ADVERTISEMENT

4-1 to finish OOC

newshu1

Senior
Gold Member
Nov 26, 2016
5 games left, assuming Northeastern and Monmouth wins, that leaves 3 swing games. Baylor, Rutgers, Missouri not out of realm of possibility to go 2-1. That would be a great foundation to go into Big East play, Just a little positivity after the disaster Cali trip.

BTW Baylor has 2 cupcakes then Seton Hall before Michigan State and Duke. Could be looking ahead. Nice scheduling spot for us

Certainly possible but at Missouri (technically) and home to Rutgers won't be easy. Neither team is that good but then again, neither is Seton Hall.

Reactions: Piratz and shupat08
Let's just focus on playing better and developing players.All we can do is maximize our potential.

Reactions: radecicco
i think our biggest issue is running an offense, being more patient and getting quality shots. We need more penetration to move the defense vs penetrating into 2-3 defenders for a contested shot. Seems like we drive w the sole intention to shoot.

Reactions: DIMEDISHA13
Let's just focus on playing better and developing players.All we can do is maximize our potential.
That's where I'm at. At this point we're just too inconsistent and because of that I have trouble putting the Northeastern game in the win column.

Who would sign up for 4-1 with the one loss being to Rutgers... right now.

I'd take the one-year pain and suffering for that outcome.
I'd rather lose to Baylor and Missouri than a single home loss from Rutgers during the final OOC stretch

The Missouri campus is two hours away from Kansas City.

It would be like playing us at Wells Fargo or Hartford.
Not really. It would be as if Seton Hall was a large state university playing down in Camden. I’m sure if we were a large state university, we’d have a good number of fans surrounding Camden, but we are not.

While the campus is 2 hours away, I’m sure there’s a large fan base in that area. Our fan base near Hartford or near Wells Fargo is somewhere between minimal and nonexistent.

Reactions: Halldan1 and SPK145
The Missouri campus is two hours away from Kansas City.

It would be like playing us at Wells Fargo or Hartford.
1. You obviously have never been to the midwest. :p
2. It's anything but semi-away for the Pirates. It's not a longer bus ride than usual.

Only good scenario in that 4-1 is if we beat Baylor but lose to Rutgers.. if it goes the other way then our biggest OOC victory will be home against an average Rutgers team. Which means our shot an NCAA at large bid are all but over barring some miracles in league play..

KCMO is huge KU country. Missouri has not traditionally drawn well in KCMO. But the game is on the weekend and their program is on the upswing. How many SHU fans will realistically travel out there for a single game? It’s a road game for us. It will be a tough environment.

Not really. It would be as if Seton Hall was a large state university playing down in Camden. I’m sure if we were a large state university, we’d have a good number of fans surrounding Camden, but we are not.

While the campus is 2 hours away, I’m sure there’s a large fan base in that area. Our fan base near Hartford or near Wells Fargo is somewhere between minimal and nonexistent.
Fair point. Obviously we'll be outnumbered. It would be worse if it were KU though.

KCMO is huge KU country. Missouri has not traditionally drawn well in KCMO. But the game is on the weekend and their program is on the upswing. How many SHU fans will realistically travel out there for a single game? It’s a road game for us. It will be a tough environment.
I've worked with a company that had a group based in KC. Based on my interactions with them, most were KU fans.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT