ADVERTISEMENT

Walsh Gym

Not a good college basketball venue? The 2011 regionals were a huge success and the NCAA only stopped going there because of gambling laws (which they're now OK with, LOL). The Rock is hosting the East Regional next year.
cool.

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
What can you do at the Rock to improve college basketball atmosphere? It is cavernous. Acoustics stink. They should put a curtain over all sections and just make it max capacity 6k lol
Never thought I'd hear the word cavernous and the rock in the same breath. Did you attend any games at the Izod center the last few years we were there? It's not perfect but man it's better than what we had.

What the county should do would be to knock south mountain arena down. Develop it further as residential or environmental space or even consider expanding the zoo.

Co-build a development at the Livingston mall with a mixed use arena for seton hall / Essex county and add residential + retail developments
I don’t think local citizens need to be living with college students.

I don’t think local citizens need to be living with college students.
Along with that, I think the hockey and ice skating people would like a word.

The Codey Arena is a thriving place and my no means needs to be messed with.

And again, who would pay for all these crazy ideas?

Reactions: Piratz
Along with that, I think the hockey and ice skating people would like a word.

The Codey Arena is a thriving place and my no means needs to be messed with.

And again, who would pay for all these crazy ideas?
My crazy idea was for the Livingston Mall property, not Codey Arena.

The RAC isn‘t on campus?

And does anyone realize what the value is of that Livingston property? Plus the actual development? Who is paying for that?
It's on the Piscataway campus, so students living in New Brunswick still need to travel there. The biggest issue with games in Newark is students don't want to jump on the bus, especially when it's bad weather.

I wish they'd dim the lights on the seating at the Rock, emphasize the court with the lighting.
This is a fantastic idea that can actually be implemented. As to the other ideas, I think we in this thread have just put more creativity into this issue than the entire Administration has.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT