ADVERTISEMENT

2024-25 Big East Coaches Poll

It’s all a crapshoot. What teams are proven at this point? Some look better on paper but chemistry is definitely a factor. I like our chances to finish in the top 5 mainly due the Sha.
This.

Wow. Maybe Sha rubs people the wrong way and they’re sticking it to him? No way his coaching should get this level of disrespect
I don’t think it’s that deep but idk. I think they just go surface level really don’t dig. We don’t market, no hype, we don’t even open a practice to the media, we don’t get on radars, our coach isn’t promoting exhibitions nor are they televised, we lose top players every year to the portal and replace them with mid major guys or power conf back-ups, we’re a perpetual afterthought. Sha likes this approach; wants to be in the weeds.

It’s who we are. But it’s also great when we outperform this and have the poll dragged up every game as a talking point when we get into NCAAT contention. 👏👍

This board loves Shaheen, but not much from the BE coaches.
We always do well coming from off the pace. Willard was a master of this, too.

No disrespect for Kalkbrenner, but at the very least he and Karaban should be co COY.

I wonder if Richmond will be first-team at season's end? I bet he is not.
I must be missing something with Karaban. I don't even think he is first team big east player. Maybe based on all the talent on UCONN, i have overlooked him, but i don't see it.

I’m lower on Marquette, UConn and Creighton. I’m higher on SJU, Xavier and SHU.

Some bold takes from me:

1. Seton Hall will finish 5th or better
2. Xavier or St. John’s will win the league
3. Deivon Smith will be conference POY
4. UConn will finish 5th or worse
5. DePaul will win 6 or more league games
6. Georgetown will finish DFL (not a bold take, I guess)

I must be missing something with Karaban. I don't even think he is first team big east player. Maybe based on all the talent on UCONN, i have overlooked him, but i don't see it.
Don’t see it either. I honestly don’t love this UConn team, although it’s hard to bet against their coaching staff. Crazy that none of the assistants moved on to a head gig.

St John’s hype is similar to the Jets. Pre season speculation based on washed up legends who haven’t accomplished squat the past few years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT