing the praises of Nzei since I saw him play an all star game in HS. BUT, Ish is a far, far, far better defender now. Not even close.

Are people really going to accept another year of nothing because the SEVENTH year might be something? My goodness, I need you all as my employer.

Ish and Nzei are both good surprises and its great we have both. I dont see either as a better player. I think its great we have both.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT