ADVERTISEMENT

SHU Pirates at Nova Game Thread

Off to a good start but I wish they would stop the cross court passes

Not a smart play by Desi. Let him lay it in. Picked up second foul. Need him on floor. Overall playing well.

I hope we just keep playing in control like this. Our kids are really stepping up. Very bad news with two fouls on a Desi but we can overcome it.

Pirates just need to keep it close and they can pull it out possibly. Great first 10 minutes.

Fox looking pretty smart so far putting this game on the flagship super bowl Sunday.

Bridges YIKES. Best pro prospect on the floor for the modern NBA, and that includes Spellman IMO.

Nova shooting poorly from 3, key #1 to the upset as I said in my pre-game post. They have games where they are 3-15 heading into the half and they'll keep shooting them.

Deanno playing well, key #2. Need to keep Desi out of foul trouble as he looks like is having a "good Desi" game today.

Sandro on bridges poster. Wow.

There it is. Not good. Will be tough with desi in foul trouble now. Hope they can hang around.

Playing very well down 29-27 under 6 minutes.

Desi just got 3rd foul?? Do they have that right?

God damn that's 3 on Desi

That said, given the level of comp, this may be the best offense we've played. Only 3 T/O's and my rough count close to 60% from the field.

Wish nzei would read the granny shot article

You can't beg to stay in game with 2 fouls and then commit that 3rd foul. Big end of half sequence coming up.

Reactions: SHUMA04
Guys have been really under control, together and locked in...

...until that awful Desi sequence. Terrible shot selection and even worse foul on other end.

Unfortunate sequence for desi on both ends. The rushed bad shot led to runout other way and picking up foul #3.

We can hang if Powell gets going and team maintains generally patient, heady plays. Both sides have had good three pointers not fall and gotten fortunate second chances off misses, us at the rim, them off long rebounds. Desi to the bench is first pivotal moment for either team

Two not smart fouls. He was playing great. Unfortunate. Team needs to find way to keep it close until halftime.

Biggest differences between us and Villanova:

Unselfishness, extra passes and shot selection.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT