ADVERTISEMENT

Where is Supreme Cook leaning? Do we have a chance with him?

Aikens was pre NIL bad example .
Yeah because money never factored in pre NIL.

NIL is barely 12 months in. And I'll gladly bet there are plenty of athletes who attend Stanford, Duke, Northwestern, Notre Dame Vanderbilt and the ivies who were offered more money elsewhere.

so Bryce Aiken turned down Seton Hall originally because he felt Amaker was a better coach and had a better basketball program?

You can find examples on both sides of this. It’s what is important to the individual athlete and his family.
No, his mom did that. And it was all about academics. Aikins wanted to attend Seton Hall. But mom has other ideas.

No, his mom did that. And it was all about academics. Aikins wanted to attend Seton Hall. But mom has other ideas.
Exactly, I was being facetious. It's about what's important to the individual athlete and his family. People talking like academics are not part of the decision process of a basketball player is just false for quite a few players. Honestly I have a ton of respect for Bryce's mom for that decision. Just wish his time at SHU was with better health.

Since we're talking about Wake, I'm going to guess Wake is a top 10 power conference school academically,

I truly don’t understand the academics argument people keep bringing up for college basketball players.

Do we really think some kid is going to go to a program that’s ranked better at academics?

Except in very special cases, that has zero—zero—to do with any decision.
That's great news for Seton Hall

Exactly, I was being facetious. It's about what's important to the individual athlete and his family. People talking like academics are not part of the decision process of a basketball player is just false for quite a few players. Honestly I have a ton of respect for Bryce's mom for that decision. Just wish his time at SHU was with better health.

Since we're talking about Wake, I'm going to guess Wake is a top 10 power conference school academically,
You truly need special assistance when it comes to reading comprehension.

I said in a few very rare cases. Please read before posting your 8 millionth opinion.

Aiken, back in the day Adonal Foyle…maybe a handful of others over the course of a few decades.

Can you name 5 Mr. All Star?

And that’s 5 players who turned down programs with better basketball strictly for academics.

Reactions: sussexcopirate
You truly need special assistance when it comes to reading comprehension.

I said in a few very rare cases. Please read before posting your 8 millionth opinion.

Aiken, back in the day Adonal Foyle…maybe a handful of others over the course of a few decades.

Can you name 5 Mr. All Star?

And that’s 5 players who turned down programs with better basketball strictly for academics.
I’ll bet you can find 5 at Princeton. You think the best those guys could do is Princeton athletically? In case you didn’t notice some of those guys can flat out play. I’d take Dalen Davis and Caden pierce at SHU right now.

Last edited:
I’ll bet you can find 5 at Princeton. You think the best those guys could do is Princeton athletically? In case you didn’t notice some of those guys can flat out play. I’d take Dalen Davis at SHU right now.
Yeah but what was Dalen Davis when he came out of high school? Did he even get any Big 6 conference offers?

I’m not denying some rare kids who are extremely good at basketball also want to go for a strong education. It’s just very, very rare. And even more rare today.

And then Aiken transferred to SHU after Harvard—not Georgetown or Boston college or some other higher ranked school with good basketball.

Im pretty sure I'm not going out on a limb assuming Abass transfers out of Vanderbilt before he graduates

Yeah but what was Dalen Davis when he came out of high school? Did he even get any Big 6 conference offers?

I’m not denying some rare kids who are extremely good at basketball also want to go for a strong education. It’s just very, very rare. And even more rare today.

And then Aiken transferred to SHU after Harvard—not Georgetown or Boston college or some other higher ranked school with good basketball.

Im pretty sure I'm not going out on a limb assuming Abass transfers out of Vanderbilt before he graduates
You're acting like the transfer portal doesn't exist for these guys and the only decision they made was comitting out of HS. You're ignoring the fact any school Kansas, Duke, Seton Hall, Stanford, Notre Dame, or Rutgers could take these players. The guys staying are making just as much of a decision as the guys transferring. Every year they have to make that decision again. The fact that they're not leaving they are making a decision to stay. Within that decision is a factor called academics. To think academics isn't considered is bogus. You wanted me to name 5 but I'm going to bet there's quite a few more players than 5 who consider academics.

Last edited:
You're acting like the transfer portal doesn't exist for these guys and the only decision they made was comitting out of HS. You're ignoring the fact any school Kansas, Duke, Seton Hall, Stanford, Notre Dame, or Rutgers could take these players. The guys staying are making just as much of a decision as the guys transferring. Every year they have to make that decision again. The fact that they're not leaving they are making a decision to stay. Within that decision is a factor called academics. To think academics isn't considered is bogus. You wanted me to name 5 but I'm going to bet there's quite a few more players than 5 who consider academics.
But you’re acting like all these Ivy League kids are getting offers to play at the power conference schools.
And you’re also assuming that all basketball players are taking high level classes at Stanford and Duke and UNC (I hear those African American studies classes are really hard).

What I’m saying is that most of the basketball players at these schools aren’t taking the same classes with the same demands as regular non athletes.

And I’m only talking basketball. Not lacrosse or tennis or volleyball.

But you’re acting like all these Ivy League kids are getting offers to play at the power conference schools.
And you’re also assuming that all basketball players are taking high level classes at Stanford and Duke and UNC (I hear those African American studies classes are really hard).

What I’m saying is that most of the basketball players at these schools aren’t taking the same classes with the same demands as regular non athletes.

And I’m only talking basketball. Not lacrosse or tennis or volleyball.
I just think that's a pretty ignorant post. First off I'll bet some of these players do have power conference offers. Didn't a player from Cornell transfer to Vanderbilt over SHU? I know very little of ivy league basketball but just named 2 young players from Princeton who would help our roster plus that player from Cornell. You really think an Ivy League school, the same league who doesn't allow redshirts or graduate players, is putting in fake courses like UNC? Yikes. I've also seen enough college gamedays where they show what some of these football players at Stanford are taking. I'm sure they have basketball players there to maximize getting an education too. To think they're all taking rocks for jocks type courses leaves me speechless.

Last edited:
Just deleted a post. Pls stop commenting on politics here.

How many times must I post this???!!!
I wish you well. You have the patience of Job. Political issues ARE important, and emotions run high. On top of that it is a presidential election year. That is why you created the separate , off the ship, section of the board many years ago. Still, some think they are making a major statement by dragging the issues here. They are like streakers on Sunday Night Baseball, but you do not have the option of turning the camera away. You just have to sweep up after the elephants at the circus. Good luck for the next six months.

I just think that's a pretty ignorant post. First off I'll bet some of these players do have power conference offers. Didn't a player from Cornell transfer to Vanderbilt over SHU? I know very little of ivy league basketball but just named 2 young players from Princeton who would help our roster plus that player from Cornell. You really think an Ivy League school, the same league who doesn't allow redshirts or graduate players, is putting in fake courses like UNC? Yikes. I've also seen enough college gamedays where they show what some of these football players at Stanford are taking. I'm sure they have basketball players there to maximize getting an education too. To think they're all taking rocks for jocks type courses leaves me speechless.
Ok And that’s a smart post. 😂🤣😂

You named two players that didn’t get offers from SHU, but keep going. You live in your world and you think you’re always right.

It’s all opinion based on zero evidence from you. Zero.

It’s been speculated quite heavily that Vanderbilt has more money for NIL than SHU.

Keep digging further 🤣

It’s been speculated quite heavily that Vanderbilt has more money for NIL than SHU.
So wait did the young man get an offer from 2 P6 conferences or not?
I think the Ivies had 4 or 5 players go to P6 conferences last year mostly grad transfers. Others may have had offers and went elsewhere or get this stayed.

As for the other 2, you don't think they had feelers out for them? I mean do you believe nobody in a P6 school reached out to Isaiah Coleman and that's why he didn't go in the portal. You're not going to hear about offers made to players staying. That's just not happening. Even Kim English isn't going to name coaches going after his players and which players they were going after.

Please Hallstorm, perfect name for Kadary Richmond by the way, I'm speculating, but you know for fact that there aren't 5 players that consider academics. That's hilarious.

Last edited:
Supreme Cook, Abass, Gus Yalden… Coleman and Middleton need to be all Big East or the center doesn’t matter.

So wait did the young man get an offer from 2 P6 conferences or not?
I think the Ivies had 4 or 5 players go to P6 conferences last year mostly grad transfers. Others may have had offers and went elsewhere or get this stayed.

As for the other 2, you don't think they had feelers out for them? I mean do you believe nobody in a P6 school reached out to Isaiah Coleman and that's why he didn't go in the portal. You're not going to hear about offers made to players staying. That's just not happening. Even Kim English isn't going to name coaches going after his players and which players they were going after.

Please Hallstorm, perfect name for Kadary Richmond by the way, I'm speculating, but you know for fact that there aren't 5 players that consider academics. That's hilarious.
Ok. Whatever helps you get to sleep at night.

I’m sure you’ll still get the last word in. I’ve never seen you not.

Unless the thread is locked (usually involving you) 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Ok. Whatever helps you get to sleep at night.

I’m sure you’ll still get the last word in. I’ve never seen you not.

Unless the thread is locked (usually involving you) 😂😂😂😂😂😂
LMAO so funny to read your posts. Opinion based no evidence, then in the next sentence it's speculated Vanderbilt has greater NIL. Speculation isn't evidence buddy. So funny Kadary.

No. I just don’t like being so self-indulgent by hi-jacking every thread I’m a part of like you do.

The speculation regarding Vanderbilt’s NIL isn’t my opinion. It’s been strongly speculated by those in the know with more insight than I.

But go ahead, get the last word and make this about you winning an argument.

It’s all the same.

No. I just don’t like being so self-indulgent by hi-jacking every thread I’m a part of like you do.

The speculation regarding Vanderbilt’s NIL isn’t my opinion. It’s been strongly speculated by those in the know with more insight than I.

But go ahead, get the last word and make this about you winning an argument.

It’s all the same.
Hi jacking the thread. Ummmm you started with the name calling remember Mr. All Star.

He and Ledlum both had legitimate high major interest out of HS, as I recall, and both were pushed to go to the Ivy league route because they are kids who were surrounded by smart people. And that education will definitely benefit each of those kids who will never be NBA players.

Reactions: mbraue and HALL85
He and Ledlum both had legitimate high major interest out of HS, as I recall, and both were pushed to go to the Ivy league route because they are kids who were surrounded by smart people. And that education will definitely benefit each of those kids who will never be NBA players.
I imagine Dalen Davis is in a similar spot. Had offers from Depaul, Nebraska, Stanford. South Carolina, Kansas, and Kansas State. If you have good people in your corner, it's pretty difficult to pass those opportunities up if you're not a top 50 player.

Reactions: dehere23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT