ADVERTISEMENT

UCONN Game Thread started by IRON ( I finally have the Covid so I take the honors from home)

Is Samuel maxed out on minutes or something? Richmond’s fire wore off but Ike needs help rebounding.

Poor mistake by Jared. No need to gamble. We are winning why would you go for a steal. Just play solid d. It was late in the shot clock you only need to hold steady for a few seconds.

Whew. That was a long 1.7 seconds and they get off a 3 pt. Shot,
Great presence of mind and timing for sanogo to catch, realize where he was, step back to get behind the arc, and still get off the shot before the buzzer. Was surprised and worried we didn't put anyone on the player throwing it in.

Some awesome individual performances in this game - Richmond, Aiken - but what a vital win for the team. To overcome a team shooting like that from beyond the arc? Amazing. Honestly, they could be the best team we've faced this year. They didn't miss a beat from their covid pause. However, we defended the homecourt with gusto! We have the potential to do special things this season.

Reactions: chickenbox
I agree with coach. Aiken needs to miss the 2nd. I’d rather have a rebounder under basket heave a full court shot up 2 than then taking a 3 us up 3. Glad it worked out!!

Reactions: sami
Must win for us today, and we did it. Early on, Jackson looked good and aggressive, just say Richmond, Aiken, and Samuel looked good in limited action, looked a little thin....but we could not have asked for a better result! Beside the win, this game was a "team character" builder!

Great presence of mind and timing for sanogo to catch, realize where he was, step back to get behind the arc, and still get off the shot before the buzzer. Was surprised and worried we didn't put anyone on the player throwing it in.
I did not think a player could catch the ball in the air come down dribble step back and shoot in under 2 seconds.

interesting how Williard brushed pass sanogo in handshake line. pretty half-hearted handshake. Some bad feelings there. As an fyi Sanogo looked me in the eye and told me he was coming to hall at one of our games he attended

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT