ADVERTISEMENT

Willard Postgame - Wow

Pikiell's best player transferred out last year, no?

They aren't better than we are, and he hasn't proven he is a better coach than Willard or many, many others. Do I think he can coach? Yes, he did a good job at Stony Brook - good, not great - great at that level is what Tim Cluess basically does every single year at Iona (in a tougher league), which is win his conference tournament and make the dance. Year 4 at Rutgers and they are having a really nice season, so good for him. Don't let recency bias cloud judgment. Three-quarters of one season isn't everything.

Good point. Pikiell’s guys at RU may not always play well but they never quit. And by the way, they are better than we are. And have more fight.
That is on their coach.

More likely to be 4-1 or 3-2 at worst. If the SJU game was at the Garden I'd be semi-concerned, but there is ZERO chance that team without Heron and one kid who can score is winning at The Rock, a place where they basically never beat us (save last year) even when they have better teams. Anderson's good but he isn't a miracle worker.

Butler is in a free-fall. They just lost on their home court to a Gtown team without its two best players basically running out 5-6 scholarship kids.

Marquette is better than I thought -- kudos Wojo even though I don't like him -- but we have two really good defensive guards who can bother Howard and if you bother Howard they are very beatable. Even if you assume Nova will get a split with us because they are Nova and Creighton will give us fits on their home floor, there is no way we are going anything less than 3-2 and I think 4-1 is realistic.

Butler, StJ, MU, Nova, CU... We can easily go 1-4 or 2-3 the way this team has been playing.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
More likely to be 4-1 or 3-2 at worst. If the SJU game was at the Garden I'd be semi-concerned, but there is ZERO chance that team without Heron and one kid who can score is winning at The Rock, a place where they basically never beat us (save last year) even when they have better teams. Anderson's good but he isn't a miracle worker.

Butler is in a free-fall. They just lost on their home court to a Gtown team without its two best players basically running out 5-6 scholarship kids.

Marquette is better than I thought -- kudos Wojo even though I don't like him -- but we have two really good defensive guards who can bother Howard and if you bother Howard they are very beatable. Even if you assume Nova will get a split with us because they are Nova and Creighton will give us fits on their home floor, there is no way we are going anything less than 3-2 and I think 4-1 is realistic.

The team is an a real bad funk right now. Myles powell "hates playing at home". If I'm Wojo, I go with Theo John and Morrow at the PF/C spots and destroy us in the paint - just like RU, XU, Prov.

MU, CU on the road... Do we come back to earth and finish 6-3 on the road? Possible.

Nova will figure out how to beat us - it's what Jay Wright does. 2-3 isn't outside of the realm of possibilities.

Reactions: deheremike
The team is an a real bad funk right now. Myles powell "hates playing at home". If I'm Wojo, I go with Theo John and Morrow at the PF/C spots and destroy us in the paint - just like RU, XU, Prov.

MU, CU on the road... Do we come back to earth and finish 6-3 on the road? Possible.

Nova will figure out how to beat us - it's what Jay Wright does. 2-3 isn't outside of the realm of possibilities.
If that post holds water and msg is a short stay not looking forward to a 5-12, 6-11 game

He is talking about Nelson, Cale and Ike I believe in no particular order. Going to 6 is really 7 win Shavar and Samuel since he mentioned Samuel played well and has earned minutes according to Popkin.

Man there are issues on this team and they have have all of a sudden popped up after being 10-2?

From what I have been told, I am pretty sure Ike is one of them. It seems he is not happy and is probably transferring at the end of the season. I hope not because he can make the strides that Ro had.

He posted it on his social media after the Creighton game. From Myles' fingertips for the world to see.
Let it go. If you’re going to hold everyone to what they say on the internet then half of the guys on here think this team sucks, Willard sucks, a bunch of overrated players who read their clippings too much. LOL If he said it, it was probably frustration.

Transferring? he just sat out a year lol
And he barely played his freshman year at FSU. Another year to sit out is right? But, that is the problem with all these transfers. They transfer for a reason which is usually a bad sign then they seem to want to transfer again.

Imo, Willard goes with too many transfers, but he has had some good success with a few.

Reactions: Pirate64 and Piratz
Interesting that since Sandro returned we are 2-3, losing to two bottom-level teams.
As for Kevin losing the locker room.... are you serious? Did Jay Wright lose the locker room after three straight BE losses? Think of all the times he could have lost the team: Gibbs, Sina, Whitehead, Desi... This isn't even close.

Let it go. If you’re going to hold everyone to what they say on the internet then half of the guys on here think this team sucks, Willard sucks, a bunch of overrated players who read their clippings too much. LOL If he said it, it was probably frustration.

But isn't that what many posters on here do? Posters tell other posters that players and their families and the media read what is written on this website? And nothing should be written that people wouldn't say to a player/coach in person? Myles knows that he has media members and fans following his social media. And he told all the fans that he hates playing in front of them.

Even in frustration....

But isn't that what many posters on here do? Posters tell other posters that players and their families and the media read what is written on this website? And nothing should be written that people wouldn't say to a player/coach in person? Myles knows that he has media members and fans following his social media. And he told all the fans that he hates playing in front of them.

Even in frustration....
Very true. But I would hope grown men would have and use more wisdom than college students. By no means am I suggesting it was the right thing, but at 22, I have plenty of regrets. I would imagine most on here do to. Why bring up something he will likely regret 20 years from now? My guess is he has brought more joy to your life than you have brought to his. Let it go.

Last edited:
The perplexing thing for me from Willard's comments is how tough are we? Willard made it out to be guys got some tough love because of their level of play and pouted about it. I honestly hope I'm misunderstanding, but if I'm not that's something I hope he corrected last night.

This is a mental thing of how bad do you want something, and if someone is going to take it away from you, are you going to fight for it or just let them take it away from you? The greatest sports stories are the guys who got knocked down, got up, got knocked down again, got up again, repeat the cylce 10 more times until they got to the top of the mountain. It sounds like guys are just accepting their fate on the bench and not fighting for what they want. I hate to hear that. I hope it's all a misunderstanding on my part.

And so it goes being a Hall fan for life. Team that is ranked top 10 in the country and certain players hanging their head pouting while giving no effort in practice. Good for KW as the whole team collectively should be shredded bc even the hustle players should be getting on their teammates that are pulling the BS. But still much more reserved response than I could ever muster. Forget about the final score last night, the team embarrassed themselves, the school and the fans alike with that wretched first 15 minutes. PC is a .500 team or close enough on paper. Play 6, maybe 7 the rest of the way. Don’t think it could get any worse than last night. Down 25 to Providence, my God. The loss was all but guaranteed at that point, and since it came to fruition, I just wish we didn’t make it close. Would’ve been better to lose by 35 and reinforce to our guys that you can’t dig out of such large early deficits like they believe they can. Play hard and focused from the opening tip and this team would be unstoppable.

Pikiell's best player transferred out last year, no?

They aren't better than we are, and he hasn't proven he is a better coach than Willard or many, many others. Do I think he can coach? Yes, he did a good job at Stony Brook - good, not great - great at that level is what Tim Cluess basically does every single year at Iona (in a tougher league), which is win his conference tournament and make the dance. Year 4 at Rutgers and they are having a really nice season, so good for him. Don't let recency bias cloud judgment. Three-quarters of one season isn't everything.
Fact: They kicked our butts with lesser talent-unknowns. Therefore, they are a better team.
Us: We need to play like we did against Marquette and Nova -last 2 games of last year. Or else we won’t get past the first weekend. Lower seed grittier teams could knock us off.

No doubt and I agree wholly with your last point. In fact I think that applies across the board this year. The margin between the top 10 teams and the next 30/35 is smaller than ever, and you can probably expand it well beyond that when you talk about the power leagues.

But one W over us doesn’t mean they are a better team. And no way do I think they have a better coach. Track record means something. Willard is one of the top 4/5 coaches in our league and Pikiell hasn’t done enough to warrant being anywhere near that discussion to date. Let him make a few tourneys at Rutgers first.

Fact: They kicked our butts with lesser talent-unknowns. Therefore, they are a better team.
Us: We need to play like we did against Marquette and Nova -last 2 games of last year. Or else we won’t get past the first weekend. Lower seed grittier teams could knock us off.

I think this is genius on KWs part. He publicly calls players out and we know who he’s referring to and they know everyone knows who it is. So they either go out there and player their hearts out to change the perception or prove his comments true.

let’s see how it plays out

Reactions: Abbo71 and Halldan1
After Xavier game on postgame with Cohen & Popkin, he said he saw some troubling signs. It seems like they are continuing.

I have said on here several times that all this Final Four talk and NC talk is (to quote Nick Saban) rat poison. Maybe after a few humbling losses, the team will regroup and start playing D again, and stop reading their press clippings.

It doesn’t matter how Willard reacts after a loss, some here are going to kill him. Cale will be fine, Sandro will be fine (if that’s who he’s talking about). Having the National title/Final Four talk, Myles on SportsCenter was distracting. It’s not how we went on the January run. No team can coast in the Big East this year, it’s too tough top to bottom. He has to keep the team playing with an edge or we’re just another good but not great team.

What makes this Willard display or supposed discipline any different than the past?

Ish was suspended multiple times.

Desi was benched, but he was still Desi.

We are an average team with a superhuman Shooting Guard.

When Superman has kryptonite, we are just average. We may beat teams here or there, but overall just average.

I have accepted that and am enjoying the hell out of the Myles Powell Experience.

Reactions: General_Tso
What makes this Willard display or supposed discipline any different than the past?

Ish was suspended multiple times.

Desi was benched, but he was still Desi.

We are an average team with a superhuman Shooting Guard.

When Superman has kryptonite, we are just average. We may beat teams here or there, but overall just average.

I have accepted that and am enjoying the hell out of the Myles Powell Experience.

Dehere why such a dumb post? An average team doesnt contend for a Big East title. If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

Reactions: Soyaqui and sami
It doesn’t matter how Willard reacts after a loss, some here are going to kill him. Cale will be fine, Sandro will be fine (if that’s who he’s talking about). Having the National title/Final Four talk, Myles on SportsCenter was distracting. It’s not how we went on the January run. No team can coast in the Big East this year, it’s too tough top to bottom. He has to keep the team playing with an edge or we’re just another good but not great team.
Well said. A few players have an edge but this team doesn’t. Nor does Kevin- he’s just too nice a guy, His Dad too. Like Blaney, Louis Orr, Richie Regan, Brian Mahoney of The Johnnies-the list of fine basketball gentlemen goes on. They had no edge, nor did/ do their teams.
But that limited their success.

Cant run and hide from success...have to amend what you are and deal with it positively...your last part is one hundred percent true from everything on the table what we have seen this team is good to great in a season where there is not much if any great to spectacular and plenty of average to good out there

And that’s why no one puts any credence in your posts.

Take the All-American or alpha player off 90% of teams and they become, well, average.

But unlike your view, most don’t look at Seton Hall as the team and Myles Powell. For most, Myles Powell is part of as well as leader of the team. Look no further than how he carried himself at the end of the Nova game.

Really hopeful you go away next year and cheer for Powell’s pro career and another college, instead of the former plus rooting for SHU’s failure post-MP.

I really hope you get to play some more golf with Willard and become a fan of another team that he is coaching.

I will be here. Just like I have been all along.

And that’s why no one puts any credence in your posts.

Take the All-American or alpha player off 90% of teams and they become, well, average.

But unlike your view, most don’t look at Seton Hall as the team and Myles Powell. For most, Myles Powell is part of as well as leader of the team. Look no further than how he carried himself at the end of the Nova game.

Really hopeful you go away next year and cheer for Powell’s pro career and another college, instead of the former plus rooting for SHU’s failure post-MP.

Reactions: General_Tso
I really hope you get to play some more golf with Willard and become a fan of another team that he is coaching.

I will be here. Just like I have been all along.
Lol... I play one charity round years ago and you harp on it constantly. And for the record, you’ve brought it up probably 357 times since the time I posted it after I played the last time there was a HoF outing.

You are a miserable dude. I’d invite you courtside for a beer, like my open invitation for a majority of posters, but I really don’t wish to know who the hell you even are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT