ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday

General_Tso

All American
Gold Member
Dec 30, 2009
I hope the department is doing everything they can to get tickets out for the game on Saturday. They should be selling available seats to alums for a serious discount, the most important thing is to get people to the game and creat the atmosphere we all want.

Anything under 8k would be a huge failure by SHU.

Reactions: mjs428
I'll be there plus 1.

But yes, agree.. We need 8k at this game, making noise.

Don't know if it'll happen.. Don't 'feel' much buzz around the program right now.

Beating GW would have added more buzz... Let's see what happens.

After last seasons performance, I feel many people want the team to prove it before people start going ga-ga.

Reactions: mjs428
I'll be there plus 1.

But yes, agree.. We need 8k at this game, making noise.

Don't know if it'll happen.. Don't 'feel' much buzz around the program right now.

Beating GW would have added more buzz... Let's see what happens.

After last seasons performance, I feel many people want the team to prove it before people start going ga-ga.
I'm shocked you didnt mention something about the Women's team.

Maybe you should go to a game? Or better yet stick to the topic of your own damn thread?

Na you just take your own thread off topic in order to mock a sport and a posters affinity for that team for no apparent reason. Makes sense.

Judging by many of your posts you seem like a know it all narcissist.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheBluePirate
I hope the students can get up in time to put on a great showing. I was very impressed with their turnout for the season's opener. I need to see us play well. That lollipop pass Sina threw when we were in front early that lead to a run-out dunk by Baker and made their arena erupt is too fresh in my mind (though if you told me it was Van Fleet I wouldn't be surprised...)

Maybe you should go to a game? Or better yet stick to the topic of your own damn thread?

Na you Just mock a sport and a posters affinity for that team for no apparent reason.

Judging by many of your posts you seem like a know it all narcissist.
I do know it all. I also know that it seems like someone can't take a joke.

I'd be suprised if there is anything over 6K. There just doesn't seem to be much juice with this program with the fanbase. It's gonna look bad on FOX w/that many empty seats.

I'm definitely concerned with the perception of playing in an empty arena on Fox's national network. I'm expecting a crowd of about 4,500.

I agree that the school should have done a better job promoting this game being it's on national tv and it's our biggest OOC home game since 2004. Too late now.

I'm definitely concerned with the perception of playing in an empty arena on Fox's national network. I'm expecting a crowd of about 4,500.

I agree that the school should have done a better job promoting this game being it's on national tv and it's our biggest OOC home game since 2004. Too late now.

Based on the ticketmaster seat map we probably need about another 1,000 to make it look good filling up directly behind the baskets. I convinced 4 other people to come. Let's all take some ownership of this program and try to get average NCAA basketball fans to attend. Anyone who fills out a bracket knows Wichita State is good. It's not the most difficult sell. If not the school should donate the tickets to some local Christmas groups to fill the place up and make Seton Hall look great on national tv.

Based on the ticketmaster seat map we probably need about another 1,000 to make it look good filling up directly behind the baskets. I convinced 4 other people to come. Let's all take some ownership of this program and try to get average NCAA basketball fans to attend. Anyone who fills out a bracket knows Wichita State is good. It's not the most difficult sell. If not the school should donate the tickets to some local Christmas groups to fill the place up and make Seton Hall look great on national tv.
Its not on us to take ownership of the program and try to fill seats. People are paid to do this and maybe they should spend their time figuring out how to get the young alumni in the building.

Reactions: HallLine69
Its not on us to take ownership of the program and try to fill seats. People are paid to do this and maybe they should spend their time figuring out how to get the young alumni in the building.
I don't disagree that the people getting paid to do this need to find a way to get younger people to the game, but the more we look mediocre, the harder it is going to be to climb out of that stigma.

Reactions: shupat08
but the more we look mediocre

Hard to blame the Marketing department. The program is going on 10 years of irrelevance.

We play a weak schedule with little juice, and boned our two chances this season of getting some headlines in sports media. The Marketing department didn't make the schedule, and didn't lose those games.

Not to mention we look worse than mediocre in our league. We were an estimated 7th or 8th place in preseason polls. That doesn't help you build buzz that something is happening in South Orange.

There's only one way to change the conversation, and that's take WSU by 20 on Saturday.

The most important thing is to win the game whether it's in front of 4,000 , 6,000 or 8,000 people . While you'll always have the hardcore fans who go to the game it's the occasional fan and the student body that's your target market and this game might not attract the number of those fans we want . But if we win it will make it hopefully easier to attract those fans to our conference games because,IMO , there still is a credibility gap that needs to be narrowed about how good this team can be. Beating WSU can close that gap and give this program a big boost.

Hard to blame the Marketing department. The program is going on 10 years of irrelevance.

We play a weak schedule with little juice, and boned our two chances this season of getting some headlines in sports media. The Marketing department didn't make the schedule, and didn't lose those games.

Not to mention we look worse than mediocre in our league. We were an estimated 7th or 8th place in preseason polls. That doesn't help you build buzz that something is happening in South Orange.

There's only one way to change the conversation, and that's take WSU by 20 on Saturday.

Forget about winning by 20. Winning by 1 would be enough to make me be ecstatic.

Have a great team and they'd be selling tickets online for more than face. And you could cut the marketing costs. And the giveaways, etc. Have more students apply and get more donations and on and on. Having a crummy team for so many years has cost the school millions. Oh , I'm bringing my son, driving 100 miles each way. See you all there. GO PIRATES!!

I will be there +1, the only question is when do the bars open pregame?

Dartmouth game had 6114 aid attendance. Why do we think 6K will be tough to reach?

Dartmouth game had 6114 aid attendance. Why do we think 6K will be tough to reach?

I was at St Peters game and announced attendance was 6,500 and trust me actual attendance was probably in the high 1,000s. I think it's very telling if this place is 1/3rd empty on Saturday vs. a very good Wichita team.

Would need many Wichita State fans to get there, is that possible?
WSU travels very well. For the Orlando tournament, the vast majority of the crowd was WSU fans. They all ended up Sad WSU fans after that week, but still were there supporting their team.

Getting the casual college basketball fan for this game might be tough. At the same time of our game, you have Duke-Utah in the Garden and UCLA-UNC in the the Barclays Center. Having said that, I'll be there +1 as usual.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT