ADVERTISEMENT

COVID data

Don’t say that people should have weighed the risks… 80% of Americans who make under 100k per year had no choice but to get vaccinated or lose their source of income. There was no choice for weighing risk for teachers, cops, front line workers, etc.

It was the right call to mandate the vaccine for front line healthcare workers.
It was the wrong call for anyone else. While I appreciate your concern for those making less than 100k, those above 100k were vaccinated at a higher rate than those under. The more money you made, the more likely it was that you would be vaccinated.

The data of mRNA vaccines (outside of Covid) do in fact cause structural and anatomical anomalies which take time to present.

Citation?

But to proclaim at this point that the vaccine was Universally safe is just not correct

No one has proclaimed that.
What I said was that nothing is certain, but after three years and billions of people vaccinated, in all likelihood, the risks as we know them today which are very small will remain consistent.

New Setonian Article - Breakdown of Nyre Claims

Not even a consideration. The list is long with many qualified candidates.
Fine, but we had a really good, highly qualified man. The more I learn of these matters the worse it is looking. It’s insulting how some have tried to portray this to me. I was born at night but not last night.

Bubble watch

While Jaden shot it badly vs SJU, having two centers who dont make you cringe when they go to the line is nice.

Hell, it is great getting into the bonus with ten minutes to go and seeing it as an advantage. Not always the case around here lol.
EHE has slipped a bit from the line too after a blazing hot start.

Our recent slippage is leaps and bounds over our peak performance most years. Its great to be excited to get to the line.
Reactions: Cool Danch

COVID data

Right. I don’t disagree with you.
Everyone should have compared the risks for themselves.

Did some people get vaccinated without understanding the risk to reward? Absolutely.
Did some people skip getting vaccinated because they understood the risk to reward? Absolutely.
Did some people who were at risk of severe illness from Covid skip getting vaccinated because they did not understand the risk to reward? Absolutely.

You and I can have a rational discussion here, even though we won’t agree on everything.

Others here, not so much.
And this is where the government agencies and leaders should have weighed in with messaging that would have better educated the masses, rather being authoritarian and creating contention. I think we agree that mandates were wrong as it took the decision of risk/benefit out of the hands of the individual.
The FDA not being infallible does not mean that every study on this topic from all around the world is lying to us as gohall is suggesting.
Never said that. We have the best healthcare system in the world and best oversight, but there have been many examples where those agencies have failed (both in the U.S. and abroad).
Nothing is certain, but at what point do you start to believe the data is relatively accurate? We’re 3 years out now from a gigantic vaccinated population with real world data. The typical safety review period for a vaccine does not last that long and would have hundreds of people as opposed to the billions that we have vaccinated. At some point, a reasonable person would look at a study from today compared to one three years ago having similar results as a sign that yes, there are risks, but the risk profile is likely fairly accurate and adverse events are very rare.
2-3 years in surveillance date is a very short period of time in drug discovery. Clinical trials typically take 7-8 years before a drug is approved and even after, there are post-marketing studies that monitor that drug use over time. Once again, there are numerous examples of where the FDA has imposed a "Black Box" warning on a drug decades after launch. One that comes to mind were the COX-2 inhibitors (like Merck's Celebrex) which was found to have severe side effects many years after launch.

Although I have worked in healthcare for my entire career, I tend to avoid taking medications if possible and surgical intervention (don't get me started on cosmetic surgery). People that live in Blue Zone's are a good guidepost. In addition, unless I have no choice, I'm not going to take a medication until it's been launched for over five years.
Reactions: shu09 and Gohall129

Bubble watch

Florida losing to Alabama in OT - good for SH. On a side note, tuned in just as Tyrese Samuel stepped to the free throw line and missed the front end of a one-and-one. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
While Jaden shot it badly vs SJU, having two centers who dont make you cringe when they go to the line is nice.

Hell, it is great getting into the bonus with ten minutes to go and seeing it as an advantage. Not always the case around here lol.

COVID data

Right. I don’t disagree with you.
Everyone should have compared the risks for themselves.

Did some people get vaccinated without understanding the risk to reward? Absolutely.
Did some people skip getting vaccinated because they understood the risk to reward? Absolutely.
Did some people who were at risk of severe illness from Covid skip getting vaccinated because they did not understand the risk to reward? Absolutely.

You and I can have a rational discussion here, even though we won’t agree on everything.

Others here, not so much.

The FDA not being infallible does not mean that every study on this topic from all around the world is lying to us as gohall is suggesting.

Nothing is certain, but at what point do you start to believe the data is relatively accurate? We’re 3 years out now from a gigantic vaccinated population with real world data. The typical safety review period for a vaccine does not last that long and would have hundreds of people as opposed to the billions that we have vaccinated. At some point, a reasonable person would look at a study from today compared to one three years ago having similar results as a sign that yes, there are risks, but the risk profile is likely fairly accurate and adverse events are very rare.
2 points:

1. Don’t say that people should have weighed the risks… 80% of Americans who make under 100k per year had no choice but to get vaccinated or lose their source of income. There was no choice for weighing risk for teachers, cops, front line workers, etc.

2. All of the studies are incredibly preliminary and have data less than 2/3 years old. The data of mRNA vaccines (outside of Covid) do in fact cause structural and anatomical anomalies which take time to present. 10 years post vaccine if there’s no evidence that the mRNA vaccine caused any anatomical changes within heart structures, blood vessels, pattern clots, etc. then we can say it was safe and the risk balanced out. But to proclaim at this point that the vaccine was Universally safe is just not correct
Reactions: shu09

Bubble watch

Florida losing to Alabama in OT - good for SH. On a side note, tuned in just as Tyrese Samuel stepped to the free throw line and missed the front end of a one-and-one. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Not sure why that’s good, Florida is pretty safely in. Though agree not quite a lock, but I think if they slip to real bubble talk they’re above us regardless.

Of course, win tomorrow and these discussions are easier and easier.
Reactions: silkcitypirate
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT