ADVERTISEMENT

40 minute no show

Today is the day to transition from being critical towards being supportive. What we do know is that right now SHU is truly a Bubble Team, very close to being in The Tournament. Seven games left before MSG, with 4 home and 3 road. They have to forget about the last game and move on.

It really starts with Richmond elevating his focus. It would be great to see 8+ assists and 2 turnover game. He has to get Dawes the ball for quality shots, Most important will be the defense of the entire team. Xavier is top heavy as far as scoring. Their top three guys are excellent. Here's hoping for a resurgent home team.

That was not my point. A lot of players today are after money. Well people paying the money aren't going want to pay players who just randomly decide to take days off. So in the NIL era it's really not a good move, if your next move is about getting paid.
And pre-NIL, coaches wouldn’t want to recruit players who just randomly decide to take days off. It’s the same concept except with “over the table” money involved. Players were always motivated or unmotivated. It’s all up to the individual.

And pre-NIL, coaches wouldn’t want to recruit players who just randomly decide to take days off. It’s the same concept except with “over the table” money involved. Players were always motivated or unmotivated. It’s all up to the individual.

I've been saying that for years on here and got destroyed. I lead the board in using the term self motivated. I agree 100%. Everyone blamed coaches in the past for not motivating the players because it fit a good narrative. Now we got the alpha dog motivator as a coach, same results in terms of motivation. I just figured with over the table money as you call it, there's a lot more to be motivated for. And that still doesn't do it for some.

There has been a lot of uneven performances in CBB this year. I think I read more top 20 teams have been upset thus far than in any other year. Turnover of roster (portal, etc.), NIL, coaching turnover, etc., I'm sure has led to a lot of it.

Pretty much every team has a stinker or spell of poor play. SHU has had their great moments and some bad ones this year. Let's see how they come out against Xavier. Sha's "punch in the mouth comment" was a challenge.

Reactions: Section112
I've been saying that for years on here and got destroyed. I lead the board in using the term self motivated. I agree 100%. Everyone blamed coaches in the past for not motivating the players because it fit a good narrative. Now we got the alpha dog motivator as a coach, same results in terms of motivation. I just figured with over the table money as you call it, there's a lot more to be motivated for. And that still doesn't do it for some.
The most frustrating part about Richmond is it looked like Sha had gotten through to him. To go from one of the best to just showing up and going through the motions is disheartening to say the least. I loved Sha’s postgame comments towards him. Hopefully Kadary responds positively and gets back to his dominant ways.

There has been a lot of uneven performances in CBB this year. I think I read more top 20 teams have been upset thus far than in any other year. Turnover of roster (portal, etc.), NIL, coaching turnover, etc., I'm sure has led to a lot of it.

Pretty much every team has a stinker or spell of poor play. SHU has had their great moments and some bad ones this year. Let's see how they come out against Xavier. Sha's "punch in the mouth comment" was a challenge.
Tomorrow is a big day...we're really set to find out if Sunday was a stinker or if the first 2.5 weeks of January was just a hot streak.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT