ADVERTISEMENT

Say it proud

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
moCcHjx.jpeg

It has gotten the appropriate recognition - probably too much considering it is the NIT and that the team that won it is gone. There is little to no relevance between winning the NIT and the 2024/25 season. It's time to let this one fade.

It has gotten the appropriate recognition - probably too much considering it is the NIT and that the team that won it is gone. There is little to no relevance between winning the NIT and the 2024/25 season. It's time to let this one fade.
It is what is it. The NIT also thought we were the best team not in the NCAA.

We won the NIT to prove them right. It wasnt what we wanted, but if we think we got screwed, winning it all was out best retort.

Way to go Pirates!!

It is what is it. The NIT also thought we were the best team not in the NCAA.

We won the NIT to prove them right. It wasnt what we wanted, but if we think we got screwed, winning it all was out best retort.

Way to go Pirates!!
Nobody knows what the NIT really thought. We were the overall #1 seed with a bunch of teams opting out. Could they have though we were the best team not in the tournament, absolutely. Could they have thought we were third, absolutely. We were the #1 seed. We did what we were supposed to do. Nobody can take that away. The tournament just sucks because you have teams and players opting out.

Reactions: PROF Ed
I don't know how he does it but Shaheen keeps rolling out winning seasons! Am expecting another 20 win season despite player changes... You should too with Middleton better than Dawes and Coleman our next superstar...

Reactions: Bluebeard
Nobody knows what the NIT really thought. We were the overall #1 seed with a bunch of teams opting out. Could they have though we were the best team not in the tournament, absolutely. Could they have thought we were third, absolutely. We were the #1 seed. We did what we were supposed to do. Nobody can take that away. The tournament just sucks because you have teams and players opting out.
All I know is we were the number one seed. And I cannot think of one team that deserved it more than us.

NET
Indiana St - 29
SJU 32
Pitt 40
Wash 69
Cuse 84
Ole Miss 90
Indiana 98

Reactions: HallLine69
Yet many of the NIT games were actually more enjoyable to watch than the NCAA games. No matter how hard they unintentionally try to destroy CBB it's still wildly entertaining.
This. Games were fun to watch and have as a fan. Great for the staff and players that they won, because once you decide to play in a tournament like that you better be all in, otherwise there is no point. None of that needs to be downplayed at all. Where this topic went off the rails, as usual, was folks trying to pump up meaning beyond that, like that it was going to result in this massive uptick in "exposure", which would help with player retention, keep our two best players who had legit transfer options, and have recruits or portal kids begging outside Bunny's to come play for the Hall. Like everything else with message boards, there is never any nuance.

We were the No. 1 overall seed in the NIT. We were the second team out of the NCAA field and Oklahoma opted out.

Part of the reason they now announce the first four teams out is because that turns into those teams being the four No. 1 seeds in the NIT bracket.

This is an appropriate advertisement for a season that ended well. A billboard such as this one is money well spent.

It's a testament not just to the roster that is now mostly leaving but to the head coach who is coming back.
I think it’s nice and deserved . Would be a hard sell to make the case on the return on the investment. But as they say, not everything that counts can be counted.

Reactions: donnie_baseball
We were the Number 1 seed regardless of who opted out. They base the seeding upon the order in which teams were left out of the NCAA tournament. We were the second team out behind Indiana State, who we beat in what was basically a home court for ISU.

i saw this the other day travelling. it was nice. i think we need more of a presence on the turnpike/parkway. every time i go through a tollbooth i see a red R. rest stops have R magnets. R billboards.

We were the Number 1 seed regardless of who opted out. They base the seeding upon the order in which teams were left out of the NCAA tournament. We were the second team out behind Indiana State, who we beat in what was basically a home court for ISU.
We were not the 1 seed regardless of who opted out if they based it on the order of the teams who were left out. What you’re saying is if Oklahoma didn’t opt out they would’ve been #1 overall. So who opted out (Oklahoma) mattered.

Who the heck gives a s**t. Can’t you guys enjoy anything?
You know it’s nonsense. If I said Seton Hall did the best job in the portal everyone would point out it’s inaccurate. Why get disturbed that an inaccurate comment was pointed out?

If the team was RU that we were talking about, everyone would acknowledge the teams that opted out. Why do we have to be homers all of the time? We can say we did what we were supposed to do, took care of business, hang a banner but also acknowledge this tournament ranks right up there with the pinstripe bowl.

You know it’s nonsense. If I said Seton Hall did the best job in the portal everyone would point out it’s inaccurate. Why get disturbed that an inaccurate comment was pointed out?

If the team was RU that we were talking about, everyone would acknowledge the teams that opted out. Why do we have to be homers all of the time? We can say we did what we were supposed to do, took care of business, hang a banner but also acknowledge this tournament ranks right up there with the pinstripe bowl.
Who said anyone was a homer. That’s you disparaging anyone you disagree with. The NIT ended three weeks ago. Let it go and just enjoy it if you can. But I doubt you can.

Who said anyone was a homer. That’s you disparaging anyone you disagree with. The NIT ended three weeks ago. Let it go and just enjoy it if you can. But I doubt you can.
Sorry but it’s a homer opinion when you think seton hall would be the #1 seed regardless of who opted out and saying seton hall was the 2nd team left out of the ncaa which is how the nit picks their seeds. What else would you call that? Is that Just enjoying the moment.

• Haha
Reactions: SHUHitman
We turned what would have been a sour ending into a positive. We had a great time watching and were entertained ( which is my purpose in attending ).
. We gained a positive spin nationally -- what is not to celebrate ?

We turned what would have been a sour ending into a positive. We had a great time watching and were entertained ( which is my purpose in attending ).
. We gained a positive spin nationally -- what is not to celebrate ?
I agree and I was at all the NIT games at Walsh but is now time to move on.

Reactions: Turiddu
i saw this the other day travelling. it was nice. i think we need more of a presence on the turnpike/parkway. every time i go through a tollbooth i see a red R. rest stops have R magnets. R billboards.
It’s disgusting the lack of respect we get in this state.

Big difference! People across the country know what the NIT is. I doubt many know or remember what the pinstripe bowl is. Don’t diminish what our guys accomplished.

If RU won the NIT, great job for them. Anyone who cant see that is a clown. Regardless of the circumstances.

We were not the 1 seed regardless of who opted out if they based it on the order of the teams who were left out. What you’re saying is if Oklahoma didn’t opt out they would’ve been #1 overall. So who opted out (Oklahoma) mattered.
Yes, let’s just keep up the effort to continually diminish something good we accomplished.

Yes, let’s just keep up the effort to continually diminish something good we accomplished.
Nobody is diminishing the accomplishment we just can’t say we were the #1 seed regardless of who opted out. Thats just not a fact.

Big difference! People across the country know what the NIT is. I doubt many know or remember what the pinstripe bowl is. Don’t diminish what our guys accomplished.
Come on man. People have no clue what the pinstripe bowl except it doubled the number of viewers as the NIT championship. That doesn’t take away what our guys accomplished at all.

Geesh, some of you guys would complain about a sunny day.

Here's the thing, Seton Hall had the opportunity to play in a postseason tournament and kept playing until there was no one else left. Why wouldn't you celebrate that?

(For what it's worth, Holloway is still a young coach. The first time we began to realize that we had something special in Jim Calhoun was when he won the NIT in 1988.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT