ADVERTISEMENT

######2023-24 BIG EAST Prediction Contest: Week 1######

shu09

All Universe
Gold Member
Jan 6, 2006
Good morning all. As you may have seen in another thread (https://setonhall.forums.rivals.com/threads/big-east-prediction-contest.62968/#post-1026375), @HallBall'n is unable to run the contest this season. This is always a good-natured, fun contest among posters on this board. Rules are simple: post your picks for BIG EAST conference games on the weekly threads. If you miss a game or post your pick after tip-off, it counts as a loss.

I will post each session as follows: Monday through Thursday and then Weekend games (Friday AND Sat/Sun). Please post your records after each session. Example: Last week: 4-2 / Season: 20-10. The winner of the season-long contest will win a $100 donation to the fund of his or her choice, courtesy of the generous @HallBall'n.

This week's schedule:

Tuesday, December 19
Georgetown @ Butler - 6:30 PM - FS1 - Hinkle/Indy
#6 Marquette @ Providence - 8:30 PM - FS1 - The Amp/Providence

Wednesday, December 20
Xavier @ St. John's - 7:00 PM - FS1 - Carnesecca/Queens
#5 Connecticut @ Seton Hall - 7:00 PM - CBSSN - The Rock/Newark
Villanova @ #12 Creighton - 9:00 PM - FS1 - CHI/Omaha

Be wary of the quick turnaround as there is a game this Friday. I will post a separate thread with that game, as well as the Saturday games.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!

Last edited:
Previous winners of the contest, information courtesy of @HallBall'n

• 2014 Champion @pequannock pirate made a $100 donation to Pirate Blue [Seton Hall]
  • 2015 Champion @bd98 donated his $100 contribution to Pirate Blue [Seton Hall]
  • 2016 Champion @Merge donated his $100 contribution to Stillman [Seton Hall]
  • 2017 Champion @Harty9 donated his $100 contribution to Pirate Blue [Seton Hall] during all 50 states pledge day
  • 2018 Champion @class of 68 made his donation to the Education Department at [Seton Hall]
  • 2019 champion @Save Continental made his $100 contribution to the Stillman [Seton Hall] school of business
  • 2020 Tri-Champions @Bluebeard , @SHUJim73 and @shu09 made their selections to Seton Hall School of Theology, Pirate Blue [Seton Hall] and Pirate Blue [Seton Hall] respectively
  • 2021 co-winners @pequannock pirate (now 2X champion) and @SOBO1 made their donations to Seton Hall interests as well
  • 2022 champion (now 2X champion) @Merge made his donation to Pirate Blue
  • 2023 winner @SPK145 made his donation to Hall Hands on Deck (NIL)

Thanks for volunteering to run it shu09.

Butler
Marquette
St. Johns
UConn
Creighton

Reactions: shu09
I usually play for 3 weeks before forgetting to post 1-2 straight times and quitting. Let’s do it all again…

Butler
Marquette
St. Johns
UConn
Creighton

Thanks SHU09 for grabbing the torch for this great Pirate crew annual event. Thanks Hallball’n for the 10 years of dedication to this. I really appreciate having this for everyone at Pirate crew.

Butler
Marquette
St Johns
Uconn
Creighton

Tuesday, December 19
Butler over Georgetown
Marquette over Providence

Wednesday, December 20
St. John's over Xavier
UCONN over Seton Hall
Creighton over Villanova

tenor.gif

Butt over Gt --Cooley's got a lot of work to do
Markt over Prov -- Markt will challenge for the top
StJ over X --- don't like petino & can't stand miller
uconn over SHU-- gotta hope for a miracle-never should have let them back in
Cr8tn over nova---- home court
here we go again---

Butler
Providence
St. John's
Connecticut
Creighton

0-0 / 0-0

Tuesday, December 19
Georgetown @ Butler - 6:30 PM - FS1 - Hinkle/Indy BUTLER
#6 Marquette @ Providence - 8:30 PM - FS1 - The Amp/Providence MARQ

Wednesday, December 20

Xavier @ St. John's - 7:00 PM - FS1 - Carnesecca/Queens ST JOHNS
#5 Connecticut @ Seton Hall - 7:00 PM - CBSSN - The Rock/Newark UCONN
Villanova @ #12 Creighton - 9:00 PM - FS1 - CHI/Omaha CREIGHTON

Great job SHU09

0-0 ~` 0-0

Bump.........Good turnout so far, let's get even more players. A little over 3 hours until the first game tips tonight.

It's my first time participating, why not?

Butler
Marquette
St. John's
Uconn 😔
Creighton

0-0

Tuesday, December 19
Georgetown @ Butler - 6:30 PM - FS1 - Hinkle/Indy
#6 Marquette @ Providence - 8:30 PM - FS1 - The Amp/Providence

Wednesday, December 20
Xavier @ St. John's - 7:00 PM - FS1 - Carnesecca/Queens
#5 Connecticut @ Seton Hall - 7:00 PM - CBSSN - The Rock/Newark
Villanova @ #12 Creighton - 9:00 PM - FS1 - CHI/Omaha
Already in a hole as game one has started.

Marquette over Providence
St. John's over Xavier
UConn over Seton Hall
Creighton over Villanova
FTR - Butler over Georgetown

Maybe be the easiest week of season:
Butler
Marquette
St. Johns
UConvicts
Creighton
I posted this last night and just saw an OOPS we’re having difficulties so I’m reposting now & have not seen results of todays games

Maybe be the easiest week of season:
Butler
Marquette
St. Johns
UConvicts
Creighton
I posted this last night and just saw an OOPS we’re having difficulties so I’m reposting now & have not seen results of todays games

@Halldan1, can you confirm? Would hate to dock him two games but the timestamp does say 40 minutes ago (it's 10:01 PM right now).

I would let it go this one time. The poster picked all the favorites and one of the two actually lost.

We will accept @Turiddu @TheHall87 @PJVegas picks of Butler in game one this one time only. Moving forward, please post your picks prior to the scheduled tip off time. Any picks submitted after the start time of that particular game will count as a loss, regardless of the reason.

Many thanks, especially since I did enter the night before and came back yesterday to find an Oops message, which reappeared again earlier today. 😢
Hope the UConvicts game has same result as PC. Never mind listing a pick when SH wins

I have taken forfeits on a few gimme games due to missing the tip time. No brainers like - Depaul @ Nova or Georgetown @ Creighton. Frustrating in the moment but later in the season when you are 6 games out of first you realize it didn't matter. LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT