ADVERTISEMENT

14 fouls called in less than 6 mins????

All by Michael Stephens the worst ref in the NCAA. And called the wrong guy for the foul on Gonzaga. The guy gets whistle happy. He sucks.
Maybe his goal is to replace Clougherty as the most remembered finals ref.

The telling thing for me is how many fouls they have called away from the ball right from the start of the game. They suck. Should be ashamed of themselves. Let the kids play and decide the game.

Reactions: HallLine69
I think all 3 refs better make as many calls as they can. This will be all of their last time doing a tournament final.

Reactions: Section112
Collins was scoring at will vs NC until the ref's sat him with his 3rd and 4th foul in the 1st 5 mins of the 2nd half. Then Zags missed 8 ft's, and the big guy for Zags missed numerous shots right by basket.

They just talked to the supervisor of officials and he stated that all 3 ref's are doing an excellent job. Following up there excellent work all tournament. At least one of the ref's will make the All Tournament Team! LOL

Gonzaga awful in second half but somehow still in the game. Hope they pull it out but having my doubts.

This is what the NCAA wants? The stars on the bench watching the final be decided? They suck!

Ref's gave this game to NC when they took Collins out of the game the whole 2nd half. It is fixed.

I guess the NCAA appreciates all the NC players who got such great grades for no show classes that they wanted to give them the title. Clougherty made the worst call ever but this was the worst collectively reffed final I can remember.
Can you think of a worse reffed game in general?

If Seton Hall closed out any game like that this board would be all over Willard and his lacking an offensive plan.

@lloyde dobler even the negative posters would give Willard a free pass..it would've been on the refs but both teams played extremely poorly

Refs were bad for both sides and made the game a rough watch. So did the play of the two teams. Gonzaga was absolutely brutal down the stretch. Two straight isos for NWG, who just rolled his ankle? Really? Reminded me of how badly we played down the stretch against Arkansas.

Last edited:
Pinson from N.C., reminds me of Ish but more athletic and better but did a lot of things that made them winners.
With a few ifs, Ish will give us that extra that will take us a to the DANCE and win a a few games.

It will not be mentioned much at all, just like there is no talk of NCAA penalties for NC.

Maybe Ewing and Mullen in the league will stop making it such a sissy sport. I mean flagrants are routinely called for sneezing on people.

I love college basketball... NBA is so much better. Great competition, ugly game. When refs are bad in a game with a 5 foul limit it means so much more.

The three point shooting was woeful too, part. from UNC.

Feeling for Mark Few. Does he ever get back here? He had SO much talent on that team, might be hard to amass that much again.

Does Roy retire? I would if I were him. Fainting spells during games, walking with a cane, plus hey...you cheated your ass off for almost two decades and bullied the NCAA enough to just get a slap on the wrist so u could win another nat'l championship! Yay! The corrupt system wins again!

U hear the retarded UNC fans booing the NCAA head? Lol...hey idiots bc of him u guys were able to be in the position on to get here!

I thought Gonzaga was the better team tonight. However, they inexplicably missed easy shot after easy shot. Karnowski must have missed 4 shots that were point blank range himself in the second half. it seemed that Gonzaga would get a good shot off near the basket but it just would not go down. Tough loss for Gonzaga. Oh the flagrant 1 call was total bs. Swallow the whistle there.

another one... couldnt believe they overturned that out of bounds call on zags three point shot saying nc tipped it... one ref overruled the other two... clearly wasnt tipped.. zags hit three off that... both teams looked real gassed in second half... maybe in future final four on fri... champ on monday?

Now the rest of the nation knows what the Big East has known for years - Mike Stephens may be "good referee" but no one wants him reffing a game they are involved in.

Reactions: lokiSHU
Now the rest of the nation knows what the Big East has known for years - Mike Stephens may be "good referee" but no one wants him reffing a game they are involved in.

Where's my buddy, Section 112, LOL!

The reason we hammer on Stephens is because all the BE coaches surely told Val and John Cahill that Mike Eades must never ref another BE game. So Eades, the phyllo dough man himself, moves along and others take up the front rank of pain.

I think I understand why they are so highly rated - their calls are *accurate*. But an accurate call is not equivalent to a just call given the flow and energy of the engagement on the floor. So these guys interpose the flow with "accuracy", destroying the game itself.

I was rooting for the game to go to OT. I'm curious how the NCAA would have reacted with the final game being decided by reserves.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT