ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Giving Day was a Success Thanks to Pirates Nation!

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003

resize

South Orange, N.J. - The Pirate Blue Athletic Fund, the fundraising arm of Seton Hall Athletics, held its annual Giving Day event April 19-20, and it was a record-breaking success, thanks to the support of so many Pirate Blue members, alumni and former student-athletes. This year's giving day campaign raised over $415,000, which is a 21 percent increase from the 2022 campaign, and over 1,000 donors made a gift to the campaign, nearly doubling the number of contributors from 2022.

Part of the incredible outpouring of support was the institution of a new varsity team challenge. The 14 varsity sports were broken up into divisions, and the team in each division that had the most Giving Day donors won an extra $2,000 gift that goes towards supporting the program. The winners of the extra $2,000 gift were men's golf, women's soccer, softball, swimming & diving and volleyball.

With Giving Day also came the annual 50-state challenge, and Pirates Nation once again came through as Pirate Blue received a gift from at least one donor in all 50 U.S. States, which unlocked a $50,000 anonymous gift. This was the 10th year of the 50-state challenge, and this year, it was completed in record time! The final state, New Hampshire, came in at 3:45 p.m., Eastern!

The Pirate Blue Athletic Fund directly supports the Seton Hall Department of Athletics and its student-athletes. Pirate Blue strives to embrace and engage the most dedicated Pirate fans within the Seton Hall community to further promote the passion and camaraderie that makes the University so unique. Giving Day is not the only day you can donate; you can make a tax-deductible contribution and join Pirate Blue any day of the year by going online or by calling 973-275-6447.

Last year at the start of day 2 I got an email from the president of the alumni board of directors saying they had already raised 370k and had over 1000 donors.

The email above says 1000 donors this year is double the number of donors last year.

The email I got last year from the Alumni BD president also said it was the 5th annual giving day, but above it says 10 years of the 50 state challenge.

Are these two different events I’m comparing or are the facts not lining up?

Not only that, I’m guessing those $$$ numbers match up horribly with their Big East peers.

They obviously are aware of that, which is probably why they are petrified of NIL taking away Pirate Blue donation $$$$.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
With Giving Day also came the annual 50-state challenge, and Pirates Nation once again came through as Pirate Blue received a gift from at least one donor in all 50 U.S. States, which unlocked a $50,000 anonymous gift. This was the 10th year of the 50-state challenge, and this year, it was completed in record time! The final state, New Hampshire, came in at 3:45 p.m., Eastern!
Totally driven by this HallDan . He was on this before I even woke up that morning

Not only that, I’m guessing those $$$ numbers match up horribly with their Big East peers.

They obviously are aware of that, which is probably why they are petrified of NIL taking away Pirate Blue donation $$$$.
It's likely that TV revenue in 2025 will double, or triple, over what we currently receive. The extra revenue will be significantly more than is raised by Pirate Blue. The focus should be on NIL moving forward. A deep run in the Dance will do wonders for Pirate Blue and NIL.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT