ADVERTISEMENT

Willard Postgame - Wow

Ok let's not get ridiculous here. We beat Maryland with very limited resources and now they are 21-4 and in first place in the Big Ten. It's not like the rest of the team outside of Powell is all D3 players...

Exactly, but none drop as far as we do. Myles gets two guys guarding him every trip. Makes everyone else much better.

Not sure your narrative is accurate here. We beat a top 10 team at home with Powell out, we looked just fine at Nova with Powell benched last week in the most critical part of the game. If anything, based on his percentages and efficiency lately we might be better off with him shooting less.

Who played 36 minutes at point guard that night?

Ok let's not get ridiculous here. We beat Maryland with very limited resources and now they are 21-4 and in first place in the Big Ten. It's not like the rest of the team outside of Powell is all D3 players...

He draws double teams every trip. He has to shoot from Jersey City in order to have a clean look. What do you guys want the guy to do?

Not sure your narrative is accurate here. We beat a top 10 team at home with Powell out, we looked just fine at Nova with Powell benched last week in the most critical part of the game. If anything, based on his percentages and efficiency lately we might be better off with him shooting less.

I dont drink alcohol, but if I did it sure as hell wouldnt be with you.

Lol... I play one charity round years ago and you harp on it constantly. And for the record, you’ve brought it up probably 357 times since the time I posted it after I played the last time there was a HoF outing.

You are a miserable dude. I’d invite you courtside for a beer, like my open invitation for a majority of posters, but I really don’t wish to know who the hell you even are.

The team is an a real bad funk right now. Myles powell "hates playing at home". If I'm Wojo, I go with Theo John and Morrow at the PF/C spots and destroy us in the paint - just like RU, XU, Prov.

MU, CU on the road... Do we come back to earth and finish 6-3 on the road? Possible.

Nova will figure out how to beat us - it's what Jay Wright does. 2-3 isn't outside of the realm of possibilities.
Nothing's outside the realm of possibility. Don't give up on this team. They're fighters.

Reactions: halltheway
I thought this was a dream season with a dream locker room? How can we go from a happy, talented team that’s 10 deep to a fractured locker room all of a sudden?

Not a good look for the Pirates who are suddenly trending in a bad direction at the worst possible time.

i wonder if some players didn’t expect Mamu to start so quickly and got all pissy because KW put him in a lot quicker than they were expecting and minutes were reduced.

i wonder if some players didn’t expect Mamu to start so quickly and got all pissy because KW put him in a lot quicker than they were expecting and minutes were reduced.
Well sounds like they want to coach. If they want to coach they will be perfect on the bench when we play 6/7 guys.

I’d invite you courtside for a beer, like my open invitation for a majority of posters, but I really don’t wish to know who the hell you even are.

What an awesome gesture of you. He doesn't deserve the kindness. Thank you for the random act of kindness to strangers.

When Ro is out Ike should be in. Still discourages drives to the hoop which is the strength of the Hall’s defensive structure. Ro looks fatigued at times. Getting Ike to the mindset where will be able to spell Ro is important.

Thanks @Halldan1 . I accept being the bad guy for not liking Willard like you are supposed to around here. I appreciate you deleting a bunch of posts today. I will stick to my Willard criticism and leave others to their drinks at The Rock.

Last edited by a moderator:
No need to call anyone out as I will imm delete that part of your response as all it's going to do is continue the verbal battle.

Kevin Willard is not immune to criticism on this board as long as it isn't over the top or with an agenda.

How you say something is as important sometimes as what you say. Please keep that in mind.

Thanks @Halldan1 . I accept being the bad guy for not liking Willard like you are supposed to around here. I appreciate you deleting a bunch of posts today. I will stick to my Willard criticism and leave others to their drinks at The Rock.
Not that that was targeted at me or anything, and who knows what Dan deleted.

Say all you want about Willard, he is a grown man compensated rather well. Your agenda on our student athlete(s) that don’t meet your standards is immature and asinine.

Not that that was targeted at me or anything, and who knows what Dan deleted.

Say all you want about Willard, he is a grown man compensated rather well. Your agenda on our student athlete(s) that don’t meet your standards is immature and asinine.
Maybe it's me but I find it odd that this guys agenda has shown up ever since we had real expectations. Dude has been a member for 20 years. He has less than 200 posts per year on average, and probably has 1,000 of those posts this season, most of which are of hate or how MP is our only player.

He’s a deep cover operative for Powell’s future agent pumping up his value for NBA folks...and also I’m a St. John’s fan

Reactions: deheremike
Lol... I play one charity round years ago and you harp on it constantly. And for the record, you’ve brought it up probably 357 times since the time I posted it after I played the last time there was a HoF outing.

You are a miserable dude. I’d invite you courtside for a beer, like my open invitation for a majority of posters, but I really don’t wish to know who the hell you even are.
woah woah youve been offering free beer this whole time?? ;)

Reactions: shupat08
woah woah youve been offering free beer this whole time?? ;)
I’d even break bread with you, and that’s saying a lot. While I think it’s sometimes misguided, you have strong opinions and generally don’t focus on a mission against one of our athletes. I don’t agree with your views on Willard but that’s what the board is for!

Reactions: jwc69
I’d even break bread with you, and that’s saying a lot. While I think it’s sometimes misguided, you have strong opinions and generally don’t focus on a mission against one of our athletes. I don’t agree with your views on Willard but that’s what the board is for!
ive been extremely pro willard this year. if you have not paid attention. hes doing all the things this year that he never used to do. and i hated that he was so soft. were on a 2 game losing streak playing like poop again and ive never been higher on willard. his in game coaching and preparation has been going south over the last few games but his treatment of the team is a breath of fresh air. hes acting like a man. no time to be a friend this season.

Reactions: sami
MC was given every chance to succeed. His face had been on a milk carton for the last two months.
Cale opened the home game against Creighton with a great early performance and as soon as he showed he was hot that night he got benched. Willard tells him to play without looking over his shoulder, and yet when Cale is doing well - benched. When he's playing poorly - benched. What exactly is his motivation to play well if he doesn't get PT even when he's doing great things on court in a given night?

Cale opened the home game against Creighton with a great early performance and as soon as he showed he was hot that night he got benched. Willard tells him to play without looking over his shoulder, and yet when Cale is doing well - benched. When he's playing poorly - benched. What exactly is his motivation to play well if he doesn't get PT even when he's doing great things on court in a given night?

He was subbed back into the game for Sandro like 30 seconds of game clock later. When Willlard took him out I was in agreement with you, but it ended up not mattering because he was right back in the game shortly after.

Cale needs to start bringing some level of consistency to his game. The easiest way to do that is through effort, defense, and rebounding. With his size and athleticism those should be givens every night but he's been way too inconsistent this season.

Bingo. Glad someone else saw it.

The Willard haters will always try to blame the coach. Reality is we need Cale to produce more and Willard has given him sooo many opportunities. His play has not been consistent but I don't think that means Willard is giving up on him at all. Clearly Rhoden has earned his increased playing time. Hopefully Myles does too but quiet the criticism on the coach on this one. He can't play for him too! He's started many games this year and I've wondered why Rhoden did not start so Willard is giving him lots of opportunities. If he can play solid D to start Cale will see the floor more and maybe his scoring touch will return. We need our bench to produce more and that is on them not the coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT