ADVERTISEMENT

Uconn Gamethread

Disappointing. Now it is really "Jake Taylor" time. We obviously have to win our last one, but if we got the BE conference final would that even be enough, assuming we knock off a Nova or Creighton along the way. I know no one thinks this is realistic right now, but I'd rather my college fandom season not end early, and what else can you do?

Reactions: ShoreGold
reality, plus the wear and tear of the season, set in
bad coaching. the big east stinks. easily should have have been competitive for tge tourney after that start.

were the only team with wear and tear during the season?? lmao. uconn is peaking. its a complete choke. were back in 2012

Reactions: TomD82
Sorry but Ike, Samuel and Molson need to give us at least something on the offensive end.

Disappointing. Now it is really "Jake Taylor" time. We obviously have to win our last one, but if we got the BE conference final would that even be enough, assuming we knock off a Nova or Creighton along the way. I know no one thinks this is realistic right now, but I'd rather my college fandom season not end early, and what else can you do?

Not realistic. They’ve completely checked out on the offensive end. No reason to name people but the focus level was not even close to a BigEast Level.

There was a point that Ike was coming out past the three point line to set up picks and his own guys were driving right into him without a plan? Can’t put that on Ike. It was so bad.

Reactions: TomD82
Ike is the best shot blocker in the big east and we don’t use him the right way. Play zone d against avg to poor 3pt shooting teams like UConn. The first 10 min of game we did that and we were in total control. I feel like I’m going crazy here, why wouldn’t they go back to it?
For all the shots he blocks they go out of bounds and the other team keeps the ball. And all the shots he does not block becomes a weak side rebound and a basket for the other team.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
-_- been saying it for years. Many didn’t want to hear it but I kept quiet this season only to now see that many people seem to be realizing it for themselves. Will need an impressive run in the BET

Oh well. We know Willard most likely will not be fired and will only leave if he chooses to. We seem to have some solid kids coming in with next years class but not sure that can help as KW is a bit hesitant to give big mins to freshman. Not sure what Long and Stevens will bring next season, will have to be the Rhoden/Samuel show with Molson and Jackson also playing big roles.

Exactly, we don’t box out well so at least we will have people in position to get rebound if we play zone. The weak side guy will already be there.

For all the shots he blocks they go out of bounds and the other team keeps the ball. And all the shots he does not block becomes a weak side rebound and a basket for the other team.

All of the freshman next year will get solid PT, don’t worry about that.

-_- been saying it for years. Many didn’t want to hear it but I kept quiet this season only to now see that many people seem to be realizing it for themselves. Will need an impressive run in the BET

Oh well. We know Willard most likely will not be fired and will only leave if he chooses to. We seem to have some solid kids coming in with next years class but not sure that can help as KW is a bit hesitant to give big mins to freshman. Not sure what Long and Stevens will bring next season, will have to be the Rhoden/Samuel show with Molson and Jackson also playing big roles.

Reactions: Ryanpbkelly
Not realistic. They’ve completely checked out on the offensive end. No reason to name people but the focus level was not even close to a BigEast Level.

There was a point that Ike was coming out past the three point line to set up picks and his own guys were driving right into him without a plan? Can’t put that on Ike. It was so bad.

I understand it isn't realistic. But I'm trying to be optimistic. The conference tournament is wide-open this year, and perhaps just got even wider as I saw Gillespie take what looked like a terrible fall in the Nova/Creighton game, and he came up grabbing his knee. It looked horrible.

Creighton is also getting killed by Nova right now. You have to wonder if all the drama involving their coach is messing with them mentally.

In the old BE Willard would have been long gone.He made a great move helping Lyons get hired it definitely saved his job a few years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT